• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#3161 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:07 AM

Sorry no. But if you want me to use it for you the offer is on the table.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3162 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:20 AM

Really though? I think it's pretty obvious where I'm gonna use it if you give it to me, and it's not gonna be against you. Anywhere in your land where that's useful, you'll outgun me a fucking shitload even after you PDS me to shit. I understand your hesitation considering my previous claims, but if you want our alliance to continue, I think that the deal is good.

Furthermore, I think I know what you may WANT to do next round, but I think that if you took the action card I'm offering in exchange for the one you showed me, you could do something that would help you more in the long run.

You pushed me a lot a few rounds back, and if it weren't for our big argument about who would take the Construction card that turn (and I think that in that case, you came out very much on top of the deal), I think that Nico probably wouldn't have played that action card that completely fucked that turn over. I think that this deal makes it so that you get something that will help you out a LOT in exchange for something that will allow me to cause shit in a way that will benefit you while also benefiting me.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3163 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:35 AM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 02:21 AM, said:

Alright, agenda phase is on. I will be placing all my votes on FOR the Wormhole Initiative. I'd like to know who else is putting their votes there to see if we have enough to ensure we win that.

My preference re: the Economic Initiative agenda is for AGAINST to win, but I don't particularly care either way. I could certainly do more with the FOR than with the AGAINST, but I think that it would still be good if AGAINST won.

Me with 10 votes FOR for the wormhole.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3164 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:39 AM

Gnaw, any chance I can get that token PN off you?

I'll give you my Trade Agreement. And a vote wherever you want it.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3165 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:48 AM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 04:39 AM, said:

Gnaw, any chance I can get that token PN off you?

I'll give you my Trade Agreement. And a vote wherever you want it.

Hmmm. That sounds fair assuming you will assure me that you will refresh.

Edit: Er, define "a" vote...

Edit 2: actually I perceive a need to be able to use foresight this round so sadly I must say no.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 31 May 2018 - 04:55 AM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#3166 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:57 AM

View PostGnaw, on 31 May 2018 - 04:35 AM, said:

Alright, agenda phase is on. I will be placing all my votes on FOR the Wormhole Initiative. I'd like to know who else is putting their votes there to see if we have enough to ensure we win that.

My preference re: the Economic Initiative agenda is for AGAINST to win, but I don't particularly care either way. I could certainly do more with the FOR than with the AGAINST, but I think that it would still be good if AGAINST won.

11 votes FOR.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#3167 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:08 AM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 04:20 AM, said:

Really though? I think it's pretty obvious where I'm gonna use it if you give it to me, and it's not gonna be against you. Anywhere in your land where that's useful, you'll outgun me a fucking shitload even after you PDS me to shit. I understand your hesitation considering my previous claims, but if you want our alliance to continue, I think that the deal is good.

Furthermore, I think I know what you may WANT to do next round, but I think that if you took the action card I'm offering in exchange for the one you showed me, you could do something that would help you more in the long run.

You pushed me a lot a few rounds back, and if it weren't for our big argument about who would take the Construction card that turn (and I think that in that case, you came out very much on top of the deal), I think that Nico probably wouldn't have played that action card that completely fucked that turn over. I think that this deal makes it so that you get something that will help you out a LOT in exchange for something that will allow me to cause shit in a way that will benefit you while also benefiting me.

I know it's obvious where you will use it, that is why I showed it to you and am willing to use it on your behalf. But if you insist on a trade then I will reconsider it. I just for the life of me can't figure out what you think I would need the offered card for. It has zero impact on what I want to accomplish this round. Nor can I figure out what I could use it for that would help me long term, but if this will help secure our alliance then I will offer it as a trade.I was also kinda wanting to use the showed card on your behalf as a bit of a stalling tactic to see who may be coming my way so I can react accordingly. Would you be willing to also swap ceasefire pns along with this trade?

#3168 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:10 AM

View PostTapper, on 31 May 2018 - 04:57 AM, said:

11 votes FOR.

Don't you have 12 votes? Or are you holding back the one for the blue tech prerequisite?

#3169 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:41 AM

View Posttwelve, on 31 May 2018 - 05:10 AM, said:

11 votes FOR.

Don't you have 12 votes? Or are you holding back the one for the blue tech prerequisite?

He saying Gnaw has 11
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3170 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:52 AM

View Posttwelve, on 31 May 2018 - 05:08 AM, said:

I know it's obvious where you will use it, that is why I showed it to you and am willing to use it on your behalf. But if you insist on a trade then I will reconsider it. I just for the life of me can't figure out what you think I would need the offered card for. It has zero impact on what I want to accomplish this round. Nor can I figure out what I could use it for that would help me long term, but if this will help secure our alliance then I will offer it as a trade.I was also kinda wanting to use the showed card on your behalf as a bit of a stalling tactic to see who may be coming my way so I can react accordingly. Would you be willing to also swap ceasefire pns along with this trade?

I dont really wanna give away my ceasefire

I will refresh as soon as it is available to me.

#3171 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:54 AM

My "a" vote means one vote towards whatever you want this round or any rounds going forward.

#3172 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:56 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 31 May 2018 - 05:41 AM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 31 May 2018 - 05:10 AM, said:

11 votes FOR.

He saying Gnaw has 11

Holding one back for the yellow.

#3173 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:06 AM

Do you imagine making deals with twelve is going to bring you any closer to victory, Blend?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3174 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:10 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 31 May 2018 - 06:06 AM, said:

Do you imagine making deals with twelve is going to bring you any closer to victory, Blend?

I think it might. I could be wrong. We will see.

I am not opposed to hearing alternatives, but so far the only one interested in dealing with me is Twelve. I realize you all are trying to hurt Twelve through me, but the more you do that, the more it pushes me back towards Twelve.

#3175 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:13 AM

So all your talk earlier about attacking Twelve was just posturing for the sake of it?

No one has even mentioned attacking you, it is you who has been aggressive towards IH, threatening Twelve and Gnaw.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3176 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:15 AM

View Posttwelve, on 31 May 2018 - 05:08 AM, said:

Honestly, I dont have any other Action Cards I think would be useful in any meaningful way to you.

Only other thing I can offer in good conscience is the 2 TGs when I use Production Biomes.

Seriously, do you want me picking away at your belly?

#3177 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:18 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 31 May 2018 - 06:13 AM, said:

So all your talk earlier about attacking Twelve was just posturing for the sake of it?

No one has even mentioned attacking you, it is you who has been aggressive towards IH, threatening Twelve and Gnaw.

I would say my aggression towards Twelve served its purpose, and so far Twelve's offer, being the only one really on the table, is the best one.

If anyone would like to tempt me with anything aside from trying to shame me about having a strong alliance, then we can talk.

So far I havent heard any offers worth listening to.

#3178 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:23 AM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 06:10 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 31 May 2018 - 06:06 AM, said:

I think it might. I could be wrong. We will see.

I am not opposed to hearing alternatives, but so far the only one interested in dealing with me is Twelve. I realize you all are trying to hurt Twelve through me, but the more you do that, the more it pushes me back towards Twelve.

Well of course I am, but that doesn't change the question really. I might be interpreting your choices in a less charitable way than I should, but I worry that to me it seems you're sacrificing a shot at the throne for the short term safety of having a neighboring ally. But I can't see your hand, or into your head (Yet. We're working on these tiny tiny drones, it's quite marvelous actually) so in the end I can't know.

#3179 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:25 AM

Really, what you should be doing, and I'm saying this as an experienced player whom knows better than you how to play this game, is to submit unconditionally and let yourself be absorbed assimilated invited into the hive mind Necro Virus Society.

#3180 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:26 AM

So it is really late... i just realized I quoted Twelve when answering some of Gnaw's questions.

Gnaw, the offer of my Trade Agreement, that is 6 TGs for you, for the token PN still stands, with a promise that I will refresh this round and a one-round non-agression pact if you want.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

21 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users