• This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#1681 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:15 PM

View PostGnaw, on 08 May 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 08 May 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

I just don't like the idea of being cut off from it using it as a haven for as much as I can salvage in the off chance Twelve doesn't come kick my scrawny ass off this rock this turn. Still, I could be willing to let Tor whatsit go uncontested if there are some assurances you could throw me. (I seriously doubt he'll wait that long so maybe I can get something out of this impending disaster.)

Fixed that for you Khell.

My working theory is that you can't be beaten in space combat if you have no fleet to be beaten.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1682 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:19 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 08 May 2018 - 04:02 PM, said:

Gain 2 TGs from blend

Trade commodities with tattersall 2:2

Blend - confirm?

Tatts doesn't have any commodities so that one is impossible.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1683 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:20 PM

View PostD, on 08 May 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

Gain 2 TGs from blend

Blend - confirm?

NERP.

Another misunderstanding on Nico's part.

I have tried to explain in detail what his mistake was in my previous post. Am about to post the original string of negotiations as well so that he can see that I was negotiating exactly what I said I negotiated.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1684 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:21 PM

@D'rek:

Or anyone else who knows: Is it possible to strike deals to fly through others' territory without engaging in combat even if you encounter their ships, or is it mandatory to fight if you meet each other?

#1685 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:21 PM

View PostBlend, on 08 May 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 08 May 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

Ok running to work now
@ blend we good now ??
Anyhow I’m out

As I noted while we were initially discussing the agreement, I don't intend to use the Production Biomes ability until later in the round, but yes, my intention is still to give you the 2TGs from that use of Production Biomes.

To make it clear, one of my racial abilities is called Production Biomes. It allows me to use a Strategic Token to exhaust the ability in order to give myself 4 TGs and to give someone else 2 TGs. So, the deal that we made was that when I use the ability, I will assign you as the person who receives the 2TGs in exchange for you not pillaging me until I use it.

So you still should not be receiving 2 TGs from me just yet. My plan is to use the ability after about 3 more turns on my part.

Also, Nico, in case you think that I'm trying to be unfaithful to our agreement, here's the original string of negotiations for you. You'll see that I very clearly stated that I would be giving you the 2TGs from Production Biomes, and that my plan was to use it late in the round, and you agreed to that.

View PostNicodimas, on 04 May 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 04 May 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 04 May 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 04 May 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 04 May 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 04 May 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

Nico - I plan to research Production Biomes this round, and use it as well. 2TGs from that to you if you don't pillage me at least until I've activated it. Would be willing to discuss a long term agreement as well if you're interested.

2 TGs to not pillage ya ?

Parley if true.

Yeah, that's the idea.

So, the deal is that you don't pillage me at least until I've activated Production Biomes, and I will give you the 2 TGs that I have to assign to someone else.

This is acceptable as long as your not never pursuing said action you seem to be seeking, example multiple rounds later and felt you never actually needed them. Never a fan of the long con.

An accord has been stuck if so.

I'm not too sure what exactly you're saying, but my plan is to use the action late in the round.

That works then.

There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1686 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:25 PM

View PostBlend, on 08 May 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

View PostD, on 08 May 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

Gain 2 TGs from blend

Blend - confirm?

NERP.

Another misunderstanding on Nico's part.

I have tried to explain in detail what his mistake was in my previous post. Am about to post the original string of negotiations as well so that he can see that I was negotiating exactly what I said I negotiated.

Thanks. I've crossed it out.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1687 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:27 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 08 May 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

@D'rek:

Or anyone else who knows: Is it possible to strike deals to fly through others' territory without engaging in combat even if you encounter their ships, or is it mandatory to fight if you meet each other?

If the occupying player has only Fighters, you can pass through the system without a fight. The Blue 3 tech allows you to pass through any system, regardless of the fleet.
To my understanding, if there's a fleet in the activated system, you always fight.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1688 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:28 PM

View PostTapper, on 08 May 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 08 May 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

@D'rek:

If the occupying player has only Fighters, you can pass through the system without a fight. The Blue 3 tech allows you to pass through any system, regardless of the fleet.
To my understanding, if there's a fleet in the activated system, you always fight.

^^yup

Unless you have Light/Wave Deflectors, your ships are simply incapable of moving to the activated system in such a situation.

#1689 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:31 PM

@Tatts: as of right now, Nico doesn't have any commodities and only has 1 TG on your turn, so a 2:2 is impossible. The 1:1 with Blend is good.

#1690 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:41 PM

Cool, that's interesting, thanks!

@ Morghy:

I'm willing to let you have Tor thingy without a fight, on the agreement that we do not enter into combat with each other for this round or next round, at the least. How about it?

#1691 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:43 PM

@ D'rek:

I think IH on his turn took an action card off me. Is that chosen at random, or does one of us choose which?

#1692 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:45 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 08 May 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

@ D'rek:

I think IH on his turn took an action card off me. Is that chosen at random, or does one of us choose which?

He looks at your whole hand and chooses 1 to steal. He hasn't been back online to pick yet, but presumably will do so as soon as he comes back online.

#1693 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:47 PM

View PostD, on 08 May 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

@Tatts: as of right now, Nico doesn't have any commodities and only has 1 TG on your turn, so a 2:2 is impossible. The 1:1 with Blend is good.

I think he was meant to use free trade
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1694 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

I'm assuming he rushed his post to get it down.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1695 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:50 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 08 May 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

View PostD, on 08 May 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

I think he was meant to use free trade

Probably, but he didn't. I'm open to ret-conning in in, if the correction is declared and edited in a reasonable time frame, but no time dilating now under the assumption such a retcon will be made. We've already had a player deliberately not refresh this game.

#1696 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:51 PM

At work and know it's my turn but need to know if a deal is worked out with Morgoth for the trade secondary. Will post in a couple of hours.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1697 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:58 PM

View Posttwelve, on 08 May 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

At work and know it's my turn but need to know if a deal is worked out with Morgoth for the trade secondary. Will post in a couple of hours.

Morgoth said on his turn that he agreed to it.

#1698 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

View PostD, on 08 May 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 08 May 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

Morgoth said on his turn that he agreed to it.

I’m confused morgoth just the turn before stated let people refresh commodities ??
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1699 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:03 PM

“Play Trade - Gain three commodities and three trade goods. Offer free refresh of goods to Nico, Tatts, Gnaw and Tapper. Twelve depending on whether he accepts the deal presented or not. ”

This ?
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1700 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:05 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 08 May 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

“Play Trade - Gain three commodities and three trade goods. Offer free refresh of goods to Nico, Tatts, Gnaw and Tapper. Twelve depending on whether he accepts the deal presented or not. ”

This ?

Yes. So if you decide to refresh commodities on your turn it doesn't cost you a CT.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

47 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 47 guests, 0 anonymous users