• This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#3821 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:59 PM

View Posttwelve, on 06 June 2018 - 09:46 PM, said:

Tatts I was so focused on the fact I could get away without being attacked and still thinking I'd end the round without getting attacked that I completely ignored that trade at the time. My fault for overlooking the significance of that trade. It wasn't until it was mentioned again right after Blends action post that I was, what! Where did this come from!? That will still mess me up! I need to stop it! That's when I knew I needed to offer something to stop it.

If you are okay with allowing me a peaceful withdrawal and Gnaw agrees to not trap me, then I will not counter your brokered deal with Blend.

So Tatts, if you agree to this post I will fix my post to include the action card swap with Khell.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3822 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:04 PM

View PostBlend, on 06 June 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

Tatts I was so focused on the fact I could get away without being attacked and still thinking I'd end the round without getting attacked that I completely ignored that trade at the time. My fault for overlooking the significance of that trade. It wasn't until it was mentioned again right after Blends action post that I was, what! Where did this come from!? That will still mess me up! I need to stop it! That's when I knew I needed to offer something to stop it.

If you are okay with allowing me a peaceful withdrawal and Gnaw agrees to not trap me, then I will not counter your brokered deal with Blend.

So Tatts, if you agree to this post I will fix my post to include the action card swap with Khell.

I agree.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3823 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:07 PM

Post has been updated.

This discussion is now closed.

I will not be making any further updates to this action (unless Drek tells me I fucked something up).
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3824 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:08 PM

I'm to the point with these ridiculous trade auctions and reneging of deals that I'm about done making trades at all with either Blend or Twelve.

Twelve you just fucking admitted you saw it, ignored it, and then cried about post facto when you realized it potentially fucked you. You just made Tatts' point for him
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3825 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:10 PM

You dont want to deal with negotiating then the Hacan have no interest in dealing with you anyway. :lol:

I always seek the best deal. That will not change.

#3826 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:12 PM

Tatts, is this still in lieu of the 3TG?

(You can keep your action card).

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 06 June 2018 - 10:14 PM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3827 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:30 PM

View PostBlend, on 06 June 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

You dont want to deal with negotiating then the Hacan have no interest in dealing with you anyway. :lol:

My problem with the both of you is you’ll say “deal!” and then open it up for renegotiation. I don’t bargain with people like that in real life and I’m not going to do it anymore in a game.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3828 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:33 PM

View PostGnaw, on 06 June 2018 - 10:08 PM, said:

I'm to the point with these ridiculous trade auctions and reneging of deals that I'm about done making trades at all with either Blend or Twelve.

Twelve you just fucking admitted you saw it, ignored it, and then cried about post facto when you realized it potentially fucked you. You just made Tatts' point for him

Gnaw. Again. I'm trying to treat this like an in person game as much as possible even though it's a forum setting. As in live games people might hear others negotiate but are focused on what they need to do that they might not realize what others are talking about until the last possible second. That is what happened here. Do you want a conversation and deal agreed upon whIle you sleep that you would totally disagree with and are willing to counter go through uncontested just because players agreed to a deal. That more than anything goes against the spirit of the game and should be allowed some wiggle room. I'm sorry that you are upset about it but I'm still going to continue that play style.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3829 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:35 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 06 June 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

Tatts, is this still in lieu of the 3TG?

(You can keep your action card).

Yes

#3830 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:43 PM

View PostGnaw, on 06 June 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 06 June 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

My problem with the both of you is you’ll say “deal!” and then open it up for renegotiation. I don’t bargain with people like that in real life and I’m not going to do it anymore in a game.

Your loss, really. Until the trade is posted on the action thread (and I WILL make sure to finalize all deals on thread prior to posting in the action thread going forward), I'm always open to negotiation. I mean, look what I got out of it this last turn!

#3831 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:06 PM

Spoken like a true free market capitalist :lol:
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3832 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:08 PM

Standard 2:2 with Tapper. Who wants my 3rd commodity?

#3833 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:09 PM

I'll post my move in the morning. I've got a lot to do.

#3834 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:27 PM

Yeah, so adding an extra deal to a game post 5-10 minutes after posting it before anyone else has posted a game post nor the chat thread talking about any other topic, because of a bit of reaction/clarification to a complicated deal that had already been setup - fine.

But this:

View PostBlend, on 06 June 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

Post updated accordingly!

Tatts/Khell - if you have anything to counter offer to have that deal completed, please let me know asap so I can update the post again should I agree.

Asking for counter offers an hour after the game thread post... mmm no. Definitely not. Nooooo.

The post has evidently been edited several times, but I think you should rewind it to whatever it was at no-later-than 10 minutes after the original was posted.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3835 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:27 PM

View PostGnaw, on 06 June 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

I'm tapped but Blend might have some remaining once he no longer borders Nico.

Gnaw, you still didn't mention if you are going to trap my troops in Abryz/Fria. I know you mentioned you don't want to trade with me but I would really like to know if you are going to do it or not and if so can I persuade you or not?

#3836 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:30 PM

View PostD, on 06 June 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

Yeah, so adding an extra deal to a game post 5-10 minutes after posting it before anyone else has posted a game post nor the chat thread talking about any other topic, because of a bit of reaction/clarification to a complicated deal that had already been setup - fine.

But this:

Tatts/Khell - if you have anything to counter offer to have that deal completed, please let me know asap so I can update the post again should I agree.

Asking for counter offers an hour after the game thread post... mmm no. Definitely not. Nooooo.

The post has evidently been edited several times, but I think you should rewind it to whatever it was at no-later-than 10 minutes after the original was posted.

It is back to the original deal and Tatts agreed to let me leave without a fight so it turned out to be much to do about nothing.

#3837 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:33 PM

View Posttwelve, on 06 June 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 06 June 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

I'm tapped but Blend might have some remaining once he no longer borders Nico.

Gnaw, you still didn't mention if you are going to trap my troops in Abryz/Fria. I know you mentioned you don't want to trade with me but I would really like to know if you are going to do it or not and if so can I persuade you or not?

I’m not going to trap your troops.

#3838 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:43 PM

But this:

So are you saying I cannot do the Tatts/Khell action card trade?

#3839 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:56 PM

But this:

To be fair I did post that only after you gave us permission to fix our shit by the time you got home in response to me asking if I could do exactly what I did. If Twelve was still allowed to negotiate with me then why wouldnt others?

I am sorry if I misunderstood your post.

At the moment, the action card trade for Khell/Tatts is part of my action. I can remove it if you want.

I will be more careful about properly negotiating things in the future, and will no longer make changes to my post after I make it unless you tell me to.

#3840 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:01 AM

View PostBlend, on 06 June 2018 - 11:56 PM, said:

But this:

To be fair I did post that only after you gave us permission to fix our shit by the time you got home in response to me asking if I could do exactly what I did. If Twelve was still allowed to negotiate with me then why wouldnt others?

I am sorry if I misunderstood your post.

At the moment, the action card trade for Khell/Tatts is part of my action. I can remove it if you want.

I will be more careful about properly negotiating things in the future, and will no longer make changes to my post after I make it unless you tell me to.

Uh, I have no idea. Leave it as is I guess, since it's been that way for even longer now and most people seem happy with it.

I'll pay more attention to the post times next time, too. When I had originally posted I thought it was only a few minutes since your game post.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook