Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question on Reasts power

#1 User is offline   TheHoundsCall 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:54 PM

So I finished GotM first read. Loved the book despite what many people say about it. The question I have is if Quick Ben has 7 warrens then how come the jaghut with Omotose Phellack was able to over power him (not to mention the dragons). If this is a RAFO then please no spoilers. I think it has to do with his race... but I'm not sure. It was just said that he was super powerful and didn't really explain why

#2 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:52 AM

View PostTheHoundsCall, on 16 July 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

So I finished GotM first read. Loved the book despite what many people say about it. The question I have is if Quick Ben has 7 warrens then how come the jaghut with Omotose Phellack was able to over power him (not to mention the dragons). If this is a RAFO then please no spoilers. I think it has to do with his race... but I'm not sure. It was just said that he was super powerful and didn't really explain why

It isn't really a question of how many warrens, but how much power can be channelled through one warren.

Any Jaghut is tremendously powerful. A Tyrant has God-level power. No mortal mage stood a chance.

#3 User is offline   TheHoundsCall 

• Corporal

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:49 AM

Ok so are all the founding races powerful like the jaghut? I know T'lan Imass are powerful but were they powerful before they made their oaths? I hope SE expands on this history it's fascinating

This post has been edited by TheHoundsCall: 17 July 2017 - 01:51 AM

#4 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:05 AM

All the rest of the books take place on a different planet. You never learn anything further about the characters or history of GotM. Posted Image
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:04 AM

Ignore worry, he's ... special.

Andorion's answer is correct... Raest had more power in his one limited warren than QB had in his multiple warrens. You saw Reast take on five dragons before that, and all without his finnest.

Founding Races are RAFO, but you won't be dissappointed.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:26 AM

I'd specify that Raest is not a typical Jaghut, he's a "Jaghut Tyrant". A kind of Jaghut that ruled over the Imass and probably other creatures, like Greek gods. While it's not certain that all Tyrants are as powerful as Raest, it is certain that Raest was extremely powerful and very cruel.

Most likely Raest is the Jaghut equivelant of a human Ascendant. Ascendants being people/creatures that have surpassed and moved way beyond the limitations of their people/race/species.

This post has been edited by Seduce Goose: 17 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

#7 User is offline   Joyful Onion 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:59 AM

Age has a bearing on how much power one can wield.

It's discussed in MoI.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users