Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for Clarification Just a Quick Q

#1 User is offline   nicetrout 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:38 PM

Hey finally getting into Toll the Hounds, bout 300 pages in, read ROTCG before this and enjoyed that. Now in regard to Duiker/Antsy/Mallet/Hedge I remember we had a scene with them in Darujihstan at the end of Memories of Ice but like why are they alive? I remember at one point thinking that maybe the ascended, but Why aren't they all dead?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:48 PM

Duiker was brought back by Baruk, as he had the Soulcatcher originally send to Coltaine in Deadhouse Gates. Antsy and Mallet never died, they survived the Siege of Coral. And Hedge didn't, but he travelled through the underworld until he found the Refugium and came back to live there, in Reaper's Gale.

Does a ghost with unlimited Moranth munition count as an Ascendant?

#3 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:49 PM

Hedge died in Moi together with most of the other Bridgeburners, but after some time wandering around as a ghost (house of chains, bonehunters) he got resurrected in reaper's gale. The other guys that you mention all survived MOI but were allowed to 'retire' by Dujek, so they bought a pub in Darujistan. So there you have Antsey, Blend, Picker, Duiker, mallet and probably a few others that I cannot remember.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:51 PM

They retired after the show down in the Panion Domin. Took their leave. What ever you want to call it. Strictly speaking I think the BB's went AWOL. But the Empire forgives it.

As for Duiker, remember that bauble that the Trygalle Trade Guild arrived with in Deadhouse Gates, that Coltain gave to Duiker? It somehow aided him in being ressurected in Darujistan.

#5 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:51 PM

Antsy never died. Badly wounded, healed by Envy in MoI. Mallet never died.

Duiker was resurrected by Baruk under the impression he was Coltaine.

Hedge is more complicated over several books, but I don't believe he had a scene at the end of MoI.

The bridgeburners ascended, which is part of what explains Hedge.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#6 User is offline   nicetrout 

• Sergeant

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:53 PM

Thanks!

Forget some stuff, you know how Malazan goes

#7 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

View Postnicetrout, on 26 July 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

Thanks!

Forget some stuff, you know how Malazan goes

Don't worry about it. By your third series reread it all starts to almost come together. -_-
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#8 User is offline   nicetrout 

• Sergeant

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

Another quick question I was hoping could get answered.

I guess I'm hazy on what happened with Clip in regard to the confrontation in starvald demelain at the end of RG. What is going on with the Nimander and Clip whole contingency? Honestly I'm pretty confused about what they are doing, where they came from and who many are? Like I know they're was the...bluerose I think it was called. That like Tiste Andii faction on Letheras thats where they met them but what's going on now?

Thanks

#9 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:44 PM

Clip is leading the sons and daughters of Anomander to Black Coral to confront him for leaving them at Drift Avali. Withal and Sandalath Drukorlat gathered them in Reapers Gale where Twilight was gathering her people on the island. Withal chucked one off a balcony and those two followed Twilight. Clip took the others and led them to Black Coral.

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 19 August 2017 - 05:44 PM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users