Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slaughter at Aren

#1 User is offline   zenor 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

I just read chapter 21 of MOI and alot of information was given out by Dujek and WhiskeyJack in this chapter.
For the most part ive understood it. But one piece of info in this chpter is down right contradictory.

Dujek and WJ say that Kellenved ordered the slaughter at aren after he ascended. That is wasn't Laseen who gave the order.
But in DG cotillion (dancer) remembers talking to Lassen about the slaughter (Implying it happened before they ascended) and that kell didn't do it.
Also all information in the wiki leads to the conclusion that it happened before they ascended.

What really happened? Who ordered the Imass? Kell or Laseen? COULD Laseen even order them?
Personally i think it happened before they ascended. But then why would Kell do it?

Maybe its just a mistake on part of Erickson.

Any ideas?

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:42 PM

Malazan Broken Telephone.
It's just like normal broken telephone, only instead of whispering a phrase from one person to the next, you stab the person next to you with one of those bone-phones Whiskeyjack had in GotM and then scream information at them to pass on to the next victim.

...also, RAFO. It comes up again.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

zenor, on 01 June 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

I just read chapter 21 of MOI and alot of information was given out by Dujek and WhiskeyJack in this chapter.
For the most part ive understood it. But one piece of info in this chpter is down right contradictory.

Dujek and WJ say that Kellenved ordered the slaughter at aren after he ascended. That is wasn't Laseen who gave the order.
But in DG cotillion (dancer) remembers talking to Lassen about the slaughter (Implying it happened before they ascended) and that kell didn't do it.
Also all information in the wiki leads to the conclusion that it happened before they ascended.

What really happened? Who ordered the Imass? Kell or Laseen? COULD Laseen even order them?
Personally i think it happened before they ascended. But then why would Kell do it?

Maybe its just a mistake on part of Erickson.

Any ideas?

You are right it is contradictory. That is on purpose. You have 2 high ranking members of the military talking about something that they weren't involved in but had just heard about. Then earlier you have one of the heads of the empire talking about what happened and not knowing who order the slaughter. Think about it like this if Laseen order the slaughter then what would she get out of admitting it. Far better to blame your predecessor and have that fall on his feet. If Khell order it then why would he bother to say anything as he is now a god and couldn't care. It is in Laseens interests that everyone believe that She didn't order it so she blames Khell. People like Wiskey and Dujek know Khell and know that Laseen couldn't have ordered the massacre so it makes sense that Khell might have. They don't know why he would other then to undermine Laseen. The only person who knows for sure one way or another what really happened is the one who ordered it. What SE is showing us is how hard it is to put actual responsibility for actions. Read on and enjoy.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#4 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:57 PM

Blame it on Fake News.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users