• This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#3381 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:11 PM

View Posttwelve, on 02 June 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

Hmmmm, when I traded you that card Blend and said it was obvious where you would use it, I guess I was wtong. It wasn't obvious. Did not expect that. Just be warned my pds provisional for that system is to fire on any ships within range with the possible exception of Khells. So don't be surprised if you get a couple pot shots sent your way when you move there.

Why would you shoot at me? I've done nothing to threaten you, and I'm helping to keep Khell in check.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3382 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:12 PM

Plus you can't really blame me for you not realizing what I was planning to do. If I went after IH, I'd have both him and Nico on my ass, this way I don't go after either, nor do I go after you, AND I help keep Khell in line by adding pressure to his already thinning lines.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3383 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:19 PM

If you think about it, this helps you as well.

By having one of my fleets on that end of the wormhole, it means that people like Tapper or Tatts will have to go through me to get at your back end. Makes it a lot less likely you'll be dealing with that on top of whatever you'll be dealing with on your front lines.

#3384 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:24 PM

“Pray to the Hacan gods.”

Meow, meow meow meowmeow meow, Meow!
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3385 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:25 PM

Make. Him. Pay! Make. Him. Pay!

Plus, the attack on me will turn into a backside attack on you when you overtake me in VPs.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3386 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:28 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 02 June 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 02 June 2018 - 05:46 PM, said:

Took me a bit to find Sakulag. That’s evil. I applaud it.

It's obvious. I said to D'rek that's what he would do.

I think that would give him the planets he needs for Expanded Borders, and no PDS means he can bombard, too.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#3387 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:30 PM

Tatts, you’re up. I can’t see how waiting on that fight to resolve affects anything you wanna do?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3388 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:33 PM

View PostGnaw, on 02 June 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

“Pray to the Hacan gods.”

More like: "we're not answering prayers. We're gods. You're worshippers. Now worship. And don't forget, I like a scratch under the jaw and I don't like chicken, but I do like chicken and rice."

#3389 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:35 PM

View PostBlend, on 02 June 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 02 June 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

Hmmmm, when I traded you that card Blend and said it was obvious where you would use it, I guess I was wtong. It wasn't obvious. Did not expect that. Just be warned my pds provisional for that system is to fire on any ships within range with the possible exception of Khells. So don't be surprised if you get a couple pot shots sent your way when you move there.

Why would you shoot at me? I've done nothing to threaten you, and I'm helping to keep Khell in check.

That isn't entirely accurate. I was motivated to trade you that card because you were seriously entertaining doing just that. Plus if you move your fleet there I will have your fleet on my West with IH, Nico and Morgoth on my East and South with Tatts able to go wherever the hell he wants to go. The board has been very clear that they are considering me a serious threat to win the game and with you planting a fleet in range of a relatively undefended territory or within shot of my homeland after you publicly stated that you will likely have to turn on me at some point you can understand I'm not okay with it.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3390 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:37 PM

View PostTapper, on 02 June 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

"Pray to the Hacan gods."

More like: "we're not answering prayers. We're gods. You're worshippers. Now worship. And don't forget, I like a scratch under the jaw and I don't like chicken, but I do like chicken and rice."

I don’t know what Blend’s prayers were. Mine translate to “Lazar has the nicest laundry baskets full of fresh, warm laundry in the galaxy, FYI.”

#3391 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:38 PM

View PostGnaw, on 02 June 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

Tatts, you’re up. I can’t see how waiting on that fight to resolve affects anything you wanna do?

Did you ger my message earlier on regarding moving ship for 2tgs?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3392 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:39 PM

* gets popcorn *

#3393 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:41 PM

View PostBlend, on 02 June 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

Plus you can't really blame me for you not realizing what I was planning to do. If I went after IH, I'd have both him and Nico on my ass, this way I don't go after either, nor do I go after you, AND I help keep Khell in line by adding pressure to his already thinning lines.

You had me to help you with Nico and that was my main focus for this round, to neutralize the Pirates, though him grabbing Diplomacy really messes those plans up and IH was already expecting you to attack him so you can't really be surprised if he does make a move but I think IH is a logical enough player to put aside your failed attempt to attack him for a chance that you both can make moves that would slow me and down have a chance at the win. He even said as much.

My firing on any ships that enter that system is really in my long term best interests regardless of who it is.

#3394 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:42 PM

View PostGnaw, on 02 June 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 02 June 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

"Pray to the Hacan gods."

I don’t know what Blend’s prayers were. Mine translate to “Lazar has the nicest laundry baskets full of fresh, warm laundry in the galaxy, FYI.”

My Hacan goddess is more obsessed with chasing the Hacan god next door off the fence than she is with answering my pleads to please come home.

#3395 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:44 PM

View PostBlend, on 02 June 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

If you think about it, this helps you as well.

By having one of my fleets on that end of the wormhole, it means that people like Tapper or Tatts will have to go through me to get at your back end. Makes it a lot less likely you'll be dealing with that on top of whatever you'll be dealing with on your front lines.

I'm not saying you can't go there and you may be right that it will make other's less interested in doing the same just don't expect a positive response from me. But it still doesn't change the fact that I will be flanked from all sides. I'm just not okay with that.

#3396 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:47 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 02 June 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

Make. Him. Pay! Make. Him. Pay!

Plus, the attack on me will turn into a backside attack on you when you overtake me in VPs.

I have to actually overtake you in points first and even in second place I'm still 2 VP behind you and if it's looking like I can't I will be the one to be attacking you instead (If I still have ships to do that anyway).

#3397 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:53 PM

I see that you have posted the rest of you move. At worst you lose 1 fighter so it's not like I'm going to do all that much anyway.

#3398 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:54 PM

Tatts, didn't you research war suns? You haven't updated your tech listing on your last post.

#3399 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:55 PM

View Posttwelve, on 02 June 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

Tatts, didn't you research war suns? You haven't updated your tech listing on your last post.

Playing from phone, its a bitch to edit, will give it a go.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3400 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:58 PM

Dammit. I'm still in last place all by myself.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

10 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users