• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ozark Jason Bateman Crime family drama

#1 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:00 PM

Is anyone else watching this? I love Jason Bateman so I thought that I would give it a try and it is pretty good. I am 3 episodes in and it is pretty good.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#2 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:05 PM

#3 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:23 AM

Huh, so it's not just about people shagging their cousins and oxycontin abuse? There you go.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#4 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

It is on my list to check out, but shows have been known to linger there awhile. Working against it is I prefer Bateman in comedy and prefer Linney in nothing ever.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#5 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:22 PM

View PostVengeance, on 25 July 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

Is anyone else watching this? I love Jason Bateman so I thought that I would give it a try and it is pretty good. I am 3 episodes in and it is pretty good.

We started this last night based on your post since we just finished up Westworld (AWESOME!) last weekend and didn't have much to turn to at the moment. My wife, daughter and I all like Jason Bateman also and the premise seemed interesting. We watched the first 3 eps. I agree, its pretty good. Some parts are perhaps a little over the top and the basic premise is not exactly easily relateable for most people, but it definitely has our attention. Jason's character, Marty, is the most interesting and I think 2nd most might be Ruth, imo. That girl seems to be quite the piece of work!

I did comment a couple times during the 3 eps that Jason does seem to always play characters that have certain things happen to them almost every single time. Identity Thief was the only thing I could think off the top of my head where his character was not in one of those particular situations. But its really of little consequence to this show and, in fact, adds to the tension and drama in this particular case. We will definitely be continuing.

#6 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 26 July 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 25 July 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

We started this last night based on your post since we just finished up Westworld (AWESOME!) last weekend and didn't have much to turn to at the moment. My wife, daughter and I all like Jason Bateman also and the premise seemed interesting. We watched the first 3 eps. I agree, its pretty good. Some parts are perhaps a little over the top and the basic premise is not exactly easily relateable for most people, but it definitely has our attention. Jason's character, Marty, is the most interesting and I think 2nd most might be Ruth, imo. That girl seems to be quite the piece of work!

I did comment a couple times during the 3 eps that Jason does seem to always play characters that have certain things happen to them almost every single time. Identity Thief was the only thing I could think off the top of my head where his character was not in one of those particular situations. But its really of little consequence to this show and, in fact, adds to the tension and drama in this particular case. We will definitely be continuing.

It isn't nearly as good as west world but it is building right along. The plot is tight. There are some things that I think they could have done with out but over all so far so good.

#7 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

View PostBriar King, on 26 July 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

I ll try ep 1

Episode 1 is tight.

#8 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:08 PM

I just finished the first season. Man it ends fucking well.

#9 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:50 AM

View PostDown South, on 02 August 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

Good to hear. I just finished 8 and I admit to being bored for the 1st time.
Spoiler

Just finished Ep 8. I had seen your post earlier but forgot if you referenced which ep started to bore you. When I just now came here, I wasn't surprised it was this one.
Spoiler

Pretty impressed by this show at this point and we've got the final 2 eps to go, probably tomorrow night.

This post has been edited by paran falcon: 11 September 2018 - 01:37 AM

#10 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:09 AM

View PostDown South, on 04 August 2017 - 02:59 AM, said:

I don't think it was. Though you could be right. I ll have to let some time pass and go back to see but I thought it was linear.

Have you paid attention to the symbols each ep?

I have. Pretty cool idea; not sure that I've seen something like that before. Gives you something to look for and puzzle out during each ep.

#11 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:35 AM

View PostDown South, on 04 August 2017 - 03:14 AM, said:

View Postparan falcon, on 04 August 2017 - 03:09 AM, said:

View PostDown South, on 04 August 2017 - 02:59 AM, said:

I don't think it was. Though you could be right. I ll have to let some time pass and go back to see but I thought it was linear.

Have you paid attention to the symbols each ep?

I have. Pretty cool idea; not sure that I've seen something like that before. Gives you something to look for and puzzle out during each ep.

I liked the eyeballs. Cool to see it play out.

Let me know how you find Bateman as a director. He did 1,2,9,10.

9&10 are fantastic as fuck

Just finished the season. WOW. This is a show that I wasn't immediately sure I would continue to like all that much but it got better and better as it went along. Very good tension building, many really good characters and not a whole lot that was too far over the top. And Jason Bateman can absolutely direct, in my opinion. Eps 9 and 10 were brilliant. I was afraid that what might be set up for a 2nd season would turn into a mess in a hurry but I don't think that now. Some really clever ideas that should be able to prevent that. I truly hope a 2nd season is in the works.

Really, really impressed and very glad we gave it a shot.

#12 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:04 AM

View PostDown South, on 05 August 2017 - 03:42 AM, said:

Glad y'all liked it!

We made it to ep 6 before he left. He really dug it as well obviously or we wouldn't have made it that far. I reminded him to rate it afterward so we could have a shot at S2.

Bateman really surprised me with the level of quality of his eps esp 9&10.

I also really dug how ep10 was 80mins long.

Indeed. We had to rewind once in the aftermath of the Snell house events and I was surprised to see there was still 21 minutes left.

Just checked and its not been awarded a 2nd season yet. C'mon Netflix! We gave it a 5 star rating.

#13 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:57 PM

Going to rewatch S1 so we can go right into S2 with it all fresh. It'll be interesting to see if it impresses as much the 2nd time through. I'm guessing it will...

#14 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 11 September 2018 - 01:31 AM

Just finished episode 6. After ep 4 I almost came and posted that I was afraid the "scope" was expanding too large and wouldn't be able to remain believable. And that maybe S2 wasn't going to be quite as good as S1. Then we watched 5 and 6. Intensity ramps up and if you weren't sold before, you were now! Nearly every single character on this show is being played incredibly well too, imo. Really well done, all around.
BK, I think I know what you're referring to about needing an explanation:
Spoiler

100% back in on this show.

#15 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:06 PM

Finished S2 last night. Again, somewhere in the last 4 eps, I began to worry that they were trying to do too much. But as events kept unfolding, the performances were riveting. Some of these events I expected/saw coming and some most definitely not. I think what may have me impressed the most is that they've laid the groundwork for a 3rd season that is very plausible. That alone is an accomplishment, imo. And we will definitely be in for S3. The writing and acting performances on this show are just stellar.
A few random thoughts:
Spoiler

Overall a great second season. Either as good as its impressive S1 or just barely less than. S3 should be quite interesting.

#16 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 01 April 2020 - 10:59 AM

My god, this show deserves the highest possible praise, if for no other reason than the fact that it continues to find ways to ramp up the tension after you've become sure there isn't anything else that could possibly happen. I thought this after the first 3 eps and then again after 6 and they proved me very wrong indeed. Through 8 now with 2 to go and I'm just amazed how they manage it. I went through the last season thinking the same thing and was wrong then too. Jason Bateman should be getting awards by the wheelbarrow load for his work on and off camera.

#17 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:01 PM

View PostBriar King, on 01 April 2020 - 07:37 PM, said:

PF I've been surprising myself and fucking fighting the urge not to watch it so fast. Huge difference from last 2 seasons but I'm stopped after 4 episodes past few days just incase shit really goes bad with the corona I ll have more things to watch on official lockdown.

It was sooo fucking good though ugh... it's been hell fighting to urge to continue.

We'll probably finish tonight. It has been amazing with some great jaw droppers. You're only through 4 eps? That's some willpower! I'm not worried about wrapping it up as I've got my daughter reading The Eye of the World (before the WoT tv show can ruin it before she reads at least some of it) and she's liking it and I'm going to re-read it with her.

Florida's governor just announced essentially a mandatory stay home except for trips for essentials for 2 weeks to the whole month, starting at midnight Thursday.

#18 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:19 AM

HOLY F@CK!!!!!!!! Take everything I said before and multiply it by 11 for eps 9 and 10, OMFG. This show...I'm out of things to say. Laura Linney and whoever is playing her character's brother both should rake in awards along with Jason Bateman.

#19 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:36 PM

View PostBriar King, on 07 April 2020 - 07:08 PM, said:

Oh I only watched through Ep 3. Thought I watched through 4.

Turning on in 3, 2...

Think I ll watch some Mobile Suit Gundam instead and save Ozark for a bit longer down the road.

You teasing son of a...lol. You even counted down!

#20 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 09 April 2020 - 12:54 PM

View PostBriar King, on 09 April 2020 - 04:12 AM, said:

Bruh holy shit this is popping off! Ep 6
Spoiler

Taking a break tonight since it's Ambien time but I suspect 7-10 will be binged tomorrow after this hook setting.

Also BK prediction time on something unfolding after that Ep. I think
Spoiler

Yeah, you will not want to stop during those last 4 eps. You are in for a ride!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users