• You cannot reply to this topic

Destiny 2 Gather Guardians and prepare yourselves

#81 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:47 PM

View PostSilencer, on 08 September 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 08 September 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

My brother and I have been talking about taking up another co-op shooter to play together. We've previously done all the halo games and all the gears of war games, playing through the campaign mostly. So, what is the Destiny 2 campaign like, is it actually worth playing through for the storytelling?

Anyway. Rather than getting into pointless Facebook flame wars over it figured I'd just post here. :p

Fuck you and your anti Bungie agenda!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#82 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:55 PM

Posted Image

#83 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:55 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 08 September 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

My brother and I have been talking about taking up another co-op shooter to play together. We've previously done all the halo games and all the gears of war games, playing through the campaign mostly. So, what is the Destiny 2 campaign like, is it actually worth playing through for the storytelling?

Anyway. Rather than getting into pointless Facebook flame wars over it figured I'd just post here. :p

Fuck you and your anti Bungie agenda!

I look forward to the reaction of people without context for that. XD

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

"For the record, I'm pretty sure my mind was shouting 'CLICHESTORM' over and over again during the opening of Skyrim...just putting that out there.." - Me.

~Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.~

#84 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:56 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 September 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

*snip* /stupid giant Facebook 'like' icon

I hate you so much right now. XD

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

"For the record, I'm pretty sure my mind was shouting 'CLICHESTORM' over and over again during the opening of Skyrim...just putting that out there.." - Me.

#85 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

Bought to take my girl out! Hopefully she slams her shield into something just like Shoulder Charges.

#86 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

Or are we just going to do away with the pretense and acknowledge what some of these people are saying is 'filthy casuals don't deserve proper customisation because I play 20 hours a week and can grind until I get what I want easily'?

That last statement is so freakin' true, like seriously that attitude is pervasive in any game where such a system exists. The ironic thing is, you'd think that such people would be the ones most actively against microtransactions, since such a system is the only thing that would allow a 'filthy casual' to have the stuff a hardcore player would if they were inclined to pay just to get there. There are people out there as well who'd get enjoyment out of undermining the so-called 'accomplishments' of skilled, 30-hour a week fanboys, by paying for everything and laughing at how butthurt they get. How anyone can defend a system by essentially saying it's unnecessary is baffling levels of fanboyism.
"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust." T.S Eliot - The Wasteland

#87 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:48 PM

Titan whites and greens are an eyesore. That full Cruicible set though....boing or in my case Lady Boing!

I'm waiting on Jace to get here and do his Hunter opening. Been saving it so he can see the start. Looking forward to this.

I will take up an entire page at some point in D2 lifetime.

#88 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:51 AM

YES! Jace is currently going through the opening and loving it. He's 10 so this epic to him.

The score after Prologue is great. I think it sounds Japanese.

This post has been edited by Honey Cups: 09 September 2017 - 12:54 AM

#89 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:16 AM

Hunter Crucible set is balling! Holy hell that looks slick. We were just running around the farm glowing with a bunch of other people. No clue what caused it but our status said "Commanders Blessing" looked cool.

Jace was in awe at all things Tess wanting to get it and I had to tell him no cause that's $. He really liked the exotic emotes.

#90 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:54 AM

I'm going to have to go buy a new controller tomorrow. No way my original will take the same wear and tear I gave it for D1. I can see a shiny nub forming on the right stick which wasn't even there 2 days ago. Think I ll buy some of those game freak things as well. Did anyone use these on D1? Did it give a noticeable boost in PvP?

Has anyone played PvP in 2 yet? I'm scared to attempt it still till I get more powers unlocked.

I hate Titan. It's oppressive and claustrophobic. Can't wait till I get da fuq off it on all 3 toons.

Gaul is awesome the 3 times I've seen him. He has had more character progression then any baddie in D1.

#91 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:09 PM

Got my Voidwalker back. Oh my that was a fun little trip.

#92 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:17 PM

Nessus is fucking beautiful! Just got to it so that's a 1st impression.

LMAO! The Ghost and AI play is a treat.

#93 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

Omg this place is completely stunning!! It's the Black Gardens on steroids. I think this view may rival some in HZD. Ed: the color schemes. HZD is crisper texture wise.

The Cayde 6 stuff is splendid. So much better then TTK Cayde and that was great itself.

This post has been edited by Honey Cups: 09 September 2017 - 11:05 PM

#94 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:00 AM

Jace has taken over my console...

He ran through Titan and is now on Nessus having a ball!

Failsafe is kinda reminding me of Warframes Ordis. I wonder if anyone else has noticed and if Bungie has caught any flack over it?

#95 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:31 AM

Oh yes. Io is VERY pretty! Kinda D1Venus like though but the yellows are very bright. They actually did a great job getting the look of this place right with real photos especially on approach.

I'm not sure exactly when your supposed to get a Sparrow? I'm getting tired of walking everywhere.

#96 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:10 AM

View PostHoney Cups, on 10 September 2017 - 04:31 AM, said:

Oh yes. Io is VERY pretty! Kinda D1Venus like though but the yellows are very bright. They actually did a great job getting the look of this place right with real photos especially on approach.

I'm not sure exactly when your supposed to get a Sparrow? I'm getting tired of walking everywhere.

Apparently they deliberately held back on Sparrows for most of the campaign or something.

Shinrei said:

#97 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:54 AM

Pretty big difference then yeah. I think that was the 3rd mission in D1.

#98 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:22 AM

Yeah, pretty sure it was 3. It's another thing that has been moderately frustrating to veterans,though it makes thematic sense I guess.

Plus I have my suspicions that it's meant to make the maps seem artificially bigger. A valid tool of the trade, to be sure, but not ideal.

Shinrei said:

#99 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Soletaken

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:14 PM

View PostSilencer, on 10 September 2017 - 05:10 AM, said:

Apparently they deliberately held back on Sparrows for most of the campaign or something.

I've read and seen Youtube vids that state Bungie/Craptivision wanted players to "take their time" going through the story so they don't miss anything, so that is why the sparrow is not available until you've finished the story. I guess there is the rare drop or something where you can attain one prior to finishing the story, but yeah, they want you to walk through everything initially.

What a crock of shit if you ask me. If they created a world like Horizon Zero Dawn, players would WANT to take their time to explore. Shitty design leads to shitty excuses, which is shitty for everyone.

#100 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:45 PM

Got a pike on Nessus last night. Don't remember much. My Ambien kicked in so I'm sure my skill was just great...

Got an interceptor today on Io. The rocket is steady unlike D1 so you can just go fast. The guns fire in sync.

Finally got Strikes open after Io but I haven't done any. I'm letting Jace finish Titan on Titan cause I hate Titan something fierce.

Share this topic:

• 35 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users