Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#1761 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:16 PM

View Posttwelve, on 09 May 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 09 May 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Twelve - I am told you did not use my Trade Agreement PN?

I did use it. It was in my first post but somehow removed during its many editings. I didn't give myself the trade goods on my turn because you hadn't refreshed your commodities yet.

You may want to confirm that with D'rek, then.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1762 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

Nico - I am told by D'rek that you pillaged me (i.e. your provisionals were set to pillage me) when I took Twelve's commodities via his Trade Agreement PN, so you have 1 of my TGs that you had agreed not to take. This breaks our agreement, so either you return that TG to me, or I will choose someone else to receive the 2 TGs from my Production Biomes activation.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1763 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:26 PM

I did use it. It was in my first post but somehow removed during its many editings. I didn't give myself the trade goods on my turn because you hadn't refreshed your commodities yet.

If Blend hasn't refreshed his commodities then you can't use the PN. As the card itself says: " Play when the Hacan player replenishes commodities "

You're better off sending me a provisional to use it automatically when Blend refreshes his commodities then trying to non-sensically time-dilationy add it to your post.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1764 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:29 PM

D'rek I used Blends trade agreement pn. I will add 5 trade goods on my next turn as I assume Nico is stealing one. You are always stating we can't take what isn't there yet and I refreshed my goods before Blend so therefore couldn't execute the pn. That is what I should have done right?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1765 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:29 PM

View PostD, on 09 May 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

If Blend hasn't refreshed his commodities then you can't use the PN. As the card itself says: " Play when the Hacan player replenishes commodities "

You're better off sending me a provisional to use it automatically when Blend refreshes his commodities then trying to non-sensically time-dilationy add it to your post.

Simple solution - Twelve, when it comes back round to you, just trade me my Trade Agreement PN for my 6 commodities - then it'll be just like you used it. Deal?

#1766 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:32 PM

Well I am waiting to give myself the goods until he refreshed and it was my turn again but will make sure to let you know that I will be using such actions in the future.

#1767 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:33 PM

View PostBlend, on 09 May 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

Simple solution - Twelve, when it comes back round to you, just trade me my Trade Agreement PN for my 6 commodities - then it'll be just like you used it. Deal?

On my next turn was going to do just that.

#1768 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:34 PM

View Posttwelve, on 09 May 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

D'rek I used Blends trade agreement pn. I will add 5 trade goods on my next turn as I assume Nico is stealing one.

Going by his provisional orders, nope, he isn't.

View Posttwelve, on 09 May 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

You are always stating we can't take what isn't there yet and I refreshed my goods before Blend so therefore couldn't execute the pn. That is what I should have done right?

Since Trade Agreement is a one-way steal it doesn't matter if you have commodities or not yet, but you play it on the other player's turn. It's weird in this forum format. Anyways, both posts are good now.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1769 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

View Posttwelve, on 09 May 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 09 May 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

On my next turn was going to do just that.

Very well, I agree to this deal as I was very much expecting you to take them this round anyway! :D

#1770 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:37 PM

Gah! Nevermind! D'rek let you use the PN after all! LoL

#1771 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:41 PM

View PostD, on 09 May 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 09 May 2018 - 06:39 AM, said:

View PostD, on 09 May 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

View PostBlend, on 08 May 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

Khell - how did your strategic command tokens go from 4S to 5S since your last turn? Did I miss something?

Agreed, it should be 1/2/4

I started 5the round with 1/2/4. I gained three command tokens with leadership secondary - 2/2/6. Blend took one by using the PN I gave him - 2/2/5. I took a tactical action - 1/2/5

You forgot using TECHNOLOGY secondary, which brings it down to 1/2/4.

No, YOU forgot...oh no, wait, it was me, my bad. In my head, Tech was just pay 4 resources. Well, I'll take being 50% correct :D
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1772 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:56 PM

@IH:

View PostImperial Historian, on 09 May 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

Place a tactical token in Silvano, move a carrier to silvano. Build 3 fighters and 1 infantry on silvano. exhaust torkan.

Assuming torkan here should be Tequ'ran.

Unfortunately, the rules don't let you split resources between infantry and fighters, so you'd have to either do 4 fighters or 2 fighters and 2 infantry. (I know, it's lame, but them's the rules.)

#1773 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

@Morgoth: I've got you at 1c/0tg, rather than 0c/1tg. You traded 1 commodity to Tapper and 1 to ItGnaw ?

#1774 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:17 PM

New map is going up now. And FYI this is what I've got as everyone's ac/tg/c count at the moment: https://i.imgur.com/KnSyon0.png

#1775 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:41 PM

View PostD, on 09 May 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

New map is going up now. And FYI this is what I've got as everyone's ac/tg/c count at the moment: https://i.imgur.com/KnSyon0.png

Let's see...multiply the integers, carry the 2, allow for standard deviation...yep, I can confirm that the Sol are totally bankrupt :D

#1776 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:11 PM

Nico - given your most recent action does not mention giving me back the TG you stole from me, I can only assume that our deal re: pillaging and Production Biomes is off. I will not be providing you with the 2TGs from that action.

Everyone else - I will have to give someone 2 TGs when I activate Production Biomes. Who wants them, and what are you willing to give me for them?

#1777 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:12 PM

View PostBlend, on 09 May 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

Nico - given your most recent action does not mention giving me back the TG you stole from me, I can only assume that our deal re: pillaging and Production Biomes is off. I will not be providing you with the 2TGs from that action.

Everyone else - I will have to give someone 2 TGs when I activate Production Biomes. Who wants them, and what are you willing to give me for them?

I should note that I would be interested in having one of my planets become the elected planet for the Cybernetic agenda. I'll give you the 2 TGs in exchange for your support on that agenda.

#1778 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:17 PM

View PostBlend, on 09 May 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

I should note that I would be interested in having one of my planets become the elected planet for the Cybernetic agenda. I'll give you the 2 TGs in exchange for your support on that agenda.

You have my support.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1779 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 09 May 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

You have my support.

LOL - well, honestly, given your duplicitous nature so far, I don't really trust you to keep up your end of the deal.

Anyone else?

#1780 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:29 PM

View PostBlend, on 09 May 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 09 May 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

You have my support.

LOL - well, honestly, given your duplicitous nature so far, I don't really trust you to keep up your end of the deal.

Anyone else?

Plus he only has like 4 votes :D

I'll give you my votes in exchange for your votes helping me bring about a favourable vote on the other agenda, and the 2TGs I guess, which I'm happy to just give back to you.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

52 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 52 guests, 0 anonymous users