• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars The Mandalorian

#281 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 April 2023 - 04:19 PM

Yeh, I dimly recall some of that old stuff, but it's all retconned these days.

"As of 2020, Boba Fett bears the notorious Mandalorian armor. In season 2 of The Mandalorian, it's established that the Fetts are considered foundlings, with armor gifted by Mandalorians; therefore, Boba is Mandalorian in the same way that Mando (played by Pedro Pascal) is a Mandalorian. While Boba Fett is taught the ways of the Mandalorians and wears the armor of the bounty hunters on that planet, as a clone, he doesn't really have a homeland nor grows up among Mandalorian culture. This is confirmed in The Book of Boba Fett, which features lots of flashbacks showing how Boba Fett got to be where he was by the events that unfolded in The Mandalorian."

"It's in episode 8 of The Mandalorian season 2 that Boba at last claims he's not Mandalorian. "Boba Fett is a clone, according to Attack of the Clones, and by asking George Lucas, he would say Boba Fett is not Mandalorian, not born on Mandalore," said director Dave Filoni to Entertainment Weekly. "He's more of a person indoctrinated into it, into the way of life, and gets a hold of the armor."

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 10 April 2023 - 04:20 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#282 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 April 2023 - 05:00 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 10 April 2023 - 04:19 PM, said:

Yeh, I dimly recall some of that old stuff, but it's all retconned these days.

"As of 2020, Boba Fett bears the notorious Mandalorian armor. In season 2 of The Mandalorian, it's established that the Fetts are considered foundlings, with armor gifted by Mandalorians; therefore, Boba is Mandalorian in the same way that Mando (played by Pedro Pascal) is a Mandalorian. While Boba Fett is taught the ways of the Mandalorians and wears the armor of the bounty hunters on that planet, as a clone, he doesn't really have a homeland nor grows up among Mandalorian culture. This is confirmed in The Book of Boba Fett, which features lots of flashbacks showing how Boba Fett got to be where he was by the events that unfolded in The Mandalorian."

"It's in episode 8 of The Mandalorian season 2 that Boba at last claims he's not Mandalorian. "Boba Fett is a clone, according to Attack of the Clones, and by asking George Lucas, he would say Boba Fett is not Mandalorian, not born on Mandalore," said director Dave Filoni to Entertainment Weekly. "He's more of a person indoctrinated into it, into the way of life, and gets a hold of the armor."

I think it speaks to my point about him being featured heavily in S2....I would argue nitpicking the naming specifics does not discount my overall point about the show not being JUST about Din and Grogu.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#283 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 10 April 2023 - 10:45 PM

Oh yeah, agreed. I was just he isn't a proper Mandalorian under the new canon, even if he kinda sorta maybe could be.
And yes, it's funny and ironic because of that old comic you pointed out introducing him as a Mandolorian, which is where they got the idea from. Interesting to see how it morphed over the years.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#284 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 April 2023 - 03:19 PM

That was a GREAT episode.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 13 April 2023 - 03:21 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#285 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 13 April 2023 - 06:57 PM

Spoiler

#286 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 April 2023 - 07:29 PM

View PostCause, on 13 April 2023 - 06:57 PM, said:

Spoiler

Answered in red.

#287 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 13 April 2023 - 09:45 PM

Question... is it Rebels/Clone Wars I need to watch to get the back story to some of the shenanigans going on or that are coming up?

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#288 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 13 April 2023 - 10:45 PM

View Postchamp, on 13 April 2023 - 09:45 PM, said:

Question... is it Rebels/Clone Wars I need to watch to get the back story to some of the shenanigans going on or that are coming up?

I’m not caught up, so I can’t answer the specifics of your question. But you need to watch Rebels and most of Clone Wars because they’re freaking awesome.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#289 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 14 April 2023 - 03:59 AM

Typically Clone Wars fed into Rebels and now Rebels is feeding into where we're going next. If you have time you should watch both, but if you have to pick one it should be Rebels. When CW material gets pulled in for Rebels, that show typically does a good job of filling in the pieces that you'll need.

#290 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 April 2023 - 12:19 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 13 April 2023 - 10:45 PM, said:

View Postchamp, on 13 April 2023 - 09:45 PM, said:

I’m not caught up, so I can’t answer the specifics of your question. But you need to watch Rebels and most of Clone Wars because they’re freaking awesome.

Yeah, Filoni writers this stuff so you don't HAVE to watch the stuff that came before to know what's happening, but SB is right you should because both are excellent and they will enhance your viewing of this.

For the Ashoka show you should especially watch both to really get a rewarding experience from that in August.

#291 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 April 2023 - 02:45 PM

Spoiler

#292 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 22 April 2023 - 04:52 PM

Surprised there have been no comments on the finale yet!

Spoiler

#293 User is offline   Chance 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 23 April 2023 - 10:04 AM

A shaky season that ended on a high note is my verdict.

Basically half great episodes, half so-so. Some where just a bit too close to what made the Book of Boba crap and a few of episodes where basically half crap, half good which is just confusing :D

Give me more of our main mandalorian, grogu and imperial remnant which seems to be the path we are going down so I'm optimistic.

This post has been edited by Chance: 23 April 2023 - 10:11 AM

#294 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 23 June 2023 - 03:54 PM

That season sucked.

Disney Wars sucks

Orange Gals show can’t even save this dead franchise for me.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#295 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 June 2023 - 04:14 PM

Extreme.

I, on the other hand, loved it and can't wait for AHSOKA and HEIR TO THE EMPIRE!

#296 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 23 June 2023 - 04:23 PM

I had to sit back and just groan when I watched that cause I knew people would have their tongues out wiping up every drop of that Disney cum they sprayed out with that line.

Fuck this cherry picking bullshit. You axed the EU then axe the fucking EU….
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#297 User is offline   Tavvar 

• Sergeant

Posted 11 July 2023 - 04:46 PM

They axed the EU to give them more room to tell stories. If they want to import some of the better storylines and characters, go ahead and add them back in. And those EU stories still exist, we can always go back and read or play them. I consider them all to be valid SW stories and I do not care which are declared Canon or not.

I think Mando is fairly mediocre, but I am excited for Ashoka to tie together characters and stories from Clone Wars, Rebels, and Zahn's books!

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users