• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#1721 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:41 AM

Waiting on Her Holiness to answer a question before posting my move.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1722 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:53 AM

View PostBlend, on 08 May 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

Khell - how did your strategic command tokens go from 4S to 5S since your last turn? Did I miss something?

Agreed, it should be 1/2/4

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1723 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:03 AM

@Khell:

View PostKhellendros, on 08 May 2018 - 10:59 PM, said:

Tactical Action

ACTIVATE Quann.
MOVE Carrier from Mecatol Rex and Cruiser from Jord to Quann.
SPACE COMBAT N/A.
INVADE N/A.
PRODUCE UNITS N/A.

Both those 2 carriers are 2 systems away from Quann, and your carriers only have a Move of 1. How are you proposing they both reach Quann?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1724 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:31 AM

I also went and updated my last action post. If anyone wants to take a look at it to make sure I didn't make any mistakes on it either feel free to critique.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1725 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 09 May 2018 - 05:22 AM

View PostD, on 09 May 2018 - 01:03 AM, said:

@Khell:

Tactical Action

ACTIVATE Quann.
SPACE COMBAT N/A.
INVADE N/A.
PRODUCE UNITS N/A.

Both those 2 carriers are 2 systems away from Quann, and your carriers only have a Move of 1. How are you proposing they both reach Quann?

Didn't Khell research his super carriers last turn?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1726 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 09 May 2018 - 05:50 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 09 May 2018 - 05:22 AM, said:

@Khell:

Tactical Action

ACTIVATE Quann.
SPACE COMBAT N/A.
INVADE N/A.
PRODUCE UNITS N/A.

Didn't Khell research his super carriers last turn?

D'rek put that in for him, I think. Research is now set to Special Ops II.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1727 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:32 AM

Blend. Looks like Nico stole from you when you used my pn to take my goods. Since he didn't hold up his end of the deal who are you giving those 2 trade goods to instead? He can't steal from Tatts and he might not steal from IH. I don't think he borders ItwasGnaw. Or someone else. Just noticed D'rek edited my post saying that he swiped a good but it wasn't clear if your action post reflected that.

#1728 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:36 AM

Twelve/blend/Nico anyone willing to give me two trade goods this turn? Can offer my trade PN or my support in the coming vote.

Also the tapper/tatts/gnaw/morgoth contingent, great with the scheme to keep first and take politics, but if one of you doesn't take imperial to keep it from the holder of mecatol rex each turn (likely khell or twelve), then we may as well stop playing anyway as they will have won.

The game is a race for VP, and scoring 1 or 2 a turn is most probable, the fact that khell is already 2 ahead means he's very likely to win without a concerted effort to stop him, if he gets the imperial card even one more time it's going to be very difficult for anyone to catch him. Especially considering all the additional secret objectives he has and his strong board position.

I'm going to be stealing action cards from khell (and can confirm he does not have any which would give him a combat boost since I nicked shields holding from him) while he holds mecatol, and twelve if he takes it but you guys have to contribute or we are all fucked. I don't want this game to be a race for 2nd place.

Equally if twelve gains mecatol, he is one of the races best suited to getting the various tech VP objectives which again puts him in a strong position to win,letting him get a free imperial VP is most likely going to result in a win for him.

So please for the sake of the galaxy consider this is your wheeling and dealing.

PS anyone wants my help in a scheme to kick khell off mecatol let me know.

#1729 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:37 AM

@Khell:

Tactical Action

ACTIVATE Quann.
SPACE COMBAT N/A.
INVADE N/A.
PRODUCE UNITS N/A.

I moved 1 Carrier and 1 cruiser, not 2 carriers.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1730 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:39 AM

View PostD, on 09 May 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

View PostBlend, on 08 May 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

Khell - how did your strategic command tokens go from 4S to 5S since your last turn? Did I miss something?

Agreed, it should be 1/2/4

I started 5the round with 1/2/4. I gained three command tokens with leadership secondary - 2/2/6. Blend took one by using the PN I gave him - 2/2/5. I took a tactical action - 1/2/5

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 09 May 2018 - 06:39 AM

#1731 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:41 AM

Ah, I didn't notice the edit. Huh, and here I was worried about the reach of those carriers.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1732 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:42 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 09 May 2018 - 06:36 AM, said:

Twelve/blend/Nico anyone willing to give me two trade goods this turn? Can offer my trade PN or my support in the coming vote.

Also the tapper/tatts/gnaw/morgoth contingent, great with the scheme to keep first and take politics, but if one of you doesn't take imperial to keep it from the holder of mecatol rex each turn (likely khell or twelve), then we may as well stop playing anyway as they will have won.

The game is a race for VP, and scoring 1 or 2 a turn is most probable, the fact that khell is already 2 ahead means he's very likely to win without a concerted effort to stop him, if he gets the imperial card even one more time it's going to be very difficult for anyone to catch him. Especially considering all the additional secret objectives he has and his strong board position.

I'm going to be stealing action cards from khell (and can confirm he does not have any which would give him a combat boost since I nicked shields holding from him) while he holds mecatol, and twelve if he takes it but you guys have to contribute or we are all fucked. I don't want this game to be a race for 2nd place.

Equally if twelve gains mecatol, he is one of the races best suited to getting the various tech VP objectives which again puts him in a strong position to win,letting him get a free imperial VP is most likely going to result in a win for him.

So please for the sake of the galaxy consider this is your wheeling and dealing.

For all you know, Sol could be the best thing that's ever happened to this galaxy. Why not give us a chance, Martian dwarf?

#1733 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:49 AM

View Posttwelve, on 09 May 2018 - 06:32 AM, said:

Blend. Looks like Nico stole from you when you used my pn to take my goods. Since he didn't hold up his end of the deal who are you giving those 2 trade goods to instead? He can't steal from Tatts and he might not steal from IH. I don't think he borders ItwasGnaw. Or someone else. Just noticed D'rek edited my post saying that he swiped a good but it wasn't clear if your action post reflected that.

I’m not pilliaging Blend actually... so you might have modified your post to try to suggest I am. Interesting tactic
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1734 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:58 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 09 May 2018 - 06:41 AM, said:

Ah, I didn't notice the edit. Huh, and here I was worried about the reach of those carriers.

Advanced carriers look good on paper, but in practice I think they're not actually all that much more useful than the original version, especially with gravity drive.

#1735 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:06 AM

Also since I may not be around for the coming politicing, currently voting for colonial redistribution on khell in quann.

No real thoughts on the other agenda.

#1736 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:10 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 09 May 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

I’m not pilliaging Blend actually... so you might have modified your post to try to suggest I am. Interesting tactic

I expect you to take one when I gain some but why did she say specifically that you are taking it from Blend. Look at the post it says last modified by D'rek. I can't change that.

#1737 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:10 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 09 May 2018 - 06:42 AM, said:

For all you know, Sol could be the best thing that's ever happened to this galaxy. Why not give us a chance, Martian dwarf?

To be fair if you win it would be a worthy victory you've played the board very smartly. Just would like a chance to win myself.

PS if you take imperial again I'm researching bioweapons and telling morgoth which way I voted.

#1738 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:14 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 09 May 2018 - 07:06 AM, said:

Also since I may not be around for the coming politicing, currently voting for colonial redistribution on khell in quann.

No real thoughts on the other agenda.

@Twelve or Tapper:

I will give you all my votes for cybernetic if you do not vote on one of my planets for redistribution :D

#1739 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:15 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 09 May 2018 - 07:10 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 09 May 2018 - 06:42 AM, said:

To be fair if you win it would be a worthy victory you've played the board very smartly. Just would like a chance to win myself.

PS if you take imperial again I'm researching bioweapons and telling morgoth which way I voted.

Well that seems extreme. A short-term solution which would only replace me with an even more powerful Morgoth controlling Mecatol. Not sure how you think such an action will help you to win, which you seem to be equating with me losing!

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 09 May 2018 - 07:16 AM

#1740 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:17 AM

View Posttwelve, on 09 May 2018 - 07:10 AM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 09 May 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

I expect you to take one when I gain some but why did she say specifically that you are taking it from Blend. Look at the post it says last modified by D'rek. I can't change that.

Maybe order of resolution if I’m pillaging you you get your commodities and really stealing from you essentially? And I pillage one as the flip occurs ... not sure that makes sense.

I mean if the above is true, why didn’t i then pillage from blend on blends turn when he traded with me? I didn’t see you short-hand to long message so maybe you left it there and drek missed it. This makes more sense
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

22 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users