• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Carvings in Bone Pass

#1 User is offline   Lachgar Yassin 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:57 AM

Hi guys.
Chapter two HoC, Karsa, Delum find carvings inside cave Phalk called Bone Pass. The glyphs are carved by a Jaghut, who talks about how he's applying the Isolation Law set by Icarium and how he will divide the remaining Jaghut into families and separate. Karsa reads this passage from one of the glyphs.

"I have given these new tribes names, the names given by my father for his sons.” And then a list. “Baryd, Sanyd, Phalyd, Urad, Gelad, Manyd, Rathyd and Lanyd. These, then, shall be the new tribes . . .”"

As I can see these names are similar to the tribes we've seen in chapter one, like the Uryd (Karsa's tribe), there's also the Rathyd. So my question is these tribes are Jaghut right? (correct me if I am wrong). And is SE telling us that the Uryd tribes is the of spring of some old Jaghut tribe or what? *head spinning*

Thanks in advance.
Humility and meekness are my closest cousins.

#2 User is offline   James Hutton 

• High Scholar of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:34 AM

View PostLachgar Yassin, on 09 April 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

Hi guys.
Chapter two HoC, Karsa, Delum find carvings inside cave Phalk called Bone Pass. The glyphs are carved by a Jaghut, who talks about how he's applying the Isolation Law set by Icarium and how he will divide the remaining Jaghut into families and separate. Karsa reads this passage from one of the glyphs.

"I have given these new tribes names, the names given by my father for his sons." And then a list. "Baryd, Sanyd, Phalyd, Urad, Gelad, Manyd, Rathyd and Lanyd. These, then, shall be the new tribes . . .""

As I can see these names are similar to the tribes we've seen in chapter one, like the Uryd (Karsa's tribe), there's also the Rathyd. So my question is these tribes are Jaghut right? (correct me if I am wrong). And is SE telling us that the Uryd tribes is the of spring of some old Jaghut tribe or what? *head spinning*

Thanks in advance.

No, these were and are Teblor tribes, not Jaghut. The tribes were seperated by Jaghut though.
Secret message: "Keep up the good work, yours truly"

#3 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:18 PM

You have to take it within its context. The writings are not from a Jaghut, but a Teblor elder who - following the advice of Icarium - took the few Teblor survivors who remained after whatever big scrap had just happened (I forgot, sorry) and, in order to enable the Teblor as a race to survive, split the couple of families left into several tribes, which he named after his own family members/brothers. Then he bid them to forget all but their earliest and most violent legends, which would enable them to mix their blood by raiding and raping but also to hopefully reduce the inbreeding, which at the time of HoC is still rampant, considering Karsa had something like ten siblings crippled by inbreeding who had to be abandoned in the forest. The only Jaghut involved was Icarium, and he was only advising the Teblor.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users