Malazan Empire: From Malazan to beyond - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

From Malazan to beyond To drive the story on.

#1 User is offline   Draconus Suzerain Of Night 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:35 PM

Hello everyone,

I have absolutely loved reading and enjoying this book series. I have never before read such a series, with depth of characters and universe. I think that this series should be made in to a tv series. I would propose either HBO or Netflix. They have done a great job with Game of Thrones, which pales in comparison to the Malazan story. Netflix is picking up the Witcher story line. Let me know what people think.

Sincerely,
The Suzerain Of Night

#2 User is offline   James Hutton 

• High Scholar of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:35 PM

Well, opinions may vary, but I think it'd be very difficult to translate the depth of these characters to the screen. Since imo most of that depth comes from their inner dialogue. How do you get that on screen? In the short amount of time available in a series?
Secret message: "Keep up the good work, yours truly"

#3 User is offline   Draconus Suzerain Of Night 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:26 PM

View PostJames Hutton, on 18 June 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

Well, opinions may vary, but I think it'd be very difficult to translate the depth of these characters to the screen. Since imo most of that depth comes from their inner dialogue. How do you get that on screen? In the short amount of time available in a series?

So I've thought about that a little. I would think that the best way to do that would be through an animated series like bleach. It always for far greater depth of character development. We all hate the stupid filler episodes in these series, but imagine if it was all great dialog in those episode with the great character development that we get from the book.

Suzerain Of Night

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users