• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#3601 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:28 PM

View Posttwelve, on 04 June 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

Gnaw what does signal jamming do exactly? Does it exhaust the planets or just prevent Tatts from activating the system?

It just forces the targeted player to place a CT in the system, so they can't activate it later.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3602 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:29 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 04 June 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

You wanted the sabotage card to go through.
Just like I wanted Gnaw to play my Creuss Ceasefire PN.

Honestly Twelve I CAN take your planets this turn BUT Gnaw may have pissed me off that much that I may take his fucking homeworld next turn. I may have to leave you alone. For the game as a whole I shouldn't, but what can YOU offer me for my Ceasefire PN.

Well I can build this round if I want. As for reaching that system you must also have the action card that allows you to move through another's space. I just don't see how else you can do it. Need to look at your player sheet again somemore.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3603 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:32 PM

View Posttwelve, on 04 June 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

Honestly Twelve I CAN take your planets this turn BUT Gnaw may have pissed me off that much that I may take his fucking homeworld next turn. I may have to leave you alone. For the game as a whole I shouldn't, but what can YOU offer me for my Ceasefire PN.

Well I can build this round if I want. As for reaching that system you must also have the action card that allows you to move through another's space. I just don't see how else you can do it. Need to look at your player sheet again somemore.

If I say I can do it, I can do it.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3604 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:42 PM

I think I'm ready to take my action, but just waiting to see if Twelve's new move will affect what I do.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3605 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:42 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 04 June 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

Then why didn't you do it last round before we knew my action was canceled? You choose to move into the wormhole system instead. You have the firepower to take it even though I now know you are coming. Your flagship can't help you as you can only go to the delta wormhole with it. This seems like a bluff to me.

#3606 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:44 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 04 June 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

I think I'm ready to take my action, but just waiting to see if Twelve's new move will affect what I do.

Doubt it. I'm going to move 1 cruiser somewhere. Just need to check the map, figure out if tatts is bluffing and maybe negotiate with gnaw regarding something.

#3607 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:47 PM

Gnaw any chance you can stand down your pds so I can park a cruiser in berg to prevent Morgoth from building more ships?

#3608 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:55 PM

So I'm either going to move a cruiser to berg system or move a cruiser to Herrah VI. I think.

#3609 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:59 PM

View Posttwelve, on 04 June 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 04 June 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

Then why didn't you do it last round before we knew my action was canceled? You choose to move into the wormhole system instead. You have the firepower to take it even though I now know you are coming. Your flagship can't help you as you can only go to the delta wormhole with it. This seems like a bluff to me.

Same reason you baited the sabotage card from IH. I wanted my Creuse Ceasefire PN back.

#3610 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:06 PM

Lunch is over and I need Gnaw around to get him to stand down his pds before I take my action. Though with all Tatts Talk I'm tempted to just take star point system now that he can't do anything about it.

#3611 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:48 PM

View Posttwelve, on 04 June 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

Lunch is over and I need Gnaw around to get him to stand down his pds before I take my action. Though with all Tatts Talk I'm tempted to just take star point system now that he can't do anything about it.

Sorry. I likes the drunken Viking Borg.

Now if you want to crack Rex go for it: safe flying in that space from me.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3612 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:12 PM

Okay....

Tatts, since Gnaw won't let me stop Morgoth from building more ships near him even though I have been more than generous with the trade refreshes I need another plan. And with all this talk of attacking me I propose this. You and I exchange ceasefire pns. If not them I'm going to take the star point system and then use logistics to take another system. You would lose 5 production and 4 influence to gain 5 production. Seems like a poor exchange to me. I don't really want my ships all the way to the se but I can't have you coming in either.

What do you say?

#3613 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:06 AM

View Posttwelve, on 04 June 2018 - 11:12 PM, said:

Okay....

Tatts, since Gnaw won't let me stop Morgoth from building more ships near him even though I have been more than generous with the trade refreshes I need another plan. And with all this talk of attacking me I propose this. You and I exchange ceasefire pns. If not them I'm going to take the star point system and then use logistics to take another system. You would lose 5 production and 4 influence to gain 5 production. Seems like a poor exchange to me. I don't really want my ships all the way to the se but I can't have you coming in either.

What do you say?

Really? "Gnaw, you're an ungrateful bastard cause you won't let me move a fleet into your ally's hex and next door to yours without taking any protection for yourself."

Waaaaahhhh Would you like some cheese to go with that whine?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3614 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:30 AM

You know what. Fuck this. You want to dither and dick around changing your move after half the board has already made moves?

D'rek, I believe technically it's still my turn. I withdraw my action card. I'll make my turn after Twelve does whatever his 15th idea is.

Tatts: I'm getting out of your way. You want to come after me? Fine.

Don't and I'll give you the speaker token. Do and it goes to Tapper.

Morgoth, I withdraw my objection to you using the technology card this turn. Please do so if you wish.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 05 June 2018 - 12:35 AM

#3615 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:08 AM

Gnaw it's 1 cruiser and I can't even carry any troops with it. If you are afraid of that I don't know what to tell you. I'm not crying just stating that my plan didn't work while also trying to guilt you into allowing me to do so, therefore I need to figure something else to do. And I still stand by the fact that I have actually gone. It's an action to play the card that was sabotaged. Thematically it makes sense that I spend most of my turn trying to get agents into his system infiltrate his defenses to take out his PDS. Just because it was thwarted shouldn't mean, oops nothing actually happened try something else.

#3616 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:14 AM

As for going after half the rest of the board has gone that is also nothing I can change. The mod said I have to go again. I don't really want to but she says jump I say how high (while I grumble under my breath). That is the downside of playing a forum format to this game. I was screwed earlier this round as I would have been able to exhaust the planets that Nico bombarded in a live game but because I have to wait until my actual turn to do the secondaries I was unable to do so Shit happens. Also forgive me for trying to salvage what I can of my game as I will likely be a smoldering wreck of a power after half the board is likely to take shots at me this round. This is make or break for me, I'm going to try everything in my power to still have a shot at winning even if that is looking less and less likely especially if Tatts isn't lying to me.

#3617 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:29 AM

And I agree, Everyone else after me should have a chance to retract their actions if what I do would change their actions. That would only be fair. Even if you do take back that action card and Tatts is able to respond and retake the system back from me I will force him to exhaust those planets and he won't be able to use them to build, I assume a war sun. Without that He won't have as good of odds against me. So the fact remains I would like to negotiate an exchange of ceasefire pns if I can. I have a backup action in mind when we secure the trade that doesn't require negotiations with anyone else. So once I know if we swap ceasefire pns will tell me that I will either attack Tatts or option B which is a defensive move.

#3618 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:36 AM

View Posttwelve, on 05 June 2018 - 01:14 AM, said:

As for going after half the rest of the board has gone that is also nothing I can change. The mod said I have to go again.

Hey, thematically I don't even disagree. But the FFG designers/errata say otherwise. It's over my head, too :headbang:

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3619 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:16 AM

So this turn Twelve, you placed a cruiser in Herrah, withdrew that action. Used the action card which got sabotaged and now you're using thread dialogue AFTER your turn to change your plans again. I understand its your turn but negotations between us should be happening for your next turn. I'll see how hostile you want to be to me before making a decision on ceasefire.

Gnaw I won't come after you if you do get out of my way. I won't need research then to do what I wanted to do. I thought I was getting speaker to keep it in the family. That makes it equally important I don't come after you.

Twelve if he moves I don't need the 4 TGs from Starpoint but you'll make it easier for me to take systems off you and I'll take Starpoint back next turn.

#3620 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:23 AM

Well That didn't go at all like I expected. Hmmm. Well I guess you called my bluff.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

15 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users