• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#1261 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:00 PM

Well I'm in the against camp right now, unless someone offers me something amazing on top of twelves offer, with blend, Tatt's and Nico that's going to make it difficult to pass.

If it helps tapper a for would mean Nico loses 4 infantry and gains 4tg, plus a potential 6 the from looting his 6 neighbours who I think would all gain more than 3tg, and making an invasion much more likely as blend, tatts and I would have a lot less infantry.

#1262 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:07 PM

Re riders in votes where a planet is a target do you have to pick the correct planet, I thought you just had to correctly pick pass or fail?

#1263 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:47 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 02 May 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

Re riders in votes where a planet is a target do you have to pick the correct planet, I thought you just had to correctly pick pass or fail?

An Agenda where the outcome is a planet (or a player) can't "fail" in the first place.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1264 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:24 PM

Vote or don't vote, I don't think either is important enough to worry about. Just stop others getting nice things from it. Pick a lie planet, and vote against 😀
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1265 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:35 PM

Agreed. Just fucking vote.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1266 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:03 AM

I'm waiting to hear how much it's going to cost me to get IH and Tapper votes. And then I'm going to cast mine.

This post has been edited by twelve: 03 May 2018 - 02:04 AM

I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1267 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:09 AM

I was looking for an offer, Twelve, not to name my price.
The bugs wanted to feel appreciated for once instead of being painted as a threat to existence :D

Anyway, my votes are cast.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1268 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:18 AM

View PostTapper, on 03 May 2018 - 04:09 AM, said:

I was looking for an offer, Twelve, not to name my price.
The bugs wanted to feel appreciated for once instead of being painted as a threat to existence :D

Anyway, my votes are cast.

Would my trade agreement PN be enough?

#1269 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:26 AM

Damn I just tallied the votes. If Blend, IH, Nico, and Tatts all voted all their votes against stp and you and I vote for it we come up 2 short of getting it to pass. 26-27 Never mind. I'm not going into debt when I don't even end up with what I need to have happen.

Would you be willing to throw a few vote for compensated disarmament my way for Everra?

IH since I just can't get the votes to pass stp would you be willing to send votes for compensated disarmament on Everra? Right now it sounds like Khell is throwing his votes towards Nico's homeworld. I think both you and I would not be happy to see Nico gain the benefit of the trade goods?

#1270 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:30 AM

I’m waiting for Morgoth to say yes .. or no.

I think he is sleeping.

My votes trigger based off that
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1271 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:38 AM

By the by Tatts, Twelve was never going to choose Zohbat. It's a frontline planet next to Mecatol.
Everra (or Quecen, as a backwater) was always the likeliest choice.

#1272 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:51 AM

View Posttwelve, on 03 May 2018 - 04:26 AM, said:

Damn I just tallied the votes. If Blend, IH, Nico, and Tatts all voted all their votes against stp and you and I vote for it we come up 2 short of getting it to pass. 26-27 Never mind. I'm not going into debt when I don't even end up with what I need to have happen.

Would you be willing to throw a few vote for compensated disarmament my way for Everra?

IH since I just can't get the votes to pass stp would you be willing to send votes for compensated disarmament on Everra? Right now it sounds like Khell is throwing his votes towards Nico's homeworld. I think both you and I would not be happy to see Nico gain the benefit of the trade goods?

Re Everra - I have no stakes at all in the first Agenda, so if I do, then I'd expect an offer for an equivalent amount of votes to be cast on an agenda of my choice in the future. How many would you need?

#1273 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:53 AM

View PostTapper, on 03 May 2018 - 04:51 AM, said:

Re Everra - I have no stakes at all in the first Agenda, so if I do, then I'd expect an offer for an equivalent amount of votes to be cast on an agenda of my choice in the future. How many would you need?

I can agree to that.

5 should be sufficient I think.

#1274 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:59 AM

View Posttwelve, on 03 May 2018 - 04:53 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 03 May 2018 - 04:51 AM, said:

I can agree to that.

5 should be sufficient I think.

OK, I can dedicate 5 votes to Everra.

#1275 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 03 May 2018 - 05:53 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 02 May 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 02 May 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 02 May 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 02 May 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 02 May 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

So based on the riders just played. The price of my votes has just gone up considerably. Tapper, you up for voting this down? The benefits to everyone else seems to massively outweigh a for vote.

You are already being offered 4 trade goods for your vote and I won't be a dick about paying up like a certain Solaran we know.

So then I can expect that PN coming my way? Or are you only selectively honest?

I thought I said hold on to the deal before you accepted so I could figure out what these rider things people are talking about. But regardless the deal doesn't hold as you had to spend votes for it to pass but because you played riders that prevent you from voting there cannot be a deal.

Ohh a parley it seems has been broken.

Morgoth if I can provide support from this loss we may need to find a way to become neighbors, it may be in our mutual interests.

Nico, I can agree to that. You want a pn in return i take it? It can be yours on the promise that you do not trade it away.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 03 May 2018 - 06:44 AM

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1276 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:02 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 03 May 2018 - 05:53 AM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 02 May 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 02 May 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 02 May 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 02 May 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 02 May 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

So based on the riders just played. The price of my votes has just gone up considerably. Tapper, you up for voting this down? The benefits to everyone else seems to massively outweigh a for vote.

You are already being offered 4 trade goods for your vote and I won't be a dick about paying up like a certain Solaran we know.

So then I can expect that PN coming my way? Or are you only selectively honest?

I thought I said hold on to the deal before you accepted so I could figure out what these rider things people are talking about. But regardless the deal doesn't hold as you had to spend votes for it to pass but because you played riders that prevent you from voting there cannot be a deal.

Ohh a parley it seems has been broken.

Morgoth if I can provide support from this loss we may need to find a way to become neighbors, it may be in our mutual interests.

Nico, I can agree to that. You want a pn in return i take it? It can be yours on the promise that you do not trade it away.

Well looking for support or whatever you feel like giving away more than anything.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1277 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:09 AM

Obviously not going to trade it away as a note( that should be obvious) probably should clarify before I crash.

#1278 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:16 AM

Also casts ballot. /yawns

#1279 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:24 AM

Oh for...

Here I am, practically willing to give away my votes for nothing, and yet you somehow get the idea that I've chosen to do something else, and are bartering with people whose votes you need on the second agenda!
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1280 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:32 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 May 2018 - 07:24 AM, said:

Oh for...

Here I am, practically willing to give away my votes for nothing, and yet you somehow get the idea that I've chosen to do something else, and are bartering with people whose votes you need on the second agenda!

Well then, make the choice that makes it easier for you to hold Mecatol, and for me to bring some chaos to these fixed positions.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users