Malazan Empire: MAFIA 146 - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MAFIA 146 SOMETHING SPECIAL

#1 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:26 AM

1. Gust Hubb
2. Andorion
3. Lizradusa
4. NomNomNom
5. Tatts
6. Lady Bliss
7. Bubba
8. Blend
9. Vengeance
10. Peanutbutta
11. Twelve
12. Kurt
13. H.D
14. Ment
15. Bent
16. Mess
17. Khell

View PostPath-Shaper, on 23 August 2008 - 10:26 AM, said:

Game mechanics and roles:
Days last 36 hours
Nights last 12 hours
There will be a coroner-finder in effect
Inactivity modkill: 24 hours.

The Benses (evil team)

One of each of the following roles WILL be present:

Big Ben (killer) – Although your mastering of Meanas allows you to remain undetected, you are also able to draw from various other warrens, allowing you one lethal attack per night, when the others are sleeping.

You are a soul-shifter, when you die, you are able to transfer your soul into the player of your choice. Upon death, the player chooses another alt to carry over his role. The player playing this alt now becomes Big Ben and gains his role (on top of anything he already had), and changes his winning conditions accordingly.

This shifting happens ONCE, so if the second Big Ben dies the evil team loses.

Uncle Ben (symp) – You don’t really agree with Big’s mentality of killing your fellow man, even if they are Mezla. However, your mastery of Meanas allows you to silence one player per day. You do this by sending the mods the name of the player you want to silence.

Once silenced, a player can no longer speak, but he can still post and contribute. The posts can only contain: votes, quotes, emoticons, player's alts and images (uploaded or linked from the web).

This power can be used every day and as many times as wanted, although it can’t target the same player two days in a row. It can be used on himself, or on Big Ben if wanted. The silencing is in effect from the end-of-night to the end-of-day post from the mod. This silencing apply to PMs between pairs, so please don’t cheat ;)

Note: upon investigation/CF, Uncle Ben will come up as “Innocent”

Note 2: The two Benses can NOT communicate off-thread, although they will know of each other. When the first Big Ben shift, Uncle Ben will be made aware of the identity of his new master, and vice-versa.

Innocents (good team)

Any combination of the following roles will be used. No role not described here will be used.
Upon investigation/CF, any of these will come up as "Innocent"

Dead Nobody: Once you were alive, and then you died. You have no special power, nothing special happened to you until you became drafted by force for this mission. Next time you see Hood in his realm, looking pissed, you'll know not to come and "check it out".

Vig: In your previous life, you were a powerful mercenary. However, you learned one day never to play baseball with a Malazan Sapper prisoner, specially if he supplies the ball. You have a vig kill that you can use once, at the night of your choice, during the game.

Healer: In your previous life, you were a wandering surgeon, offering your services in exchange for food and shelter. However, you learned one day that "Please, hand me this scalpel" and "I want to have sex with your mother" differ, in a small Seven Cities dialect, by one accent. Your mastering of Denul allows you to heal one player per night. Note: this skill does not affect Uncle Ben's silencing ability.

Finder: In a previous life, you were yourself a practitioner of Mockra. However, you learned one day why there was no first-hand report of what happens if you look in a mirror and try to convince yourself that you do NOT possess knowledge of Mockra. Despite the paradox-induced head explosion, you retain your old knowledge, and by focusing on one player per night, you can determine if this player is Big Ben or not.

Guard: In a previous life, you were a guard in the Seguleh Imperial Harem. However, you learned one day that when the queen says "Well, fuck me, my husband is home early for once", it should NOT be understood as an order. Every night, you chose the name of one player to guard. This player will be prevented to perform a night action for this night. If this player is part of a pair whose partner is still alive, the night action is not blocked.

Note: Any of these roles can exist as a PAIR. If this is the case, and the pair is roled, they have together ONE action per night, that they must agree on. Note that pair of Vigs have 2 night kills at their disposition, although they can't use both in the same night.

For all pairs: You can communicate off-thread at all times. For a night action to be accepted, if must be confirmed by BOTH players (exception: if a provisional was been sent by both players, it can be confirmed by only one player).

If one of the players from a pair becomes Big Ben, the other remains unaware, and stays in the good team with corresponding winning conditions. It is possible for a pair to target one of the two players from the pair as long as both agree.

If only one from a pair is still alive, and becomes Big Ben, he keeps his other power to use as he pleases. Exception: if he is the lone member of a vig team with vig kills left, he loses the vig kills since he’s already killing at night. (If he’s part of a vig pair, he’s welcome to use the vig kills as long as his partner agrees :))

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 07 November 2017 - 09:46 AM

Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#2 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:06 PM

In
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#3 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:19 PM

After a very early exist last time, count me

In

#4 User is offline   Lizradusa 

• A Flare Unholiest
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:53 PM

Rusty as hell, but in. ;)
Posted Image 'Tired of Wasting Time, Let LizInc organize your lazyness!' - Obdigore Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:54 PM

View PostLizradusa, on 06 November 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

I'm in love.

#6 User is offline   Lizradusa 

• A Flare Unholiest

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:05 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 06 November 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

I'm in love.

Posted Image
Posted Image 'Tired of Wasting Time, Let LizInc organize your lazyness!' - Obdigore Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:07 PM

Do I still have to say it?
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#8 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:32 PM

I'm in!
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#9 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

In
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#10 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

View PostLizradusa, on 06 November 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 06 November 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

I'm in love.

Posted Image

OMG!!! Liz, I'm so excited to see you return!! :)
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#11 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:49 PM

I hate to break it to you, but you can't play in the very same game that you mod, Tatts...
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#12 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:10 PM

In. I will try not to drunk post as much....maybe

#13 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:18 PM

Plot?
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#14 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:27 PM

View PostI N, on 06 November 2017 - 08:49 PM, said:

I hate to break it to you, but you can't play in the very same game that you mod, Tatts...

Unless Tatts wasn't actually planning to mod - in which case we would need a mod.

I could probably pull a Legend of Korra Season 3 outta my ass if needed.

#15 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:27 PM

View PostH. D., on 06 November 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

Plot?

Benses Mafia!

Big Ben and Uncle Ben

#16 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:43 PM

This is one of my all time favourite games. Someone want to pull up the quote by Kurt?

I'll send out invites now.

#17 User is offline   Lizradusa 

• A Flare Unholiest

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:44 PM

View PostBlend, on 06 November 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

OMG!!! Liz, I'm so excited to see you return!! ;)

I'll probably get lynched day one for some new bs. Posted Image

#18 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:45 PM

meh. out.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#19 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:51 PM

Mafia 27, 45.5 and 80 are benses. Was looking for D'reks one

#20 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:11 PM

Okay found the game and it was similar to Benses. Either way, check out Kurt 😂😂😂

View PostTattersail_, on 19 July 2011 - 09:07 PM, said:

Okay caught up and going to bed.

Vote Kurt

It was 50/50 out of those two. I originally put in kurt but he voted for roldom just because he was other option

night

View PostPath-Shaper, on 19 July 2011 - 10:49 PM, said:

End of Day 5
11 Players still alive: ansible, Grief, Gust Hubb, HiddenOne, Khellendros, Kurt Montandon, Mentalist, Roldom, Shinrei, Tattersail, Vengeance

6 votes to lynch, 6 votes to go to night.

6 Votes for Roldom ( Vengeance, ansible, Kurt Montandon, Mentalist, Gust Hubb, Grief )
3 Votes for Kurt Montandon ( Khellendros, HiddenOne, Tattersail )

Players not voted: Roldom, Shinrei

Following rumours from villagers that Meng Huo had followed the southern tributary of the Lu River, Ma Zhong's strike force commandeered boats and travelled upriver to the village of Xiang Ka. Large swathes of jungle had been cleared around the village. Cleared areas where tents had been set up and the remains of campfires were still visible all around. Ma Zhong deduced that Meng Huo must have gathered his defeated forces and sheltered in the village before continuing south. Seeing no defences in the village, the Yan soldiers entered in the dead of night and took command of the village. The village chieftain was found and questioned, but claimed no knowledge of Meng Huo. When asked about the signs of soldiers, the chieftain claimed it had been a training exercise of soldiers from Jian Ning. Ma Zhong ordered the chieftain executed, stole as much grain as his troops could carry and departed southwards after Meng Huo.

Roldom is dead. He was Gao Ding (town).

View PostPath-Shaper, on 20 July 2011 - 05:23 PM, said:

End of Day 6

6 votes to lynch, 5 votes to go to night.

6 Votes for Shinrei ( Kurt Montandon, Grief, Tattersail, ansible, Gust Hubb, Khellendros )
1 Vote for Kurt Montandon ( Shinrei )

Players not voted: HiddenOne, Mentalist, Vengeance

---

In Tulong Cave, a man eight spans tall clad in elephant hide and with a helmet made of the head of a crocodile marched into the village square and shouted "I am Dailai Dongzhu, brother-in-law and trusted lieutenant of the great King of Kings Meng Huo. The King of Kings summons all the southern Man to take up arms against the middle kingdoms. People of Tulong Cave, long have you been known for your mastery of the four poisonous springs and the awakening of vengeful river spirits. Come, you will gift these talents to our King of Kings!"

From atop his enormous tree stump, King Duosi stood for the first time in twenty years. The populace was so shaken they all fell to their knees before the great tree stump, but Dailai Dongzhu did not understand the remarkable feat and remained standing. This made him an easy target. King Duosi dropped his loin cloth, shouted "Here's my vengeful river spirit!" and let out an enormous golden stream into the face of Meng Huo's emissary.

Of course the emissary then shot him with an arrow.

Shinrei is dead. He was King Duosi (town)

View PostKurt Montandon, on 20 July 2011 - 05:59 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 20 July 2011 - 05:40 PM, said:

You must be laughing your head off right now Kurt.

Vote Kurt Montandon

See you guys later.

Laughing my ass off as I type. While drinking whiskey and smoking cheap cigars. Far from Folsom prison ...

I mean, holy sweet fuck! What more do I have to not do to make it obvious I'm scum? Rub my junk in everyone's face individually while screaming "Smell my taint! SMELL IT!!"?

I wander on into the thread about once a day, masturbate all over things, accomplish precisely jack and shit, contribute precisely dick, wander off, and then you idiots go and lynch someone else.

Gods, I wish I had an NK. Gust, you'd be dead now. Nothing personal, it's just that I have no fucking idea who you are, and noobs should die first, so that the game can turn into yet another inside-joke circle jerk. Well, you or Ment. It'd probably be a coin toss. Best two out of three, in fact. It might go as far as best six out of ten (does that make sense? I'm bad at math).

The best part is that even after you guys lynch me - assuming you don't realize that I'm totally a Symp deflecting from Kell - you'll just have to start all over again. I mean, who do I recruit next? Kell? He's my Master, so I can't recruit him. Or he's an Inno, because there's only one MH at a time, and I'll recruit him just to force you guys to waste an FK on him tonight. Or I don't, forcing you to lynch an Inno tomorrow. Or I recruit Venge for being unusually helpful, or Ment just to piss him off, or Grief, and on and on ...

I mean, you guys are going to have to snort wifom off a hooker's ass after this, and I'm both your dealer and the hooker's pimp.

Either way, I win.

View PostKurt Montandon, on 20 July 2011 - 06:08 PM, said:

Hello Mafia, look at your town. Now back at me. Now back at your town. Now back at me.

Sadly, you aren't scum.

But if you stopped paying fealty to the Emperor, you could swear loyalty to the King of Kings like me.

Look south. Now north. Where are you? You're in the Yan Dynasty, with scum your team-mates can't act like.

What's in your Inbox? I have it. It's a PM, with Path-Shaper telling you you're a roleless Inno in the town you love.

Look again. The message is now telling you you've been recruited.

Anything is possible when you play smooth and don't spam like a moron.

I'm on an elephant.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users