Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Quick Question

#1 User is offline   nicetrout 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:52 AM

Back reading Toll the Hounds again. So Gruntle just left hood's realm after returning to it with Master Quell, they talked to all the undead folk we kind of know already and additionally saw an undead dragon that Master Quell freed afterwards. Is this the undead dragon from the Nascent?

If not, is it just that they are two undead dragons that are unrelated? That seems confusing to me. But if it isn't doesn't that mean time gets wibbly wobbly?

Please help

#2 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

View Postnicetrout, on 25 October 2017 - 03:52 AM, said:

Back reading Toll the Hounds again. So Gruntle just left hood's realm after returning to it with Master Quell, they talked to all the undead folk we kind of know already and additionally saw an undead dragon that Master Quell freed afterwards. Is this the undead dragon from the Nascent?

If not, is it just that they are two undead dragons that are unrelated? That seems confusing to me. But if it isn't doesn't that mean time gets wibbly wobbly?

Please help

I'm a bit apprehensive as I'm not really sure what info you get in which book, but as far as I am aware by TtH you already can guess who the undead dragon was that the Silanda crew encountered in the Nascent in Deadhouse Gates (I assume at least that is the one that you are referring to). Heboric said that the dragon was a T'Lan Imass bonecaster. The undead dragon that escapes Hood's realm in TtH is a different dragon (Tiste).
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:01 PM

The undead dragon that Felisin and co hitched a ride with as they escaped the Nascent in DG was identified at the end of the book (guarding the Path of Hands) as an Imass Bonecaster. This is Olar Ethil, who we met again towards the end of MoI.

The undead dragon that bursts out of the gate in TtH was bound in Hood's realm up until then, so it cannot be the same.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:22 PM

I think it's fair to point out that nobody in Hood's realm is undead, they're just dead. Once they leave Hood's Realm, at that point you can say they are undead.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:05 AM

Technically they aren't undead. Just dead but not lying around being lazy about it.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#6 User is offline   nicetrout 

• Sergeant

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for all the answers it helped clear it up. Never been good at keep tracking of the different T'lan imass titles. Anyway I finished TTH, great ending of course, I plan on reading stonewielder before the final two but I heard somebody say I should read OST before 9. Is that true?

#7 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 05 November 2017 - 02:07 PM

Nah, you are better off reading OST after tCG I think. I believe time-wise it sits concurrent with or slightly after the tCG timeline.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 05 November 2017 - 02:08 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#8 User is offline   nicetrout 

• Sergeant

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:11 PM

Thanks!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users