• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#4041 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:11 PM

Blend, You are now no longer neighbors with Nico. Can I have my trade pn back now?

:lol:
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#4042 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:18 PM

View Posttwelve, on 09 June 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

Blend, You are now no longer neighbors with Nico. Can I have my trade pn back now?

Twelve, thank you ever so much. The only reason for me to hesitate going to visit my good friend Blend is now removed. I just couldn't really afford the steady property tax that gets levied on your side of the universe. Now, with your property tax removal service that is no longer an issue for me.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 09 June 2018 - 05:19 PM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#4043 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:24 PM

View PostTapper, on 09 June 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

View PostBlend, on 09 June 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

Good to know.... Been playing as if I couldnt all game.... well shit.

Thanks for clarification Tapper!

You're welcome!
I wish FFG had put it with the Learn to Play rules, as it deals with so many little rules and side rules... I understand why it is a different document in the box, but as PDF, there's no reason to not include it all in one.

so..care to share that pdf with the rest of us who live in near ignorance of this game?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#4044 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:27 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 09 June 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 09 June 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

Sigh, I hate action cards and their randomness. You just can't plan for them, so what are you supposed to do? And I never even saw that card among the list of ACs.

This round has been a complete bust.

Tapper, I can return the fleet to my systems next round, or you can just straight up destroy them. Screw those failures.

To be fair you also used an AC to flee my fleet and wreak havoc on me later.

Silly Morgoth. Expecting a Sol politician to be 'fair' and not a hypocrite? It's like you live somewhere else.

#4045 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:32 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 09 June 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 09 June 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

High Leader Kkim, we have a request of thee: please don't do anything aggressive with Ghostly portable A wormhole.

The Naalu fully understand the desire and the need for retribution. So much so that we ask a boon: let us be your avenging sword this time.

Yeah, that Carrier with the soldiers was going somewhere :lol:

Well, mostly they were there cause I can't land them when using the logistics card. And a couple of ships in my wormhole bordering system was worth feeding some deadhead soldiers for awhile, But then I noticed that portable asshole that Tatts provided you with...

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 09 June 2018 - 05:38 PM

#4046 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:43 PM

View PostGnaw, on 09 June 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 09 June 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

View PostBlend, on 09 June 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

Good to know.... Been playing as if I couldnt all game.... well shit.

Thanks for clarification Tapper!

You're welcome!
I wish FFG had put it with the Learn to Play rules, as it deals with so many little rules and side rules... I understand why it is a different document in the box, but as PDF, there's no reason to not include it all in one.

so..care to share that pdf with the rest of us who live in near ignorance of this game?

https://images-cdn.f...erence_v1_1.pdf

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4047 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:50 PM

View PostGnaw, on 09 June 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 09 June 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

Twelve, thank you ever so much. The only reason for me to hesitate going to visit my good friend Blend is now removed. I just couldn't really afford the steady property tax that gets levied on your side of the universe. Now, with your property tax removal service that is no longer an issue for me.

Heh. Never mind. You have a property tax removal service. The Sardakk have a feline removal service...

Edit: 2 Dreadnaught's, 2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 4 fighters. Make that a 'feline replacement service'

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 09 June 2018 - 05:53 PM

#4048 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:32 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 09 June 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

A suggestion for next game: When ACs run out, they run out. No used ones getting shuffled back in.

I have a different idea. Let's make some of our own!!

Suggestion 1: Secret Summit / Play as an action / Choose one other player. You and that player may open a PM (monitored by the ModGod) that must be closed before your next turn.
Edit:
Suggestion 1: Secret Summit / Play as an action / Choose any other player. The ModGod will open a PM between the two players which will be closed at the start of the initiating player’s next turn.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 09 June 2018 - 06:39 PM

#4049 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:43 PM

That was another development i did not see coming. 4 main fleets tightly knit.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#4050 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:45 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 09 June 2018 - 06:43 PM, said:

That was another development i did not see coming. 4 main fleets tightly knit.

Yeah. Had I realized that Tapper was going to shut that door so effectively I would have moved my ships into the nebula; great place for me to park a reaction force.

#4051 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:54 PM

I am at a thing, will be able to post a turn in an hour or two most likely!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4052 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:00 PM

Tapper What is your long term plan for those ships? Like Morgoth said that is a lot of main fleets in such a tightly clumped portion of the map.

#4053 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:04 PM

Also like to mention that Tapper is likely to score 4 VP this round. with a possibility of gaining 3 to 4 the next round with such a large collection of planets. And no one other than me has mentioned that he is a threat to win the game.

Gnaw if any of Tappers planets can help you score a secret objective now might be the time to take them.

#4054 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:08 PM

Anyone have an action card that will help me take Tapper off Lodor? I have my trade agreement available if you do.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4055 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:13 PM

View PostBlend, on 09 June 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

Anyone have an action card that will help me take Tapper off Lodor? I have my trade agreement available if you do.

I have a great one that would help Tapper keep it. Don’t suppose you’d be willing to transfer it to him?
Posted Image

#4056 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:23 PM

View Posttwelve, on 09 June 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

Tapper What is your long term plan for those ships? Like Morgoth said that is a lot of main fleets in such a tightly clumped portion of the map.

Going for a movie with my wife for her birthday, so this is me sneaking in an answer from the Gents' toilet and later, when she went.

First thing, thanks to D'rek for resolution, that went better than I hoped.

@ Morgoth: this move has been on the cards as a plan B for 2 turns, but the wormhole directive derailed last turn's attempt and Tatts made plan A invalid.

@ Twelve: the reasons:
A. I wanted a little bit more production, and Abyz-Fria and Moll Primus were blocked off. I don't want to look at my neighbours property either considering we went along so nicely so far.
B. It closes off the non-wandering side of the Alpha-wormhole, at a time when Blend parked half his fleet in a remote corner of the board.
C. I plan to stay with something that can match Blend's fleets, but nothing more. I am not looking for war with you or IH and I am not even looking at Thibah for expansion.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#4057 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:23 PM

I might but I was hoping to save it for myself as I feel like I might need it next round. I'll show it to you. to see if you are interested in it.

#4058 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:31 PM

View PostTapper, on 09 June 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 09 June 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

Going for a movie with my wife for her birthday, so this is me sneaking in an answer from the Gents' toilet and later, when she went.

Do you have a secret life that you keep hidden from your significant other? Do you engage in behaviors relating to that secret life at any opportune moment? Do you devote great periods of time and attention to that secret life?
If so, you might have a problem! Call 1-800-GAMEADDICT to speak with a helping hand today!

#4059 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:33 PM

View Posttwelve, on 09 June 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

I might but I was hoping to save it for myself as I feel like I might need it next round. I'll show it to you. to see if you are interested in it.

Definitely interested. My trade agreement is yours for that if you want it.

#4060 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:56 PM

View PostBlend, on 09 June 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 09 June 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

Definitely interested. My trade agreement is yours for that if you want it.

I trade shown action card for your trade agreement pn. Deal accepted

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

38 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users