Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#1241 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

View Posttwelve, on 02 May 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 02 May 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

So based on the riders just played. The price of my votes has just gone up considerably. Tapper, you up for voting this down? The benefits to everyone else seems to massively outweigh a for vote.

You are already being offered 4 trade goods for your vote and I won't be a dick about paying up like a certain Solaran we know.

Aww theee hostility.. I love TI
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1242 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

View PostGnaw, on 02 May 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 02 May 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 02 May 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 02 May 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 02 May 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 02 May 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 02 May 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

Hmmmmm.
Twelve. What is it worth to you for me to NOT use

CP | Assassinate Representative | Play at the start of the Agenda Phase | Choose a player. That player cannot vote on this agenda.

On you?

What do you want? I have a pn that stops me from voting so you could save that action card in the future on something you deem more important.

That would work for me.
Deal?

If I'm trading this pn and trading another to IH I'm doing it because I want this to pass. So my proposal to you is this; I trade you my Political secret pn for you to not use your action card and vote for plows hares to pass. If you agree to this then yes we have a deal.

Deal!

You used it so you can't trade.

No, no, no. I didn’t use it on YOU. I used it on someone who was going to vote against.

My mistake. You are correct. My pn for all your votes for stp.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1243 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:09 PM

View PostGnaw, on 02 May 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

View PostD, on 02 May 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 02 May 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

I think a reasonable amount of time should be dedicated to wheeling and dealing. Then, when the Agenda Phase officially starts, the chatty thread should be locked so no advantage accrues to said procrastinating.

Before you all say this is a bad idea I'd like to point out that the time zones favor Twelve and I in procrastination.

But doesn't everyone benefit equally from procrastinating? And doesn't that benefit gradually dwindle to nothing once everything has been discussed by everyone? You're free to hold off on deciding your votes until you've procrastinated sufficiently, as is everyone else.

You’re missing the point. IH said something a little while ago about having a rider. So, by taking his time and seeing the reactions to the riders currently revealed, he benefits from taking his time.
In a live game how long does the typical agenda phase last? I’m betting that there is a house rule that puts a time limit. I’m just asking for a mutually agreeable analog here.

IH has already been online and posting for a while, so his chance to play any "start of the Agenda Phase" effects is passed.

If he had just come online now... yes, there is some advantage to it. Same as in the actual board game there's some advantage to fiddling with your phone for the first 2 minutes of the Agenda Phase pretending not to pay attention and then participating. To some degree, there's simple luck and sportsmanship factoring in.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1244 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 02 May 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

This correct ?

Do I not know how to count. You are the second one that states I have only 12 but I could sweat I have 14

#1245 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

Ah to be Nekro right now :D
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1246 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:13 PM

View Posttwelve, on 02 May 2018 - 08:10 PM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 02 May 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

This correct ?

Do I not know how to count. You are the second one that states I have only 12 but I could sweat I have 14

Your twelve.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1247 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

View PostGnaw, on 02 May 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

So based on the riders just played. The price of my votes has just gone up considerably. Tapper, you up for voting this down? The benefits to everyone else seems to massively outweigh a for vote.

You are already being offered 4 trade goods for your vote and I won't be a dick about paying up like a certain Solaran we know.

So then I can expect that PN coming my way? Or are you only selectively honest?

I thought I said hold on to the deal before you accepted so I could figure out what these rider things people are talking about. But regardless the deal doesn't hold as you had to spend votes for it to pass but because you played riders that prevent you from voting there cannot be a deal.

#1248 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:19 PM

I trend that way, but all those who have additional benefits riding on this, are also neighbours of mine. That complicates things, but also allows negotiations.

One thing is for sure: I can no longer make a decision purely for what seems the most fun. Like you though, I would need to receive a pretty amazing offer to sell my votes against my interests.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1249 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:20 PM

View Posttwelve, on 02 May 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 02 May 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

So then I can expect that PN coming my way? Or are you only selectively honest?

I thought I said hold on to the deal before you accepted so I could figure out what these rider things people are talking about. But regardless the deal doesn't hold as you had to spend votes for it to pass but because you played riders that prevent you from voting there cannot be a deal.

Ohh a parley it seems has been broken.

Morgoth if I can provide support from this loss we may need to find a way to become neighbors, it may be in our mutual interests.

#1250 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:20 PM

View PostTapper, on 02 May 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

I trend that way, but all those who have additional benefits riding on this, are also neighbours of mine. That complicates things, but also allows negotiations.

One thing is for sure: I can no longer make a decision purely for what seems the most fun. Like you though, I would need to receive a pretty amazing offer to sell my votes against my interests.

So you are saying you are not voting for stp anymore?

#1251 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:21 PM

are also neighbours of mine

Note that (per the rules), you can trade with non-neighbours during the agenda phase.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1252 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:22 PM

Except what the hell even are your interests? As you have seemed to swing both ways so far.

#1253 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:24 PM

And I've overextended my lunch break. I see there is going to be a lot more back and forth on this. Tapper I need to crunch the numbers but I'm pretty sure I'm going to need both of you to get this passed. Both you and IH post the cost of your votes and I'll consider them and get back later.

#1254 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:24 PM

HELLO ALL: I have 12 votes to sell on the first agenda. Anybody have any kind of preference?

Edit: Remember that it's a significant number if you're looking to save votes for the second agenda.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 02 May 2018 - 08:26 PM

#1255 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:28 PM

View PostD, on 02 May 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

are also neighbours of mine

Note that (per the rules), you can trade with non-neighbours during the agenda phase.

Well, it's not only the transactional part, it is also a question how galactic etiquette handles pissing off the neighbours.

#1256 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:31 PM

Khell choose my homeworld, I offer nothing, just the resources would be nice and I won’t pillage ya.

On forgot that D’rek... shows Morgoth a PN.

See what I mean??? Yours for 1: 1 of yours back. You can see it’s use.

#1257 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:34 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 02 May 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

Khell choose my homeworld, I offer nothing, just the resources would be nice and I won’t pillage ya.

lol, and have you seen my bank account? When exactly do you expect me to have goods for you to pillage? :D

#1258 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:36 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 02 May 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 02 May 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

lol, and have you seen my bank account? When exactly do you expect me to have goods for you to pillage? :D

We should all be optimstic in expectations.. amiright ?

#1259 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:37 PM

Nico shows Morgoth 1 PN

#1260 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:39 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 02 May 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

Except what the hell even are your interests? As you have seemed to swing both ways so far.

Keep my planets secure, keeping a balance in strength on the board (right now: make it hard for the Hacan/Jol-Nar alliance to continue their dominance of the previous turns, but also keep Nico from waltzing all over that sector), if possible have fun and perhaps earn a PN or a TG or three this phase.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

47 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 47 guests, 0 anonymous users