• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weinstein Celebrity Dead Pool

#781 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:24 PM

What really hurts with things like this (and I'm not listening to it, appreciate the warning QT), is that the rare case such as this where the perpetrator sells themselves as the victim is used to tar everyone. People point and go "See, people lie about it". So not only has she exploited a deeply serious cause, she's probably done it some irrevocable damage too - not to mention the personal damage to Depp.
- Wyrd biđ ful aræd -

#782 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:50 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 06 February 2020 - 06:24 PM, said:

What really hurts with things like this (and I'm not listening to it, appreciate the warning QT), is that the rare case such as this where the perpetrator sells themselves as the victim is used to tar everyone. People point and go "See, people lie about it". So not only has she exploited a deeply serious cause, she's probably done it some irrevocable damage too - not to mention the personal damage to Depp.

Yep, agreed. She's damaged the ability for people to be believed.

This is also apparently only 2 audio sessions of SEVENTY of them that he submitted to the court as evidence. I had enough trouble sitting through these two audios as someone who was abused by a girlfriend in my 20's.

The other portion here is that if you look back over his time during/before this all came out 4+ years ago initially...he's constantly showing the signs of being a victim who's simply not saying anything. Videos with the two of them, he's clearly uncomfortable, and after one of the incidents where she lost it with him, he was performing with his band and some eagle-eyed people at the show noticed that overtop the bandage on his chopped off finger, the tape reads HELP across his fingers..and then there was this weird interview...which happened on the red carpet of ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS in May of 2016 (This was right before Heard, and her friend io Tillet-Wright concocted their story about him throwing a cell phone at her [this has since been proven to be a false accusation and thrown out of court])

^^ This without context seems like just an irreverent comment by an irreverent dude, but when coupled with everything that as going on at the time...it's a red flag, as are all the other red flags that he was a victim.

I hear this morning that Warner Brothers is discussing recasting Mera in AQUAMAN 2...which yeah, definitely. She also doesn't deserve to be a spokesperson for abuse victims...or L'Oreal's spokesperson...
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#783 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:17 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 06 February 2020 - 06:24 PM, said:

This is crucial. It's like when Jussie Smollet was found to be lying about his racist attack. He gave voice to all the bellends going "see, it's not as bad as you make out!" and justifying the actual racism that is rampant.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#784 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:36 PM

What's interesting is that this news/audio have been out for like a week so far, and barely a whisper of it is in the mainstream news/media....sites like TMZ, and such that DELIGHTED in the dragging of Depp repeatedly back when Heard accused him, are radio goddamned silence now.

I guess it's really hard to walk back such a smear campaign if you are the bigger players in Media.

I'm waiting for that catharsis. Perez Hilton picked it up yesterday, and he's got quite a following, so hopefully bigger sites spread it.

One of the bits of info that came out that chills me to the bone (I'll spoiler this for trigger stuff)...

Spoiler

Like that is some really insane stuff, and leads me to believe she possibly has BPD, or BiPolar or something similar. People aren't that insidious for random reasons.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#785 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:52 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 February 2020 - 03:51 PM, said:

Here is the full nearly hour of audio for the Heard/ Depp thing.

Please note that it might be triggering for Abuse survivors, and Amber engages in many things, and among them are gaslighting Johnny, and telling him that no one will believe him if he goes to the police or the media...

I don't understand why you are so invested in this QT. Certainly I hope that whoever the injured party is gets the chance to salvage their reputation but I'm not going to listen to an hour of 2 people having an argument. Could Johnny Depp not have been being quiet about it because he knew that airing dirty laundry publicly would only descend into awfulness. If he is the innocent party and decided to record conversations then he must have had a plan to use them against her in some kind of legal action which meant he knew she was acting unlawfully.

It seems that focusing on small details detracts from the wider argument and turns complex issues into circuses.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#786 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:18 AM

I’m invested because I was once abused by an ex-girlfriend, so this hit home. She also told me I was being a wimp for complaining that she punched me. Ect. This audio was so familiar to me.

And because Johnny Depp didn’t deserve this. And amber heard doesn’t deserve to get away with it and be a big star still.

The audio is also legally released and was taped with both parties full knowledge as a sort of attempt at couples therapy. No one was taping the other person unknowingly. There are also seventy of them (submitted to the court), this is only two.

And yes, Johnny very much didn’t want this public. It was Amber who made it public and Amber who projected her violence onto him when he’d done nothing. All of this evidence only came out because he’s had to defend himself in court after she went after him.

And I’m also invested in it because this is important to the wider conversation as a nuance people often ignore.

It’s also a pretty insanely accurate portrayal of gaslighting, and victim syndrome.

#787 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 February 2020 - 04:52 PM

Weinstein Found Guilty on 2 of the five counts.

#788 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 February 2020 - 05:44 PM

Curious what the actual sentence will be. Double serious probation and a 1000 dollar fine or will he actually serve some serious time?

#789 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 25 February 2020 - 03:43 AM

View PostAptorian, on 24 February 2020 - 05:44 PM, said:

Curious what the actual sentence will be. Double serious probation and a 1000 dollar fine or will he actually serve some serious time?

'For the charge of criminal sex act in the first degree, he faces a minimum of five years and a maximum of 25 years in prison.

For the charge of rape in the third degree, he essentially faces no minimum prison time and a maximum of four years.'

'Weinstein was taken to New York's Bellevue Hospital Monday night after feeling chest pains and having heart palpitations and high blood pressure on his way to Rikers Island [...] Weinstein was admitted and "is OK," his attorney said.'

https://www.cnn.com/...dict/index.html

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 25 February 2020 - 03:43 AM

#790 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 March 2020 - 05:32 PM

Posted Image

#791 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 05 March 2020 - 04:34 PM

As amusing as this comic is I have come to the level of acceptance society has for rape in prisons is unhealthy. Are they bad dudes? Yes, does that mean we should root for it, no.

I’m actually amazed that prisoners don’t have more rights, protections etc to come forward and ask for help when a cellmate or fang is beating and raping them constantly

#792 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 March 2020 - 03:35 PM

Weinstein sentenced to 23 years. Good.

#793 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 March 2020 - 04:46 PM

He been laying it on thick with the infirmed old man routine. Looking to get better incarceration landing spot?

#794 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 March 2020 - 05:50 AM

Posted Image

#795 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 23 March 2020 - 05:59 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 March 2020 - 05:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

Gives new meaning to 'dead pool'... I have been wondering who will be the first celebrities to die. (If any, since almost all of them are wealthy. Is MC Hammer still broke?... 'can't touch this' would be fitting. But I certainly hope he doesn't die.) OTOH it seems like an awfully convenient way for Weinstein to get out of gen pop....

#796 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 23 March 2020 - 01:16 PM

For my work, I am currently tracking how bad things are getting at Rikers Island in relation to how many COVID-19 cases there are and which prisoner's with disabilities are vulnerable.

Weinstein was put in the contagious disease ward first (West Facility) and spent some time in the prison hospital. He and I think 37 other inmates and 17 prison employees are now confirmed positive.

As always, Weinstein is connected to something larger and more horrible.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#797 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 April 2020 - 12:42 PM

Further evidence that not only is Johnny Depp completely innocent, but that Amber Heard is the trash bag human...

PI Amber Heard hired could not come up with dirt on Depp

Notice how the PI she and her lawyers hired take an absolutely pot shot at her in the final sentence of the article.

The not so amusing thing is how the stories are now leaking out of Hollywood inner circles that her behaviour very much lines up with her being an abuser and a constant fake victim...which bothers me because it means people had evidence that Depp was likely not at fault and was being gaslit and abused....and they were fucking SILENT.

Anyways, just chalk up another bit of evidence against Heard. The rumour in the rags is that this PI thing is what will finally signal her career going down the tubes in Hollywood (I mean it should have happened already, but here we are), and not a moment too soon.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 03 April 2020 - 12:42 PM

#798 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:29 PM

Not that we needed more evidence that her case was all lies, and Depp's was airtight...but...

Heard's entire law team has quit the lawsuit.

Please note that the lead lawyer for Heard on the case is known for other TimesUp/MeToo cases...so you know if she gave up....They claim it's due to location logistics...but yeah...not buying it.

A retained lawyer will defend their client in almost every scenario except 1) they believe they will not get paid for their services, or 2) the client is lying to them or otherwise working against their ability to defend them.

My guess is this is the latter.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 17 June 2020 - 12:44 PM

#799 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 17 June 2020 - 03:54 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 June 2020 - 12:29 PM, said:

Not that we needed more evidence that her case was all lies, and Depp's was airtight...but...

Heard's entire law team has quit the lawsuit.

Please note that the lead lawyer for Heard on the case is known for other TimesUp/MeToo cases...so you know if she gave up....They claim it's due to location logistics...but yeah...not buying it.

A retained lawyer will defend their client in almost every scenario except 1) they believe they will not get paid for their services, or 2) the client is lying to them or otherwise working against their ability to defend them.

My guess is this is the latter.

If this lawyer is so renowned, why do you suspect she's lying about her reasons for quitting the case?
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#800 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 17 June 2020 - 04:51 PM

Confidentiality. They can't discuss information regarding their client, even indirectly. If a client is lying the lawyer who finds out can't disclose it to the world.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

Share this topic:

• 62 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users