• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#1921 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:28 PM

I think it would have applied to all the trades tapper did this turn but guess it's Nico's fault for not specifying.

#1922 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:31 PM

View PostD, on 11 May 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 11 May 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

Also question, does Nico having ships on the wormhole mean he borders tapper in malice or not? Nico hasn't been pillaging him by the looks of it and wondering if that's deliberate.

Ooh, right I did forget about that. I dont think its been a factor until the Production Biomes part just now, so I'll add it to Blend's post.

Ouch. There goes my VP through Establish Trade Routes. Oh well.

Mental note to self 1: Mentak are awesome.
Mental note to self 2: re-read the glossary.
Mental note to self 3: use your money.

This post has been edited by Tapper: 11 May 2018 - 04:31 PM

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1923 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:34 PM

View PostBlend, on 11 May 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

So Tatts - you can try to see if you can convince Nico to leave my TGs alone for the swap. I'll do it if it doesn't cost me anything to do it.

Hey Blend ! Was gone,sleeping, totally didn’t mean to be pillaging !

So got a action card and we can do some swapage too?

Playing catch up.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1924 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:36 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 11 May 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

I think it would have applied to all the trades tapper did this turn but guess it's Nico's fault for not specifying.

I had this specified after tapper didn’t make me speaker.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1925 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:40 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 11 May 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 11 May 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

I had this specified after tapper didn’t make me speaker.

Yeah, looking over the list there's one other instance where I should have added a pillage.

It's too far back to rewind all that now, so I won't try to take it away from Tapper, but I will give Nico 1 TG of mod oversight (which puts you at 11 TG now).

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1926 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:42 PM

It been tough with pillage and all got to keep the warband off my borders, so I wouldn’t look at as “stealing” so much as your donating to the Mentak defense fund against the merciless 12.

(Accepting all forms of payments)

#1927 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:46 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 06 May 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 06 May 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

Twelve - I would like to line up a deal. D'rek will show you my offer - I am sure it will allow you to spring a surprise here or there.

Our Benevolent Brood Queen Kkim Sardakkian has a solid interest in a Research Agreement (once you retrieve your racial PN).
I can appreciate how you wouldn't want to give me nasty combat stuff like the X-89 Bacterial Weapon or battle ship upgrades, so as a sweetener, I will promise that I'd only use the PN on Duranium Armor (2 red), Assault Cannon (3 red), Fleet Logistics (2 blue), Light/Wave Deflector (3 blue), Transit Diodes (2 yellow) or the upgrades Carrier II (2 blue) or Space Docks II (2 yellow - although I do think that one goes to Nico, now?).

Hey Tapps make me speaker and I will use this PN this round, otherwise I may just keep holding onto it. I don’t really need space docks 2 I decided.

Really need something else like a war sun would be useful too.

Uhm, this post? Sounds more like an opening offer. You never mentioned anything like using your trait, but whatever.

#1928 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:53 PM

@ tapper you could have said don’t pillage me , oh but powerful Mentak and I will gladly give you speaker.. rather than offend thee...

(See that’s how this game sounds in my head). But we are neighbors, wanna trade PNs? Got some good stuff over here. I’ll turn pillage off too ( I didn’t actually notice we are neighbors, but rolling with it)

#1929 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:08 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 11 May 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

Seems like a lots been going on!

Back in civilisation, what have I missed?

My votes up for sale for 2tg/political secrets PN/promise of votes in future agendas.

If you throw a few votes on Thibah for Cybernetic, I'll choose you to receive the 2 TGs from Production Biomes next round.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1930 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

View PostBlend, on 11 May 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

My votes up for sale for 2tg/political secrets PN/promise of votes in future agendas.

If you throw a few votes on Thibah for Cybernetic, I'll choose you to receive the 2 TGs from Production Biomes next round.

Zombat would be the most ideal for everyone trying to get rid of PDS-2 fire going for Rex actually. I think the PDS is destroyed as other Ground troops would be there.. ? Anything else happen?

Like the whole other side of the board may like that part.

Incidentally that would leave his forces quite stretched when he attacks me so you Blend and IH could claim front line planets as it would take 12 a bit to get there.

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 11 May 2018 - 05:20 PM

#1931 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:22 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 11 May 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

Zombat would be the most ideal for everyone trying to get rid of PDS-2 fire going for Rex actually. I think he PDS is destroyed as other Ground troops would be there.. ? Anything else happen?

Like the whole other side of the board may like that part.

Incidentally that would leave his forces quite stretched when he attacks me so you Blend and IH could claim front line planets as it would take 12 a bit to get there.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say...?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1932 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:26 PM

Elect zombat for colonial redistribution, and you can count on me!
/wink wink / nudge

#1933 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:36 PM

Soooo wanna trade action cards I’ll start..!

Shows BLEND action cards, maybe you like ?

#1934 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:36 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 11 May 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

Elect zombat for colonial redistribution, and you can count on me!
/wink wink / nudge

All my 6 votes are going on to electing Thibah for Cybernetic. I don't really care re: the colonial redistribution.

#1935 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:37 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 11 May 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

Soooo wanna trade action cards I’ll start..!

Shows BLEND action cards, maybe you like ?

We shall see what it is, but I don't have any action cards that I'm willing to give up at the moment, so if I like it, about all I can trade you is some TGs maybe, and I don't really want to give you any more TGs given you've been pillaging mine away.

#1936 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:39 PM

Deal, you likely to be doing this early in the round?

How many votes do you want, 4?

#1937 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:42 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 11 May 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

I mean, it's always dependent on when some other strategy cards get played, and what others might do to fuck up my plans, but most likely I'll be using it first or second turn.

So far I'll have my 6 votes and 5 from Tapper. With your 4, that would be 15 votes on Thibah, which would make it difficult for others to shift the vote elsewhere, so yes, 4 votes should be enough! :killingme:

#1938 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:45 PM

As a benevolent leader I will also help you out Blend. May my vote turn the tide.

#1939 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

View PostBlend, on 11 May 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 11 May 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

I mean, it's always dependent on when some other strategy cards get played, and what others might do to fuck up my plans, but most likely I'll be using it first or second turn.

So far I'll have my 6 votes and 5 from Tapper. With your 4, that would be 15 votes on Thibah, which would make it difficult for others to shift the vote elsewhere, so yes, 4 votes should be enough! :killingme:

Great!

#1940 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:48 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 11 May 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

@ tapper you could have said don’t pillage me , oh but powerful Mentak and I will gladly give you speaker.. rather than offend thee...

(See that’s how this game sounds in my head). But we are neighbors, wanna trade PNs? Got some good stuff over here. I’ll turn pillage off too ( I didn’t actually notice we are neighbors, but rolling with it)

Well, but that would be a rather large and permanent concession for a small and immediately revocable gesture in return from your side, wouldn't it?

With regard to trading PNs: I am always looking to establish a mutually beneficial situation when I can, so make me an offer :-)

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

18 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users