Malazan Empire: All posts automatically bolding in one thread. - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All posts automatically bolding in one thread.

#1 User is online   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:10 AM

Over in the mafia sub, every post by every user posting has been having an automatic bold effect added to it. It only seems to be happening in that one thread though. Any ideas what may have caused this?

https://forum.malaza...r/page__st__200. It starts at post #218.

#2 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:18 AM

I can't see the issue on ip mobile skin. I'll have to check it out when I'm at home on my computer.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#3 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:44 AM

View PostSilencer, on 27 April 2017 - 07:18 AM, said:

I can't see the issue on ip mobile skin. I'll have to check it out when I'm at home on my computer.

It's been solved by appearance of a new page of the thread, plus apparently JPK has figured it out at the same time anyway so I guess it's good
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#4 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:06 PM

Too many quote and bold block tags and somehow one opening [ b] got applied to the whole page, it seems. Weird, must just be a software glitch when you have a particular combination of tags in a page.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#5 User is online   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:06 AM

View PostD, on 27 April 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

Too many quote and bold block tags and somehow one opening [ b] got applied to the whole page, it seems. Weird, must just be a software glitch when you have a particular combination of tags in a page.

Yeah, that's exactly what it seemed to be. When I used path-shaper to delete all the bolding tags (open and close) from the post that originated the issue, it cleared up the rest of the page.

Sorry I forgot to update here that I figured it out, but at least people will know what to look for as a fix if it somehow pops up again.

#6 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:29 AM

Ah, that's one of the little quirks of code tags. I'm pretty sure the editor checks for sufficient open and close tags for things like quotes, but I don't think it does it for formatting tags. Blegh.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#7 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:31 AM

View PostJPK, on 28 April 2017 - 02:06 AM, said:

Yeah, that's exactly what it seemed to be. When I used path-shaper to delete all the bolding tags (open and close) from the post that originated the issue, it cleared up the rest of the page.

Sorry I forgot to update here that I figured it out, but at least people will know what to look for as a fix if it somehow pops up again.

No worries, it got resolved, which is the important thing.

Also, your current avatar is amazing! Though much as I am enjoying Pokemon Sun (nice to have a noticeable change of setting and some new quirks to old favourites), I think I preferred Y. XD

Shinrei said:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users