• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#3041 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:03 PM

View PostTapper, on 30 May 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 May 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 30 May 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

*cough*you-might-wanttoaskifTattsisplanningtoactuallyrefreshcommoditiesforthenexttwoturns*cough*

I'm not a snake like Khell :D

That might cost you 2 CTs then?

It might.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3042 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:11 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 May 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

*cough*you-might-wanttoaskifTattsisplanningtoactuallyrefreshcommoditiesforthenexttwoturns*cough*

It might.

Wow. So essentially you trade away 11 TG (potentially rising to 17), a CT (and potentially a destroyer if your fleet limit drops), a wormhole, your ceasefire and 14 votes to save 13.5 TG (flagship, destroyer, carrier, 3 fighters)?

Seems... expensive. Especially considering the amount of cruel stuff we have seen pop up from the political deck so far.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#3043 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:11 PM

Damn it Tatts, those 3 trade goods are exactly what Khell needs to build a monument since plan A (:D failed.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3044 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:14 PM

View PostTapper, on 30 May 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

It might.

Wow. So essentially you trade away 11 TG (potentially rising to 17), a CT (and potentially a destroyer if your fleet limit drops), a wormhole, your ceasefire and 14 votes to save 13.5 TG (flagship, destroyer, carrier, 3 fighters)?

Seems... expensive. Especially considering the amount of cruel stuff we have seen pop up from the political deck so far.

It's not about the cost, its about the placement. We have minimum 2 rounds, maximum 4 rounds left in this game at its current rate. Losing my flagship where it is sets me back 2 rounds probably.

#3045 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

View Posttwelve, on 30 May 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

Damn it Tatts, those 3 trade goods are exactly what Khell needs to build a monument since plan A (:D failed.

Someone needs to slow Khell down, who on the board has the best tech, ability to move, upgraded ships and can build close to his homeworld? That'd be you. If you want to win then you got to make hard choices, I took a pop at Khell and failed.

#3046 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:17 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 30 May 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

Blend do you have a counteroffer as I think there is a timer on when I can play this? Pretty sure I won't be able to do it once the agenda phase starts

Well, I was willing to offer you my Trade Agreement, the 2TGs from my Production Biomes activations next round, and an offer of one round truce for you to not swap out the wormhole agenda but the Economic Intiative one instead, but I assume that Tatts' offer is more interesting to you, although I don't really see why you'd worry about a Truce with Tatts - he'd have to stick a wormhole pretty close to you in order to get to you without first going through me, and he'd have to do it during Status Phase, so you'd have plenty of time to prepare for an attack from him.

That being said, I was seriously thinking of turning my attention towards Twelve next round given he's getting pretty powerful, but if you're going to make deals that don't benefit me, I see no reason why I shouldn't just continue trying to take your planets. You may have a million action cards, but I think I've got enough, economically, to bury your action cards.

That means that I continue to allow Twelve to get more and more powerful, and indeed, will even help him to do so.

Leave the wormhole agenda there, and put your votes FOR it, and I turn my ships around and start harassing Twelve. Swap it out and/or vote AGAINST, and they'll remain pointed in your direction.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3047 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:17 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 May 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

It might.

It's not about the cost, its about the placement. We have minimum 2 rounds, maximum 4 rounds left in this game at its current rate. Losing my flagship where it is sets me back 2 rounds probably.

Fair enough - just... not losing it but having nothing left to rebuild other losses with doesn't sound like an attractive position to be in, either.

#3048 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:19 PM

Carrot and the stick hey!

#3049 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:22 PM

View PostTapper, on 30 May 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

It might.

Fair enough - just... not losing it but having nothing left to rebuild other losses with doesn't sound like an attractive position to be in, either.

Maybe I'm offering a bit much, but you can see the reach. I could literally get to Mec Rex and 3 homeworld's from Quann.

Why do you keep mentioning my Fleet pool dropping?

#3050 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:29 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 May 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

It might.

Maybe I'm offering a bit much, but you can see the reach. I could literally get to Mec Rex and 3 homeworld's from Quann.

I see the appeal :p
I mention your fleet pool dropping because you have 5 CT in it, and 5 ships in Creuss that count against the limit (3x dread, 2x destroyer) per the last map.

#3051 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:30 PM

View PostTapper, on 30 May 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 May 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

It might.

I see the appeal :p
I mention your fleet pool dropping because you have 5 CT in it, and 5 ships in Creuss that count against the limit (3x dread, 2x destroyer) per the last map.

Yep, may need to increase that actually looking at all the ships around.

#3052 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:11 PM

Status Phase start post is up, go ahead and make your status posts.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3053 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:17 PM

View PostBlend, on 30 May 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

Blend do you have a counteroffer as I think there is a timer on when I can play this? Pretty sure I won't be able to do it once the agenda phase starts

Well, I was willing to offer you my Trade Agreement, the 2TGs from my Production Biomes activations next round, and an offer of one round truce for you to not swap out the wormhole agenda but the Economic Intiative one instead, but I assume that Tatts' offer is more interesting to you, although I don't really see why you'd worry about a Truce with Tatts - he'd have to stick a wormhole pretty close to you in order to get to you without first going through me, and he'd have to do it during Status Phase, so you'd have plenty of time to prepare for an attack from him.

That being said, I was seriously thinking of turning my attention towards Twelve next round given he's getting pretty powerful, but if you're going to make deals that don't benefit me, I see no reason why I shouldn't just continue trying to take your planets. You may have a million action cards, but I think I've got enough, economically, to bury your action cards.

That means that I continue to allow Twelve to get more and more powerful, and indeed, will even help him to do so.

Leave the wormhole agenda there, and put your votes FOR it, and I turn my ships around and start harassing Twelve. Swap it out and/or vote AGAINST, and they'll remain pointed in your direction.

Geez and people wonder why I haven't done anything about Khell. Who do you think people will turn to next once he is taken care of. Me. All I'm talking about in terms of Khell is not handing him points
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3054 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:20 PM

Tapper time to decide.

#3055 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:20 PM

View Posttwelve, on 30 May 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

Geez and people wonder why I haven't done anything about Khell. Who do you think people will turn to next once he is taken care of. Me. All I'm talking about in terms of Khell is not handing him points

I very much agree that we should stop Khell from taking Imperial. Unfortunately, neither you nor I can do that.

Honestly, though, you're in the best position to win this game after we stop Khell, so I'm going to have to turn on you eventually if I want to have any chance of winning. IH now gets to decide if that's going to be this round, or later on! :D
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3056 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:30 PM

View Posttwelve, on 30 May 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

Yeah, those trade goods were the backup in case plans A-through-H to take another planet failed - which they all did. You guys really made me work for it this round!
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3057 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:34 PM

I agree with everyone that Twelve is the true threat and enemy. Let's put our heads together and work out how to take him down.

Twelve, you were always my favourite. I'm rooting for you to win. Let's put our heads together and see how we can take these bozos out. Hey, how about I just hold down the fort here in the south-centre, and you don't have to worry about that at all!

#3058 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:37 PM

Guys, I swear, this time I definitely 100% won't take Imperial.

#3059 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:47 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 May 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

Tapper time to decide.

The empty space hex next to Moll Primus, please.
If that is not allowed, then Lazar-Sakulag.

#3060 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

This too is a mighty fine offer. I really don't want to end up in a protracted war with you (especially since I have your support for the throne). My one doubt is if it stops twelve taking on khell... But since he's shown no sign of doing that...

How about extending that ceasefire for more than one round to at least two and we'll have a deal. I'd even be up for a ceasefire PN swap for a game long ceasefire.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users