• You cannot reply to this topic

The Benses V Spoiler Thread

#1 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

Get out.

Spoiler for The Game.

Fucking awesome that we have some super vets playing.

You

know

the

Drill

Still here? Come on in then, explore the fun.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#2 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:19 AM

Passwords

Mafia 146

MM - Tigertiger
SH - phoenix
Path-Shaper - isaacnewton

Aranatha - cliff
Ay Estos - andrew
Jalan - francis
Kalse - james
Merrid - chris
Osseric - david
Skintick - kirsty
Tennes - alex
Anomandaris - diane
Fanderay - wendy
Hanas - rachel
Okaros - geoff
Ruse - leonardo
Eldat Pressen - rose
Thyrllan - nicky
Nimander Golit - stan
Dejim Nebrahl - winona

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 07 November 2017 - 11:29 AM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#3 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:20 AM

Game mechanics and roles:
Days last 36 hours
Nights last 12 hours or instantaneous where possible
There will be a coroner-finder in effect
Inactivity modkill: 36 hours.
Weekend Break - Friday 22:00 GMT - Monday 14:00 GMT

The Benses (evil team)

One of each of the following roles WILL be present:

Big Ben (killer) – Although your mastering of Meanas allows you to remain undetected, you are also able to draw from various other warrens, allowing you one lethal attack per night, when the others are sleeping.

You are a soul-shifter, when you die, you are able to transfer your soul into the player of your choice. Upon death, the player chooses another alt to carry over his role. The player playing this alt now becomes Big Ben and gains his role (on top of anything he already had), and changes his winning conditions accordingly.

This shifting happens ONCE, so if the second Big Ben dies the evil team loses.

Uncle Ben (symp) – You don’t really agree with Big’s mentality of killing your fellow man, even if they are Mezla. However, your mastery of Meanas allows you to silence one player per day. You do this by sending the mods the name of the player you want to silence.

Once silenced, a player can no longer speak, but he can still post and contribute. The posts can only contain: votes, quotes, emoticons, player's alts and images (uploaded or linked from the web).

This power can be used every day and as many times as wanted, although it can’t target the same player two days in a row. It can be used on himself, or on Big Ben if wanted. The silencing is in effect from the end-of-night to the end-of-day post from the mod. This silencing apply to PMs between pairs, so please don’t cheat ;)

Note: upon investigation/CF, Uncle Ben will come up as “Innocent”

Note 2: The two Benses can NOT communicate off-thread, although they will know of each other. When the first Big Ben shift, Uncle Ben will be made aware of the identity of his new master, and vice-versa.

Innocents (good team)

Any combination of the following roles will be used. No role not described here will be used.
Upon investigation/CF, any of these will come up as "Innocent"

Dead Nobody: Once you were alive, and then you died. You have no special power, nothing special happened to you until you became drafted by force for this mission. Next time you see Hood in his realm, looking pissed, you'll know not to come and "check it out".

Vig: In your previous life, you were a powerful mercenary. However, you learned one day never to play baseball with a Malazan Sapper prisoner, specially if he supplies the ball. You have a vig kill that you can use once, at the night of your choice, during the game.

Healer: In your previous life, you were a wandering surgeon, offering your services in exchange for food and shelter. However, you learned one day that "Please, hand me this scalpel" and "I want to have sex with your mother" differ, in a small Seven Cities dialect, by one accent. Your mastering of Denul allows you to heal one player per night. Note: this skill does not affect Uncle Ben's silencing ability.

Finder: In a previous life, you were yourself a practitioner of Mockra. However, you learned one day why there was no first-hand report of what happens if you look in a mirror and try to convince yourself that you do NOT possess knowledge of Mockra. Despite the paradox-induced head explosion, you retain your old knowledge, and by focusing on one player per night, you can determine if this player is Big Ben or not.

Guard: In a previous life, you were a guard in the Seguleh Imperial Harem. However, you learned one day that when the queen says "Well, fuck me, my husband is home early for once", it should NOT be understood as an order. Every night, you chose the name of one player to guard. This player will be prevented to perform a night action for this night. If this player is part of a pair whose partner is still alive, the night action is not blocked.

Note: Any of these roles can exist as a PAIR. If this is the case, and the pair is roled, they have together ONE action per night, that they must agree on. Note that pair of Vigs have 2 night kills at their disposition, although they can't use both in the same night.

For all pairs: You can communicate off-thread at all times. For a night action to be accepted, if must be confirmed by BOTH players (exception: if a provisional was been sent by both players, it can be confirmed by only one player).

If one of the players from a pair becomes Big Ben, the other remains unaware, and stays in the good team with corresponding winning conditions. It is possible for a pair to target one of the two players from the pair as long as both agree.

If only one from a pair is still alive, and becomes Big Ben, he keeps his other power to use as he pleases. Exception: if he is the lone member of a vig team with vig kills left, he loses the vig kills since he’s already killing at night. (If he’s part of a vig pair, he’s welcome to use the vig kills as long as his partner agrees :))

#4 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

Player List

1. Gust Hubb
2. Andorion
3. Lizradusa
4. NomNomNom
5. Lady Bliss
6. Bubba
7. Blend
8. Vengeance
9. Peanutbutta
10. Twelve
11. Kurt
12. H.D
13. Ment
14. Bent
15. Mess
16. Khell

Random Alts

Tennes
Thyrllan
Jalan
Anomandaris
Skintick
Ruse
Ay Estos
Hanas
Nimander Golit
Eldat Pressen
Aranatha
Kalse
Merrid
Osseric
Fanderay
Dejim Nebrahl

Gust Hubb - Tennes - RI
Andorion - Thyrllan - RI
Lizradus - Jalan - Paired Healer
Nom - Anomandaris - Vig
Lady Bliss - Skintick - RI
Bubba - Ruse - RI
Blend - Ay Estos - RI
Vengeance - Hanas - RI
Peanutbutta - Nimander Golit - RI
Twelve - Eldat Pressen - Lover
Kurt - Aranatha - RI
H.D - Kalse - Paired Healer
Ment - Merrid - Big Ben
Bent - Osseric - RI
Mess - Fanderay - Uncle Ben
Khell - Dejim Nebrahl - RI

#5 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

Set Up

16 players

Scum
Big Ben who has a BP
Uncle Ben who has a town lover

Town
Paired Healer
Paired Healer
Vig
Lover

#6 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:59 PM

This may see the vig lynched, as only one player can be silenced.

Hanas, on 08 November 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

I am going to go with the multiple silencer players on day 1 strategy.

Hanas, on 08 November 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

The great thing about that is that uncle ben knows that I am faking but big doesn't. So Big will have to follow uncle. Thus giving town a clue as to whom may be whom. If town is paying attention.

#7 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:01 PM

Kalse, on 07 November 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

Quien es?

HD

Kalse, on 07 November 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

Oh. fun. Low posting vengy? Bubba? Bent?

Let's have fun!

Jalan, on 08 November 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

Nope, Liz here.^^

Jalan, on 08 November 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

I just didn't bother to lock in yesterday, since the game only started today.^^

Jalan, on 08 November 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

Provisionally accept all orders submitted by Kalse until BB dies the first time.

#8 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

Merrid, on 07 November 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

Oh, christ.

Last thing I need when hungover on a Tuesday is to find out I'm scum.

Provisional shift into a Khell.

Hmm, maybe I can use the hangover as an excuse to coast Day1...

Merrid, on 07 November 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

By tomorrow I should hopefully alt Khell. Or think I did, but then shift into tatts.

Merrid, on 08 November 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

Oh shit, I just signaled Fandy, ;)

Good thing this game has no need for signaling...

#9 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:08 AM

Osseric, on 07 November 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

You know....I haven't posted on this site in 7 or 8 years....freaking years...I kinda expected that just showing up would garner some " HOLY SHIT's" etc...

Instead its like

" 'sup "

I missed you guys,lol

Also...early guesses as I used to do

Bubba is the symp....and Andomadaris (I believe that's who's first post says "nursing a hangover" is Big Ben.

Disclaimer- I have no idea who most of These people are...lol

The forum is a strange new realm...ready to be explored and discredited as "a damn millennial-ruined nightmare of cry babies"

With their technologies and smart phone computers...to hell with them and their weird music

Grumble grumble

Path-Shaper, on 08 November 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Ay Estos, on 08 November 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

By the way, I'm jealous that you put in a silencing role - I've been toying with doing that for a while, but just hadn't found the right opportunity yet, mostly because we haven't had big enough games and I know Macros probably wouldn't be too happy about it.

I wanted to play in this game so much ha ha, so I am jealous you are playing it if that is a consolation ;)

#10 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:10 AM

Fanderay, on 07 November 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

AAAARRRrrrrrgggghhhhh!

Scum 3 times in a row.

FML.

Do you know where the spoilers for Benses III has got to? Can't find it and I'm trying to see how many lover pairs there are since I will need to play my one carefully...

Fanderay, on 07 November 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

Ben3 was on here, found the signups and the game thread but no spoilers!

Fanderay, on 07 November 2017 - 06:51 PM, said:

Found 27 spoilers in amongst all the kitchen threads. No random lover pairings there too? Now I'm just bemused.

Still, with game tomorrow I can get a silence order in right off the bat, no?

Fancy telling me if Eldat has a role? ;)

Path-Shaper, on 07 November 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

With 16 players I thought giving you a town lover would level the field somewhat. You can silence whenever you want. Just don't accidentally put it in your lover conversation

Fanderay, on 07 November 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

Heh, I might silence my lover :p

Till then,

Silence Anomandaris

#11 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:11 AM

Fanderay, on 08 November 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

So Hanas is either trying to draw me out or off their trolley.

Fanderay, on 08 November 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

Silence Hanas

Fanderay, on 08 November 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

Yeah. Might change it if he starts posting normally, I'm sure someone will pick up on the "can't be silenced for 2 days in a row" though.

You're not pulling some silly trick like saying if one of a pair is silenced both are, right? Because that's not what the OP says ;)

Fanderay, on 08 November 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

View PostKalse, on 08 November 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

Whichever dumb fuck of you is town I'm going to put you on a list and murder you with words.

Kalse is naturally my backup choice.

#12 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:15 AM

Hanas, on 08 November 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

True this will fuck with town considerably. But honestly it is a Benses game. Fuck with town is the name of the game. I have used this in previous games to good effort. I just have to keep it up all day.

Hanas, on 08 November 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

You think this is good. You should have seen the time I pretended to be insane in the asylum game. That was fucking crazy. I think that there were a couple of us who decided to do that on the same day. Sent the game off of a cliff.

Hanas, on 08 November 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 08 November 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

No rules this game either, technically. At least you've got the thread talking.

And focused. One of my favorite bits was an early game (5 or 7) where obdi fake revealed as the finder on day 1. Just a ballsy move that threw scum for a loop. He retracted the next day.

Hanas, on 08 November 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

Ahh this could turn out to be a fun fun day.

Hanas, on 08 November 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

I can just imagine uncle bens pms to you. WTF why did Hanas get silenced. Who did that? Is there a second silencer in the game. Why would he silence himself. What the fuck? Shit.

Hanas, on 08 November 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

You do realize that tomorrow I am going to blame you. I will say that ps fucked up and silenced me and Ano and just decided to let it roll.

#13 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:16 AM

Jalan, on 08 November 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

View PostEldat Pressen, on 08 November 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

So what is all the talk about us all being dead in the early part of the thread? I feel this is an inside Malazan thing more than a game thing but I'm very foggy as to the references?

Saving this for later. Only scum have no direct reference to being dead in their pm, but I don't want to jump away from Ay right now.

Jalan, on 08 November 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

If there really are two silencing powers out there they would be clever if one didn't silence tomorrow.

#14 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:18 AM

Merrid, on 08 November 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

wtf with 2 silenced? Is someone trying to get a Day 1 Lynch cuz they're busy or smth?

Or is it a hilariously convoluted plot to draw a reaction from a confused UB? there's a few players who I can see trying that.

Merrid, on 08 November 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Provisional jump to Kalse. I like his delicious anger.

Merrid, on 08 November 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

I also need to think of a kill target, no?

Hmm, a re-read might be in order to see who is demonstrating a glimmer of intelligence...

Merrid, on 08 November 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

EP has to be Kurt. Right?

Merrid, on 08 November 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

Provisional kill on tennes

#15 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:24 AM

Skintick, on 08 November 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

Tennes is Gust and Ment couldn't give s fuck about being alted as per usual.

#16 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:24 AM

Aranatha, on 08 November 2017 - 10:50 PM, said:

For what it's worth, I haven't the chance to really read through.

But someone is seriously faking being silenced - Silencing just isn't a mechanic that's thrown around a lot as a way of fucking with a game. Should it be? Maybe. Has it been? Not really. But what little activity there's been has already strayed away from the supposed multiple Day One silencing.

Also, Osseric is scummy as fuck. He's playing ... dare I say it? I'll fucking say it. He's playing SMOOTHLY. SMOOTHLY. I SAID IT, SUCK ON IT. SMOOTHLY.

Either that or he's a powered Inno, trying to flush people out. It could go either way.

And what the hell is up with the Osseric alt and being scum? It's as bad as Liosan.

Anyways, I'll be back soon for more.

#17 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:30 AM

Kalse, on 08 November 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

Hi Liz!

Path-Shaper, on 08 November 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

Kalse, do you want to provide the same provisional?

Kalse, on 08 November 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

Yessir.

Path-Shaper, on 08 November 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

I now pronounce you joint partnership

Kalse, on 08 November 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

It's just so sudden and official! I'm scared of commitment!

Jalan, on 08 November 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

What do you think about Ano and Hanas?

Kalse, on 08 November 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

Some town is fucking about. Question is who? We then lynch the dumbass.

Yours?

Jalan, on 08 November 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

Same.

I had the stupid idea that there might be a pair of uncle bens, each with their own silence, but nothing in PS post suggest it's even possible so yeah. Stupid town is the only option.

Kalse, on 08 November 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

I'm worried about two Uncle's, but that seems OP. Occam's razor is some ass just being an ass with this set-up. It's always been one Big and one Uncle.

Jalan, on 08 November 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

How likely do you think it is that Uncle Ben targetted Big Ben on night zero?

Kalse, on 08 November 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

My previous experience is that this is always the first night fright. If they did, so what? We'll either lynch a dumb townie or a Ben.

Jalan, on 08 November 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

View PostEldat Pressen, on 08 November 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

So what is all the talk about us all being dead in the early part of the thread? I feel this is an inside Malazan thing more than a game thing but I'm very foggy as to the references?

I think Eldat is scum. All town pms start with "In you previous live..."

Kalse, on 08 November 2017 - 09:38 PM, said:

Eh, I always skip the flavor too. But go with your gut.

Kalse, on 08 November 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

I'm going to try to code in your name if you need it later. First word of each sentence. I'll let you know post #.

#18 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:34 AM

Fanderay, on 07 November 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

What the actual fuck have I signed up for?

I'm going to work on the basis having a random lover convo isn't a giant cock-up by Tatts despite non-roled lovers not being in the OP?

Messremb here.

Fanderay, on 08 November 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

13 hours later no show, please don't be a modkill.

Eldat Pressen, on 08 November 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

For the record I never even signed up for the game so was more than a bit surprised when I received a text saying I was in the game. I can only play a bit in the evenings so I'll do a quick post on thread so I won't get mod killed but it won't be for another 8 to 10 hours before I can even read the thread. Blame Tats

Sorry Twelve ;)

Fanderay, on 08 November 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

I think I approve of your methods for getting players Tatts.

So much for my hopes of a chatty fellow who I can pump for information from previous games like why we're all dead.

We should totally code something on thread. Thoughts?

Fanderay, on 08 November 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

Thread is turning into a clusterfuck of the silenced, sheesh.

Eldat Pressen, on 08 November 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

Well if work hadn't blocked the website then I might not have dropped off the face of the planet. If you want to code something on thread let me know what you want. Probably something from me using your name and you mine. Probably too complicated. What ever. Using my phone and data isn't ideal. Will try and read the thread at lunch.

Fanderay, on 08 November 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

My codes tend to be long and technical, come up with a short and almost invisible one though - I'm going to quote PS at some point today, the quote will have some modified headers that'll only be readable if someone replies to it and bothers to look at them. So for instance this quote:

[qu ote name='Path-Shaper' timestamp='1510046034' post='1308214']
Days last 36 hours
Weekend Break - Friday 22:00 GMT - Monday 14:00 GMT[/quo te]

would be modified to this:

[qu ote name='Path-Shaper' timestamp='1510046034' post='EldatPressen']
Days last 36 hours
Weekend Break - Friday 22:00 GMT - Monday 14:00 GMT[/quo te]

Colour and underlining to make the change obvious to you, not needed in thread.

On thread each looks like:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 07 November 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

Days last 36 hours

would be modified to this:

Path-Shaper, on 07 November 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

Days last 36 hours

Virtually indistinguishable, no?

Fanderay, on 09 November 2017 - 03:34 AM, said:

I'll get a post up in 3-4 hours when I get home from work.

Yeah first and also last!

Twelve is very perceptive

Eldat Pressen, on 09 November 2017 - 04:33 AM, said:

Well I'm about ready to go to bed so likely won't get much chance to chat.

Fanderay, on 09 November 2017 - 06:43 AM, said:

Eldat Pressen, on 09 November 2017 - 04:31 AM, said:

Throwing this out their but something Kalse said leads me to think he might be role town. Just gut probably way off. No feel for who might be scum at the moment

I'm not so sure - he's loud and a little abrasive, not enough to have picked up a vote though. Unless he's roled and hoping to attract a heal there's little advantage in being so right now.

#19 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:36 AM

Anomandaris, on 07 November 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

You are a soul-shifter, when you die, you are able to transfer your soul into the player of your choice. Upon death, the player chooses another alt to carry over his role. The player playing this alt now becomes Big Ben and gains his role (on top of anything he already had), and changes his winning conditions accordingly.

This shifting happens ONCE, so if the second Big Ben dies the evil team loses.

I need some clarification on how does this work

So, there's BB, then there's the player

If BB dies, he submits a player's alt and BB's soul is saved there, while the former BB dies?
The chosen players is not afflicted at all at this point and doesn't know about anything? Only when this chosen player dies he chooses another alt and that alt gains the abilities of former chosen player plus becomes bb on top of any abilities this 2nd chosen had?

Don't really think that's how it works...

Path-Shaper, on 07 November 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

bb is x whilst x he chooses his successor, he chooses you. he dies you become big ben = example

Anomandaris isn't voting for Hanas because he thinks he is roled

Anomandaris, on 07 November 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

View PostHanas, on 07 November 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

Fucking hood balls. I had a nice little nap going on and very pleasant dreams. There was this seven cities girl and she and her friend were..... Well it was a pleasant dream. Now I have to find the benses. WTF who's job is it to keep them locked up.

Anomandaris, on 09 November 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

I know

I just have no idea why would Hanas claim to be silenced

Anomandaris, on 09 November 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

I dont think Hanas would risk getting lynched D1 or D2 after they see my CF if he was scum

Anomandaris, on 09 November 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

Hene why I don't wanna lynch eithe of us and see how many people are silenced the next day

Anomandaris, on 09 November 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

Maybe some kinda balancing is in place, need to check out the ben/town ratios in previous games

#20 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:37 AM

Anomandaris, on 09 November 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

Anomandaris, on 09 November 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

I dont think Hanas would risk getting lynched D1 or D2 after they see my CF if he was scum

Aah but uncle's a symp meaning town cf, completely forgot about that

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users