• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#1381 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:46 PM

Khell - I am having D'rek show you a couple of Action Cards I'd be willing to trade for you to leave Construction there.

Twelve - I am having D'rek show you a PN that I'd be willing to trade you to leave Construction for me.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1382 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:50 PM

Morgoth, on 03 May 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

Well, I wanted any of those previous three. Tapper, where do you plan to place the speaker token? On Gnaw I would hope?

Yes, if he behaves, that is :D
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1383 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:53 PM

Blend, on 03 May 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

Khell - would you take something other than Construction in exchange for an action card? I have one or two that you may be interested in.

Twelve - if Khell agrees to the above, would you let the Construction strategy pass to me?

Well, it was one of the ones I was considering...but sure, I will pass on it. Are you offering PNs, actions cards, or both?

Edit: Sorry, just realised you sent them for me to peruse!

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 03 May 2018 - 06:54 PM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1384 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:53 PM

Blend. I severely doubt twelve is gonna give up those two PDS2 he can gain from construction. After all that totally shuts down your movement more than anyone.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1385 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:54 PM

COLONIAL REDISTRIBUTION (DIRECTIVE) -- Elect a Non-home, Non-Mecatol Rex system
Destroy each unit on the planet. It's controller chooses a player with the fewest victory points to place 1 infantry on the planet.

Does this mean that the player whose infantry gets put onto the planet basically invades the planet for free?

So we could vote for one of the players with lots of infantry on a planet to have to destroy them all, then put someone with low VPs' infantry on there to invade the planet, essentially taking a planet away from one player and giving it to another?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1386 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:55 PM

Nicodimas, on 03 May 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

Blend. I severely doubt twelve is gonna give up those two PDS2 he can gain from construction. After all that totally shuts down your movement more than anyone.

Well, Twelve doesn't need to shut down my movement as I have no interest in attacking him. It benefits him to let me do what I want to do with it as it will keep a good chunk of players away from Lodor, which is the door most non-border players need to get to Twelve.

#1387 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:57 PM

Blend, on 03 May 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

COLONIAL REDISTRIBUTION (DIRECTIVE) -- Elect a Non-home, Non-Mecatol Rex system
Destroy each unit on the planet. It's controller chooses a player with the fewest victory points to place 1 infantry on the planet.

Does this mean that the player whose infantry gets put onto the planet basically invades the planet for free?

So we could vote for one of the players with lots of infantry on a planet to have to destroy them all, then put someone with low VPs' infantry on there to invade the planet, essentially taking a planet away from one player and giving it to another?

Exactly

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1388 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:57 PM

Blend, on 03 May 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

Well, Twelve doesn't need to shut down my movement as I have no interest in attacking him. It benefits him to let me do what I want to do with it as it will keep a good chunk of players away from Lodor, which is the door most non-border players need to get to Twelve.

He could PDS Everra twice .. ? You get that right. Basically locks you down.

Protects him from A travel well.

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 03 May 2018 - 06:58 PM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1389 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:59 PM

@ Blend:

Okay, deal agreed. I accept those ACs for not selecting Construction.

#1390 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:01 PM

Khellendros, on 03 May 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

@ Blend:

Okay, deal agreed. I accept those ACs for not selecting Construction.

I would rather only give you one... That is definitely what I said in my post.

#1391 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:02 PM

Blend, on 03 May 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

Khell - I am having D'rek show you a couple of Action Cards I'd be willing to trade for you to leave Construction there.

Twelve - I am having D'rek show you a PN that I'd be willing to trade you to leave Construction for me.

I was going off of this.

#1392 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:02 PM

Nicodimas, on 03 May 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

What's your point? He owns Evarra. I have no interest in attacking him, so I don't really care if he can PDS it twice.

And what does "Protects him from A travel well." mean?

#1393 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:03 PM

Okay, but if you look at the original offer:

Khell - would you take something other than Construction in exchange for an action card? I have one or two that you may be interested in.

Twelve - if Khell agrees to the above, would you let the Construction strategy pass to me?

It says trade for AN Action Card.

#1394 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:03 PM

Blend, on 03 May 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

What's your point? He owns Evarra. I have no interest in attacking him, so I don't really care if he can PDS it twice.

Alpha wormholes, I presume.

#1395 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:05 PM

Morgoth, on 03 May 2018 - 06:32 PM, said:

Alright, Gnaw and Tattersail. When do you plan to play your strategy cards? Play it on your first turn and I'll give you the refresh for free.

if any of you are up for a trade I have a commodity I'm not using too.

Done
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1396 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:05 PM

Blend, on 03 May 2018 - 07:03 PM, said:

Haha, well, tell you what. As you still haven't got the commodities off me, I won't push it, and will do it for the first action card you showed me. Just next time be more careful with your wording :D

#1397 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:06 PM

Khellendros, on 03 May 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

Haha, well, tell you what. As you still haven't got the commodities off me, I won't push it, and will do it for the first action card you showed me. Just next time be more careful with your wording :D

Agreed then. Thank you sir!

I'll send the trade confirmation to D'rek now, but I think we can only actually do the trade during the Tactical Phase.

#1398 User is offline   Khellendros 

But don't think I didn't notice that I only got offered ACs while Twelve got PNs :D

#1399 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Blend, on 03 May 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

Blend as you travel your ships across your systems he could just destroy them at will as travel.

I’m just saying PDS 2 as he builds them and turtles away really harm you.

And everyone going for Rex as he could drop 2 more next too it.

Lots of options.

#1400 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:07 PM

Blend, on 03 May 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

Khellendros, on 03 May 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

Agreed then. Thank you sir!

I'll send the trade confirmation to D'rek now, but I think we can only actually do the trade during the Tactical Phase.

Yep, that's what I assumed.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

24 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users