Malazan Empire: Mafia 142.5 - Bauchelain & Korbal Broach Game Thread - Malazan Empire

• 59 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 142.5 - Bauchelain & Korbal Broach Game Thread

#1101 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:24 AM

Started making a chart. Went to refresh the page, and now my PC is hanging. Thankfully, it's not the one iu use for work.

So, did Merrid ever give us his thoughts on the matter?

#1102 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:25 AM

:D no, looks like he did not.

And Amp, are you gonna answer my question or not?

#1103 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:27 AM

You mean that insulting rhetorical question?

#1104 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:31 AM

Assuming kilava and Galain not around to switch, we'd need a full consensus.

Until I hear more substance from them, I'm not ready to make the call on Merrid. And I don't trust Amp.

Which leaves me with Galain and Amp as options.

Due to just about everyone calling him a potential symp, thus potentially masking him as killer, it makes the most sense to me to lynch him, based on D-day scenario, since he is easiest to link to any remaining scum suspect.

#1105 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:34 AM

View PostAmpelas, on 17 May 2017 - 12:27 AM, said:

You mean that insulting rhetorical question?

I don't know what you find so rhetorical about asking to explain why you omit evidence that directly contradicts your case. You know how I play: I look for inconsistencies in players' arguments. Yours has a gaping one, and it makes me feel you're acting scummy.

#1106 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:37 AM

Ok, in your vein, asking for repetition, tell me what is contradicting me? I read back through and I see a person playing all angles, jumping from thought to thought, not voting me, then voting me, then etc etc. I mean I see where he stroked your ego a couple of times. So tell me, what are you getting at Rash.

#1107 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:40 AM

Since when do I act scummy when I am actually scum? That's the think I don't understand with Kilava. He said he alted me, basically. And if he has, he knows that when I am scum, I a smooth and untouchable. In this case, I have all sorts of things dogging me from day 1. I feel like Kilava is skewing the evidence (and I point out how he ends up voting on me, something you haven't commented on much Rash). So what am I missing here?

#1108 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:42 AM

What I'm getting at, is he got into a major verbal spat with SR, when SR had 2 votes on him. As a result of said spat, SR produced the "poor jokes" that led others to vote him.

This does not, to me, seem like play of a non-committal scum. A suicidal one, possibly. A super-clever one, possibly. But certainly not a non-commital one.

Yet you never once acknowledge these interactions, in all your many quotes of Kilava. Moreover, your own vote on Kilava came about just when this interaction between SR and Kilava was taking place.

Is it really that hard to understand why I may find your reasoning to be less than solid?

#1109 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:45 AM

Fuck it, this is going nowhere, and I have a fuckton of work to get through.

vote Galain

This is my best best in a D-day scenario of hitting one of a possible pair.

If it turns out JPK was the symp all alone, we'll, I'll be exasperated over how much time we wasted on this game.

#1110 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:46 AM

View PostRashan, on 17 May 2017 - 12:42 AM, said:

What I'm getting at, is he got into a major verbal spat with SR, when SR had 2 votes on him. As a result of said spat, SR produced the "poor jokes" that led others to vote him.

This does not, to me, seem like play of a non-committal scum. A suicidal one, possibly. A super-clever one, possibly. But certainly not a non-commital one.

Yet you never once acknowledge these interactions, in all your many quotes of Kilava. Moreover, your own vote on Kilava came about just when this interaction between SR and Kilava was taking place.

Is it really that hard to understand why I may find your reasoning to be less than solid?

Yeah, if there was any risk of Kilava getting lynched. You can tell when a day 1 case is going no where, and I rarely see a day 1 case succeed based on "he's playing too smooth." On the other hand, most people bang their heads against the wall when they realize the day 1 instincts are spot on. Yes we hit scum day 1. Yay. But we haven't since nor have we prevented NKs. This Russian Roulette Kilava proposed is working like a gem.

That case on Kilava wasn't ending up in a lynch, but those are the cases you keep watching and putting pressure on. Because people are most in character on day 1 in my experience.

#1111 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:48 AM

My suspicion of Kilava preceded SR's interest. SR hopped on my suspicion, not vise versa.

#1112 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:48 AM

You have time Rash before your late night. Why not give us your list as you said you would.

#1113 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:51 AM

:D K, well we apparently get another 36 hours to squabble. Catch you all later.

#1114 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:52 AM

Time check someone?

#1115 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:53 AM

But that's my whole point, I'm showing you evidence that's making me think he wasn't playing smooth- he made SR garner votes and you're flat-out ignoring it, and telling me he was all over the place. When it were SR's responses to Kilava that made more people got "WTF? Let's vote SR" .
Yes, both me and Nim were banging that drum before him, but he did play a part, and it's stupid to ignore that, when it's on thread for all to see.

#1116 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:54 AM

View PostAmpelas, on 17 May 2017 - 12:48 AM, said:

You have time Rash before your late night. Why not give us your list as you said you would.

I told you, my PC died. Besides, I'd rather finally hear what the fuck Merrid thinks after a re-read before giving more thoughts.

#1117 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:56 AM

Here, my thoughts as of yesterday night:

View PostRashan, on 16 May 2017 - 03:59 AM, said:

So, having finished a re-read:

Ampelas is suspicious as fuck. They've been tiptoeing around Kilava, but they completely ignore the fact that Kilava applied early pressure on SR without voting. Despite producing pretty large breakdowns of Kilava's quotes, the interaction with SR is never brought up. This severely diminishes the merit of their case, and their interpretation of Kilava's play. In addition, they've made half-hearted accusations at Merrid, and subscribe to the idea that Galain is a possible symp

Galain is also suspicious as fuck. Going beyond their passionate defense of SR and their dodgy Day 2 play around the Denul train, they've been making poor cases (latching onto angry Day 1 comments by Merrid, and making the same misrep case on Kilava as Amp). It's almost as if they are trying too hard to be symp. When it comes to SR's lynch they were on their own crusading Osseric train, which isn't a bad place to be, as long as you maintain your hard-headedness about it. They are quite literally the only player who can be symped by virtually anyone, because labelling them as symp is a great place for a killer to hide.

Merrid: mostly all we've heard from Merrid is a lot of anger. There's been no real effort at making cases. They were vote 3 on SR, which speaks in their favour, and vote 3 on Denul, which really doesn't as it looks like a lazy, "easy pickings" "he slipped!" vote. Beyond that we've had Galain make a weak case on them (and with his syp cred that does mkes them look more inno), Kilava PIed them due to the anger, and Amp is on the fence, but more concerned with Kilava.

Kilava: I actually find that Kilava's most clear-cut day was Day 1. Following that they have not really stuck out, spending a lot of time defending (admittedly from BS-sounding cases), and debating mechanics and set-up with Nim. Theyagree with me on Amp (which can be OMGUS-ish), and find Galain to be a symp (which would do him good as a killer). They also seem to meta-clear Merrid.

In terms of pure math and number of connections, I would be voting Galain for a mathematically most likely chance of hitting scum.

In terms of inconsistencies and pure killer behaviour, I would pick Ampelas.

Merrid has not given me enough to work with, I would need some actual analysis and opinion from him before I can make a decision on the merits of his reasoning

Kilava strikes me as least likely scum at this point.

Note for Nim: I have not considered NKs in this, because WIFOM.

Only thing to change over the day is Galain coming up with the "flamethrower" catch on Merrid. Literally the only big development.

#1118 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:57 AM

View PostMerrid, on 17 May 2017 - 12:52 AM, said:

Time check someone?

Should be one min past timeout

I'm out, cuz I got a metric shitton of material to get through.

#1119 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:58 AM

View PostRashan, on 17 May 2017 - 12:54 AM, said:

View PostAmpelas, on 17 May 2017 - 12:48 AM, said:

I told you, my PC died. Besides, I'd rather finally hear what the fuck Merrid thinks after a re-read before giving more thoughts.

As Merrid previously said Monday went to shit. I don't have 3 hours, at work, to re-read. I need to sleep too. You got my thoughts on your thoughts, that was all I was capable of yesterday morning.

It's not my preferred choice by a way but I'll go with Rashan on this.

Remove Vote

Vote Galain

#1120 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:03 AM

View PostRashan, on 17 May 2017 - 12:57 AM, said:

View PostMerrid, on 17 May 2017 - 12:52 AM, said:

Time check someone?

Should be one min past timeout

I'm out, cuz I got a metric shitton of material to get through.

Fucks sake.

Share this topic:

• 59 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users