• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#3801 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:02 PM

Have asked D'rek via PM - will let her decide.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3802 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:15 PM

Too many trades. I'm lost. You guys sort it out and fix your game thread PMs accordingly before I am at home and start updating my spreadsheets (like... 1.5 hoursish). I'm not worried about minor timing retcons unless any other players are fussed by them (which they may have valid reasons to be).

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3803 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:19 PM

So Sounds Like the mod doesnt have any objections. Blend I give you my trade pn to not broker that trade between Khell and Tatts. They can counter of course but they should be tapped with winning the warfare use auction.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3804 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:27 PM

Post updated accordingly!

Tatts/Khell - if you have anything to counter offer to have that deal completed, please let me know asap so I can update the post again should I agree.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3805 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:30 PM

View PostBlend, on 06 June 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

Tatts/Khell - if you have anything to counter offer to have that deal completed, please let me know asap so I can update the post again should I agree.

Uh, did you just post a completed trade in the game thread (the one with Twelve) and now say here you will still accept higher offers?
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#3806 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:33 PM

You should probably word that either trade is possible until negotiations are final... well Tatts is next and they need to be final before he goes so it's probably a moot point.

#3807 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:39 PM

I objected as Tatts told blend he agreed to an action card swap as part of the warfare trade when no such agreement was done in this thread. There was talk of one that I initially was for before Tatts wanted no part of my peaceful withdrawl. As negotiations moved on this item wasn't mentioned again. No formal agreement was done by Blend. So I countered what Tatts wanted to do to prevent a card swap that would give Tatts another stall action.

#3808 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:39 PM

View PostTapper, on 06 June 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

Uh, did you just post a completed trade in the game thread (the one with Twelve) and now say here you will still accept higher offers?

I left a provisional with Drek to use rhe action card Blend. Twelve surely cannot come in AFTER you posted the action to offer you something to cancel the action.

He's had days to make you that offer not to just shit hinself the minute it's posted.

That's NOT cool.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3809 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:43 PM

I very much agree that I had not made any agreement to do the deal with Tatts/Khell yet - I added it in after he mentioned it on thread, AFTER I had already posted my trade.

If you guys are going to have a problem with Twelve negotiating the same thing that Tatts did AFTER the fact, then I think both should be canceled and I neither do the action card trade for Tatts/Khell nor do the Trade Agreement trade with Twelve.

#3810 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:44 PM

Yes... Basically right after Drek said it was okay to update my post accordingly.

#3811 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:51 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 06 June 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

I left a provisional with Drek to use rhe action card Blend. Twelve surely cannot come in AFTER you posted the action to offer you something to cancel the action.

He's had days to make you that offer not to just shit hinself the minute it's posted.

That's NOT cool.

You made the deal with Khell for the action card trade literally a few hours ago. How, then, did Twelve have DAYS to make a counter offer?

#3812 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:01 PM

View PostBlend, on 06 June 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

Yes... Basically right after Drek said it was okay to update my post accordingly.

Okay. Consider me not entirely fuzzed (to use D'reks lingo) but still mildly miffed that a post on the game thread is not a final standing at the end of a turn, but a running auction to be concluded later.

I know the damage is only 1.5 hours because that's D'reks time limit (and if it wasn't for our cat being out and us not having a catflap, it would have happened while I was happily sleeping) but I do want to state that I don't like the idea of game posts being modified by players for anything other than actions being against the rules or being cancelled by game mechanics.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#3813 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:01 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 06 June 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

That's NOT cool.

There was no agreed upon offer to object to. That is what is not cool.

#3814 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:16 PM

I don't really have any horses in this race and don't mind either outcome, but Twelve, why didn't you put in your counter-offer to Blend as soon as you saw Tatts' offer? Why object only after Blend posted it to the game thread?
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3815 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:17 PM

View PostTapper, on 06 June 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 06 June 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

Okay. Consider me not entirely fuzzed (to use D'reks lingo) but still mildly miffed that a post on the game thread is not a final standing at the end of a turn, but a running auction to be concluded later.

I know the damage is only 1.5 hours because that's D'reks time limit (and if it wasn't for our cat being out and us not having a catflap, it would have happened while I was happily sleeping) but I do want to state that I don't like the idea of game posts being modified by players for anything other than actions being against the rules or being cancelled by game mechanics.

Then by this logic, the action card trade for Tatts/Khell would not have been permissible either given it was edited in AFTER I had originally posted my action.

I don't really care - obviously I'd rather end up with Twelve's PN than not, but I can live without.

But if Tatts wants to get uppity about my negotiating that trade with Twelve after having posted, then he should have the same problem with his negotiating with me after I had initially posted my action post.

#3816 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:22 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 06 June 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

I don't really have any horses in this race and don't mind either outcome, but Twelve, why didn't you put in your counter-offer to Blend as soon as you saw Tatts' offer? Why object only after Blend posted it to the game thread?

The deal was between you and Tatts. I don't remember seeing anything from you guys even asking Blend to do it and I definitely don't remember seeing Blend agreeing to it. Why give resources away when you don't have to.

#3817 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:25 PM

Okay it feels like says, maybe I wasn't being literal on that part but hours ago when both Twelve and Blend was on I asked Khell if he'd do it. Twelve even quoted the post. Blend and I discussed it as well quite a few posts previously although it wasn't agreed.

My grievance is that Twelve could have counter offered when I said. Yet he waited until after Blend put it in his post. Blend was happy to broker Khells and my trade.

View PostKhellendros, on 06 June 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 06 June 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Morgorh to make my move possible I need to research, anything I can offer you to do that before my next turn?

If not, Khell would you be willing to forget the 3 TGs and give me a component action card via Blend?

Sure, I'm happy to do that.

View Posttwelve, on 06 June 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 06 June 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Hmmm, you know, it occurs to me that if IH plays Trade this round, it won't really matter that Gnaw's giving me back my Trade Agreement as I'll have to do the Trade Secondary before I do the trade with Gnaw.... Hrmmm...

And if you hold off on warfare I will evict Nico as tyour neighbor again and you shouldn't have to worry about pillages for.a while as well.

View Posttwelve, on 06 June 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 06 June 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 06 June 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Morgorh to make my move possible I need to research, anything I can offer you to do that before my next turn?

If not, Khell would you be willing to forget the 3 TGs and give me a component action card via Blend?

Sure, I'm happy to do that.

Hah! You do need upgraded dreads for your move too! I should have stuck a ship in herrah after all.

View PostTattersail_, on 06 June 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

Blend can you add the action card from khell to me in your post?

#3818 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:29 PM

View Posttwelve, on 05 June 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

Tatts, I have a way for you to take Abyz Fria without a fight. You interested?

I pay Blend to be broker with my trade pn, Khell and you give Blend action cards, you the intercept card and Khell and action card that allows you to stall. Blend gives you Khells card, me your card and Khell gets an agreement not to be attacked from all three of us. I play logistics my next turn, you the stall card, then I move out my next and you move in.

Is this acceptable?

Twelve, given the current situation I'd be happy to implement this as it's close to what has happened anyway.

#3819 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:31 PM

Had I known that Twelve had a counteroffer I would have definitely held off on posting it.

Anytime I have made any deal I have always confirmed pn thread exactly what the deal was before agreeing to it.

We had discussed doing an action card swap but there was no formal agreement.

I honestly didnt expect Twelve to counteroffer which is the only reason I immediately added it to my post.

#3820 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:46 PM

Tatts I was so focused on the fact I could get away without being attacked and still thinking I'd end the round without getting attacked that I completely ignored that trade at the time. My fault for overlooking the significance of that trade. It wasn't until it was mentioned again right after Blends action post that I was, what! Where did this come from!? That will still mess me up! I need to stop it! That's when I knew I needed to offer something to stop it.

If you are okay with allowing me a peaceful withdrawal and Gnaw agrees to not trap me, then I will not counter your brokered deal with Blend.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

42 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 42 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook