• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Talons

#1 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:54 PM

I just came across this interesting little passage in House of Chains:

‘And where were the Talons in all this?’ Gamet asked, then cursed himself—ah, gods, too tired—
Nok’s eyes widened for the first time that night. ‘You’ve a sharp memory, Fist.’
Gamet clamped his jaws tight, sensing the Adjunct’s hard stare fixing on him.
The admiral continued, ‘I am afraid I have no answer to that. I was not in Malaz City on that particular night; nor have I made enquiries to those who were. The Talons essentially vanished with Dancer’s death. It was widely believed that the Claw had struck them down in concert with the assassinations of Dancer and the Emperor.’
The Adjunct’s tone was suddenly curt. ‘Thank you, Admiral, for your words this night. I will keep you no longer.’

Has it been suggested before that maybe Gamet was also a member of the Talon? His thoughts and Tavore's reaction...

#2 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:33 PM

IIRC, right before this meeting with Nok Gamet and Tavore had met with Pearl and Lostara Yil where Tavore told them she had hired Baudin the pseudo-Talon to safeguard Felisin. Gamet still has Talons on the brain from that meeting so he accidentally brings them up without thinking in the meeting with Nok.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:27 AM

No hint of Gamet being Talon. Tavore's sensitivity runs from her own connections to them, which would jeapordize her position as Adjunct while she still needs the Empire’s support.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:11 PM

View PostD, on 17 February 2018 - 10:33 PM, said:

IIRC, right before this meeting with Nok Gamet and Tavore had met with Pearl and Lostara Yil where Tavore told them she had hired Baudin the pseudo-Talon to safeguard Felisin. Gamet still has Talons on the brain from that meeting so he accidentally brings them up without thinking in the meeting with Nok.

Oh, of course, thank you, D'rek, I hadn't thought of that. I read only that section, for info on a totally different topic when Gamet's reaction struck me as odd.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users