• Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:58 PM

View PostThirteen, on 10 December 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

Guilty! And I'm glad you like it Posted Image

Very impressed by your work Thirteen.

Where's the best place to see more?
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#44 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:11 PM

View PostPuck, on 10 December 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

View PostDolmen 2.0, on 10 December 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

@Puck I hope life stops getting in the way. The final work will be amazing. I am eager to see it all.

We should probably get back to that comic project thread. I just need to manage my time. The script was ready to draft out in pencil so really very little excuse workflow-wise.

Maybe we made it all too...complicated?

I'm not sure any more of it will ever see the light of day, but it sure would be cool, 'cause I had that really cool idea of how to do it. Maybe it's really a time management thing, especially since I feel like I have little trouble with drafting pages, I just need to actually do it :D

Maybe he issue is that when too many people get involved, it becomes complicated to manage, timewise.

I did one not too smart thing with my entries this year and that was to jump right into a new application with bigger projects. Maybe if I get used to it, I can speed up the proceeöss because I am determined to get away from Photoshop.

Which program? SAI? I like Photoshop but I can't afford the official licenced product so I'm also looking at alternatives.

I think maybe splitting work over several individuals is nice in theory but difficult to co-ordinate in practice. If we could meet up and actually draft it all as a group it'd be soooo much easier. Regardless next year the fan based Comic will be a priority for me. I need the experience.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#45 User is offline   Thirteen 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

View PostDolmen 2.0, on 10 December 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

Very impressed by your work Thirteen.

Where's the best place to see more?

My desk drawer :D
And here I guess, when I finish drawing some other ideas I had for the advent calendar.

#46 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:43 PM

View PostDolmen 2.0, on 10 December 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

Which program? SAI? I like Photoshop but I can't afford the official licenced product so I'm also looking at alternatives.

I think maybe splitting work over several individuals is nice in theory but difficult to co-ordinate in practice. If we could meet up and actually draft it all as a group it'd be soooo much easier. Regardless next year the fan based Comic will be a priority for me. I need the experience.

Affinity Photo. It's relatively new, but does pretty much everything Photoshop does (as far as I can tell so far) for much less money (like, it costs as much to buy it forever as the Adobe Creative Suite costs per month over here). There's also Affinity Designer, which I haven't tried yet, but it's basically Adobe Illustrator with the ability to draw vectors with the pressure sensitivity of a graphic tablet. What really sold me into trying either was that you can load Photoshop brushes into Affinity Photo, meaning my brush library isn't lost, AND it supports opening and saving PSD format files. Because there's no way I can afford the Adobe Creative Suite legally. And if the company behind Affinity manages to create a good equivalent for InDesign I'm probably going to switch over completely.

I'd tried various othe rprograms before (SAI, Medibang, Krita, Artrage) and so far Affinity works best for me. I'm honestly not missing PS yet, though it takes some time to find the known features again.

I think splitting the work works when there's a clear cut area of responsibility for everyone, like how in comics you often got a penciller, an inker, a colorist and so on. It may be just me, but I find it difficult to have several people work on the same thing, especially when the styles are very different. The only reason I'd have been okay with working mix-matchy with AT was because we studied together and know each other's style and work-process well.

View Post- Coltaine -, on 10 December 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

The image is from Thirteen :D

Another Malazan comic book thread? Did I miss something?

No. At least what AT and me had in mind was teh secretz.

Love it! Hope to see more! :D
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#47 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:39 PM

Todays picture is superb!

#48 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

CN - I just love your portrait series of the Malazan soldiery :D

Thank you for a superb Detoran :D

#49 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:27 PM

Yah that Detoran rules.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#50 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:29 AM

Shit today's is awesome

#51 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:48 AM

View PostMacros, on 15 December 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

Shit today's is awesome

Absolutely!
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]

#52 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:37 PM

Unmistakably, Dejan! :unworthy:

#53 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:19 AM

Thirteen, I love your stuff! :unworthy: Best T'amber I've seen! ..not that I've seen many, but you get my point :p

#54 User is offline   Thirteen 

• Recruit

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:56 AM

View PostPuck, on 16 December 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

Thirteen, I love your stuff! :unworthy: Best T'amber I've seen! ..not that I've seen many, but you get my point :p

:p Thanks Buck!

Today's is just amazing!

#55 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:21 AM

View PostThirteen, on 17 December 2017 - 09:56 AM, said:

View PostPuck, on 16 December 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

:p Thanks Buck!

Today's is just amazing!

I loved how T'amber was depicted. Graceful and elegant.

And Puck, today's entry is outstanding!

#56 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:47 PM

That is a wonderful image for today.

Beautiful work Puck. and Thirteen that image of T'amber is now my mental image for the character, great job!

In other news i'm digital again, working on Affinity, thank you for recommending it Puck!

Egwene made a great request for my first attempt. Will be trying to finish by christmas, maybe I can throw in a bonus.

#57 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

Thanks, people, I'm really glad everyone seems to like it :unworthy:

@Dolmen: Sounds great, fingers crossed for that! Also, glad you like Affinity, it's really grown on me in the past weeks.

#58 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:01 PM

Great depiction of T'amber, Thirteen. I am glad you joined the Calendar project this year and I am very much looking forward to seeing more Malazan art from you! :p

And Puck, what can I say. Everything I have ever seen of your work has made me drool. Today's image is easily one of my all-time favourite Malazan depictions. Thank you :unworthy:

#59 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:47 PM

View PostEgwene, on 17 December 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

Great depiction of T'amber, Thirteen. I am glad you joined the Calendar project this year and I am very much looking forward to seeing more Malazan art from you! :p

Yes, please :p

And Puck, what can I say. Everything I have ever seen of your work has made me drool. Today's image is easily one of my all-time favourite Malazan depictions. Thank you :unworthy:

Thanks :) I'm getting somewhere where I am halfway happy with my own digital output, I hope I can keep that up and be more active again in the coming year. Been a tough time, in personal matters, and I'm not one of those people who get really active and creative to draw away negative energy, but the opposite.

Aaaanyway, I'm looking forward to the remaining images this year :D

#60 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:14 AM

View PostPuck, on 17 December 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

Great depiction of T'amber, Thirteen. I am glad you joined the Calendar project this year and I am very much looking forward to seeing more Malazan art from you! :)

Yes, please :p

Thanks :D I'm getting somewhere where I am halfway happy with my own digital output, I hope I can keep that up and be more active again in the coming year. Been a tough time, in personal matters, and I'm not one of those people who get really active and creative to draw away negative energy, but the opposite.

Aaaanyway, I'm looking forward to the remaining images this year :D

Know what you mean - I am the same when it comes to energy source - much more productive when I don't have to worry about other stuff.

As for the remaining images - great collaboration from the guys under todays number :p No mistaking that scene - love it!!!

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users