• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#3141 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:29 AM

View PostBlend, on 30 May 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

Hey Gnaw - you still have that 0 token PN on you? Any chance we could make some kind of deal wherein I get that?

Blend I'm going to show you an action card. Not sure what you want the zero initiative ability for but one obvious option with the talk I'm hearing out of you is Everra. I do have 4 PDS shots I can get off that can bypass fighters but odds are you can sustain damage and survive them. I want to help convince you to go somewhere else this next round. I think this card when used for your benefit can gain you a VP.

Let me know if this can help convince you to leave me be?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3142 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:55 AM

I will show you one in return, how bout we trade these, and our alliance continues as it has been?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3143 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:56 AM

View Posttwelve, on 31 May 2018 - 01:29 AM, said:

Hey Gnaw - you still have that 0 token PN on you? Any chance we could make some kind of deal wherein I get that?

Blend I'm going to show you an action card. Not sure what you want the zero initiative ability for but one obvious option with the talk I'm hearing out of you is Everra. I do have 4 PDS shots I can get off that can bypass fighters but odds are you can sustain damage and survive them. I want to help convince you to go somewhere else this next round. I think this card when used for your benefit can gain you a VP.

If I wasn't allowed to show an action card privately earlier in the game then you shouldn't be either :headbang:
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3144 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:58 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 31 May 2018 - 01:56 AM, said:

If I wasn't allowed to show an action card privately earlier in the game then you shouldn't be either :headbang:

You weren't trying to show it to Blend, the one player who can actually trade them.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3145 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:00 AM

View PostD, on 31 May 2018 - 01:58 AM, said:

You weren't trying to show it to Blend, the one player who can actually trade them.

:) :) :p :p :p :p :p

#3146 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:08 AM

Who say we even have to trade. I can show you the cards I have and say I can play x card for your benefit if you do y.

#3147 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:18 AM

View Posttwelve, on 31 May 2018 - 02:08 AM, said:

Who say we even have to trade. I can show you the cards I have and say I can play x card for your benefit if you do y.

Well, I could really use the card you showed me for something I would like to do, and I think you could really use the card I showed you for something you may want to do. I think it would make more sense to just trade them as I am currently at my action card cap so can't accept any others. And frankly, though I mostly trust you, I'd rather not put all my eggs in your basket.

I'd be willing to trade the one I showed you for the one you showed me, and continue our alliance for this round. That means that I won't attack any of the systems you control, and you won't PDS fire on my ships if they're not in your systems. I think that's pretty fair, and would benefit us both.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3148 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:21 AM

Alright, agenda phase is on. I will be placing all my votes on FOR the Wormhole Initiative. I'd like to know who else is putting their votes there to see if we have enough to ensure we win that.

My preference re: the Economic Initiative agenda is for AGAINST to win, but I don't particularly care either way. I could certainly do more with the FOR than with the AGAINST, but I think that it would still be good if AGAINST won.

#3149 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:24 AM

Uh, hang on, but this is EXACTLY what I had been trying to do and was told no, and has nothing to do with Blend's ability.

So, once again, :)

#3150 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:25 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 31 May 2018 - 02:24 AM, said:

Uh, hang on, but this is EXACTLY what I had been trying to do and was told no, and has nothing to do with Blend's ability.

Twelve is making some funky assumptions.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3151 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:28 AM

So it's clear, Twelve opened a PM that has only myself and D'rek on it, and has only posted the text of the Action card he wants to trade me (and I've done the same back), nothing else. This way D'rek knows that is happening, and because I am the only player who can trade Action Cards, she doesn't have to constantly paste Action Card info to me.

#3152 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:42 AM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 02:28 AM, said:

So it's clear, Twelve opened a PM that has only myself and D'rek on it, and has only posted the text of the Action card he wants to trade me (and I've done the same back), nothing else. This way D'rek knows that is happening, and because I am the only player who can trade Action Cards, she doesn't have to constantly paste Action Card info to me.

And anyone is allowed to do likewise if they want to show Blend an AC they are offering to trade to him.

#3153 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:57 AM

Also, every time we have done it, we have announced on thread that we were showing the other an Action card.

#3154 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:32 AM

View PostD, on 31 May 2018 - 02:25 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 31 May 2018 - 02:24 AM, said:

Twelve is making some funky assumptions.

Well its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission I've heard.

#3155 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:35 AM

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 02:18 AM, said:

Well, I could really use the card you showed me for something I would like to do, and I think you could really use the card I showed you for something you may want to do. I think it would make more sense to just trade them as I am currently at my action card cap so can't accept any others. And frankly, though I mostly trust you, I'd rather not put all my eggs in your basket.

I'd be willing to trade the one I showed you for the one you showed me, and continue our alliance for this round. That means that I won't attack any of the systems you control, and you won't PDS fire on my ships if they're not in your systems. I think that's pretty fair, and would benefit us both.

Well that card can hurt me too so I would like to be the one to pull the trigger on it. Plus if I use it and coordinate with you then you can save an action.

#3156 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:47 AM

These public agendas are worth 2 vp now? Wow!

#3157 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:49 AM

I'm thinking of voting for both agendas but might abstain from the wormhole one

#3158 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:51 AM

View Posttwelve, on 31 May 2018 - 03:47 AM, said:

These public agendas are worth 2 vp now? Wow!

We're in Stage 2 now ooooOOOOOoooOooooooOOOOOOO

#3159 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:53 AM

Do pds and space docks count toward this public agenda?

#3160 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:03 AM

View Posttwelve, on 31 May 2018 - 03:35 AM, said:

View PostBlend, on 31 May 2018 - 02:18 AM, said:

Well that card can hurt me too so I would like to be the one to pull the trigger on it. Plus if I use it and coordinate with you then you can save an action.

So, do you agree to the deal?

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

34 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 34 guests, 0 anonymous users