• You cannot reply to this topic

Monster Hunter World

#21 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:19 PM

View PostObdigore, on 07 February 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 07 February 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

Wait until the 13th and get Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Sure if you want to miss out on one of the greatest games of all time, and play what is the No Mans Sky of RPGs.

Heh, time will tell I guess! But greatest games of all time? People are already getting bored with repetitive gameplay and overlong hunts. From the few people I know playing it, anyway.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#22 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:17 AM

View PostBriar King, on 07 February 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

View PostAlternative Goose, on 07 February 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

Legolas, what does the internet search engine tell you about Montserhunters' file size?

I don’t see any particular reason to do this. I was asking for a more personal response cause I wanted to know how brutal of a wait I would have to suffer loading on the tortoise that is Xbone.

In all honesty, we can't answer that question. Your internet seems to be quite slow, at least based on your other reported times. But the best answer anyone can give you is the size of the game. Because the time to dl for you is going to be different than ours based on a bunch of factors.

Sure, it's kind of a dick move to just razz you about it like that, but essentially you were asking someone else to google publicly available information for you (as we can't give you any more specific time to dl info). So you were asking for an answer to the question "how long is a piece of string", basically. Thus, sarcasm. Because internet.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

"For the record, I'm pretty sure my mind was shouting 'CLICHESTORM' over and over again during the opening of Skyrim...just putting that out there.." - Me.

~Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.~

#23 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:01 AM

Like Silencer says, my post was in jest. The information you ask for isn't something any of us are going to carry around in our heads necessarily and it can be easily found by typing four words into google. Load times should be raltively standardized based on file size, so, if you're downloading a big game, expect long load times, etc. Use your own experience from installing other games to guess.

#24 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Kill the King

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:03 AM

While we're at it stop asking about games' GB, it makes my eyes bleed! GB is short for GigaByte, which is a unit of size of data, like a yard or pound. You don't ask someone what their inch is, you ask about their height.
All things fall, from kings to rose petals

#25 User is offline   Cause 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:10 AM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 08 February 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

While we're at it stop asking about games' GB, it makes my eyes bleed! GB is short for GigaByte, which is a unit of size of data, like a yard or pound. You don't ask someone what their inch is, you ask about their height.

Can this game pme played Solo, and have fun doing so. Or does it definitely encourage online play?

#26 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:32 PM

I will ask about and use GB as I want. Game boxes and online tell storage in GB. So yeah.

#27 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

Petty rivalry like this is what the monsters want, you fools!

We must unite to defeat them.

Also they are really big. Edit - Unlike the game, which is not very large at all.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 08 February 2018 - 03:58 PM

Monster Hunter World: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack

#28 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:45 PM

Yeah! That''s like asking me how many inches my penis is. I go by the yard. Hey Yooooooo!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#29 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:22 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 February 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

Yeah! That''s like asking me how many inches my penis is. I go by the yard. Hey Yooooooo!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Why did you change this thread from being about Monster Hunter World, to being about your penis size insecurities?

#30 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:31 PM

View PostObdigore, on 08 February 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 February 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

Why did you change this thread from being about Monster Hunter World, to being about your penis size insecurities?

Ohhhhh. Monster Hunter World is a video game. I thought it was about my penis. Sorry. Carry on about the video game discussion. I'll make a separate thread about the size of my penis. Posted ImagePosted Image

#31 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

What's his name, Brynjah? Satan? ... he made a thread about that once I think. The thread didn't stay up long. If you know what I'm sayin'.

#32 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:53 AM

85% chance I will buy this tomorrow. Jace is home sick and demanding I play this asap so I suppose I ll indulge him sooner then I planned on.

A ? for Xboxers. Am I just missing it or does the game pages on store not include GB sizes? I looked through several games and saw no mention on any what the GB was. GB is included on each game page on PS.

I hope I’m not that blind!

Xbox had a much better trailer on store then PS. Thought they would be the same. I really need to commit myself to use this thing more then I have been.

This post has been edited by Briar King: 09 February 2018 - 04:40 AM

#33 User is offline   Cause 

• God

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:50 AM

So how is this game solo?

#34 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:26 PM

View PostCause, on 09 February 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

So how is this game solo?

Great.

I've played all the story solo, which I completed last night.

I answered 'SOS's for multiplayer, where you fly in and help other people with quests. It was fun.

Monsters hit harder and do more damage in Multiplayer, but there is 4 of you, so that's fun.

Even though I completed the main story (after about 70 hours because I kept grinding for better gear and stuff, you can probably do it in 40 if you rush it and are really good), there is a whole additional 'end-game' level that I haven't dipped my monster hunting toes in yet.

#35 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:14 PM

Bought!

Xbone

#36 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:44 PM

I want to murder this Handler. Annoying! This facial animation is cringeworthy. Beautiful scenes.

#37 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:35 PM

Shitty combat. I had absolutely no clue what I was doing. Button mashing. Completely lost.

Not a very good game at present.

Ah good found the training area. Gonna do that for awhile before I go any further. Maybe I just didn’t have the right weapon for those Jagars things. Gonna try the twin dagger for a bit.

Meh. Tried various weapons. There doesn’t seem to be precision to any swings. I’m sure this is just require lots of practice. My excitement has really dropped honestly.

This post has been edited by Briar King: 10 February 2018 - 01:01 AM

#38 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:52 AM

So what I'm hearing is, you picked up a game and expected it to be extremely easy, and are sad you can't just roflcopterstomp your way through it?

#39 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:41 AM

I have a glowing beetle on my arm I can send to attack things. Awesome.

Sure wish they had some actual enemies in training room instead of motionless fucking barrels. I had an easier time out the gate on Dark Souls combat. Here I’m just hitting the air. Really beautiful game. Took a 3 hr break to watch opening ceremony of Olympics so hopefully that helps. Looking forward to my 2nd mission.

#40 User is offline   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:05 AM

Now that was MUCH BETTER! I felt the pressure on that one. Fainted once on the great jagars. Man that took forever way to many items got in my way and I didn’t realize I was timed. I just started passing shit up. Kinda overwhelming info blasts there on what’s what.

Enjoyed that 2nd one but I gotta take a break for the night. Time for ambien and a bit of Reapers Gale.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users