Malazan Empire: Political Comedy starring world leaders and local idiots - Malazan Empire

• 91 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Political Comedy starring world leaders and local idiots Laugh while you cry

#981 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 September 2020 - 07:07 PM

[...]"If you take the blue states out we're at a level that I don't think anybody in the world would be at. We're really at a very low level."[...]

Posted Image

#982 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 18 September 2020 - 10:42 PM

'In austere, starkly divisive remarks, President Trump on Thursday said he would create a commission to promote "patriotic education" and announced the creation of a grant to develop a "pro-American curriculum." [...]

In the speech, Trump decried what he said was a "twisted web of lies" being taught in U.S. classrooms about systemic racism in America, calling it "a form of child abuse." He reprised themes from a speech he gave in July at Mount Rushmore.

"Teaching this horrible doctrine to our children is a form of child abuse, the truest sense," Trump said. "For many years now, the radicals have mistaken Americans' silence for weakness. They're wrong. There is no more powerful force than a parent's love for their children. And patriotic moms and dads are going to demand that their children are no longer fed hateful lies about this country."

The federal government does not have jurisdiction over school curriculum.

[...] "Critical race theory, the 1619 Project, and the crusade against American history is toxic propaganda, ideological poison that, if not removed, will dissolve the civic bonds that tie us together. It will destroy our country," the president said Thursday.

[...] The newly formed committee, Trump said, will be called the "1776 Commission" — a further dig at The Times' project.

"American parents are not going to accept indoctrination in our schools [...]," Trump said.

[...] Trump said he would add a statue of Caesar Rodney to the National Garden of American Heroes park — a proposal he first made in his Mount Rushmore speech.

A statue of Rodney, a slave owner who signed the Declaration of Independence, was removed from Wilmington, Del., this summer amid protests against police brutality and systemic racism. Trump criticized Biden for not speaking out about it.

[...] Following his remarks, the phrases "Trump Youth" and "Hitler Youth" trended on Twitter'

https://www.npr.org/...bVhEorqAUXMh0Uw

... a thousand years from now, will Trump/Drumpf/Dump be the new Kaiser/Tsar/et cetera?...

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 18 September 2020 - 10:43 PM

#983 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 22 September 2020 - 10:42 PM

It's all about the labelling ...

https://www.theshove...us-republicans/

“If COVID-19 had been called ‘A-Vacancy-On-The-Supreme-Court’ US Republicans would’ve sorted it out within a week”

US Republicans would have had the pandemic taken care of by early March if it had been named ‘A-Vacancy-On-The-Supreme-Court’ rather than COVID-19, party insiders say.

“We would’ve had a list of a dozen potential solutions on the table within 24 hours, and then been ready to roll out the preferred option 24 hours after that” a senior Republican strategist said.

“The WHO really missed a trick when they named it COVID-19. Nobody in this party is interested in some pandemic that might kill a quarter of a million Americans. But give them a chance to stack the supreme court so they can overturn abortion law and legalise automatic weapons and you’ll have their complete, undivided attention.

“It’s all about how you frame things. You want action on climate change? Don’t say ‘we need to reduce carbon emissions or we’ll ruin the climate’. Say ‘we need to reduce carbon emissions or we’ll lose our Second Amendment rights. It’s pretty simple really”.

----------------------------------------------------------

Respect for RBG:

https://www.theshove...insburgs-death/

Trump Orders Flags To Fly At 41% Mast, To Mark Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Death

President Donald Trump has ordered the American flag be flown at around a fifth less than half mast, to mark the passing of U.S. Supreme Court Justice and women’s rights activist Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

“She made an important contribution to this country. Maybe not as important as some of the men that I know. But she did do – and this is up for debate so I’m not sure – but people have told me she did a lot for women in this country. And I know a lot of women – some of them very intimately,” Mr Trump said.

“I did want to honour her, which is why I ordered the flag to be lowered. But she was known to be difficult. So I thought ‘I have to fly her flag a little lower than other, less difficult people like Roger Ailes or when David Duke passes’”.

When asked if the number was meant to allude to the gender pay gap, Trump responded “Well I do think women should get paid what they deserve. And getting paid equally to men, I don’t know if that’s the answer, of course I’m also not saying it isn’t. So that’s something we’re looking into.”

-----------------------------------------------

Bigly yugest qualified candidate for SCOTUS:

https://www.theshove...-court-justice/

Barron Trump Confirmed As Next Supreme Court Justice

A 16 year-old boy described by some as an ‘academic genius – believe me, he has a tremendous legal mind’, has been confirmed as the next Supreme Court Justice, following the death of Ruth Bader Ginsberg.

The confirmation comes after an extensive search which lasted many, many minutes and spanned the entire President’s family.

“He is the perfect choice. Very successful. Great guy by the way,” a spokesperson said.

Republicans say Barron Trump is ‘uniquely qualified for the role’. “What he lacks in legal experience he makes up for in his surname,” one Republican Senator said.

US President Donald Trump said he had met the new justice many times before and had even spent time with him this year – a claim which some sources say is probably untrue.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 22 September 2020 - 10:53 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#984 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 22 September 2020 - 11:28 PM

I can't even tell what's satire at this point since nothing is beyond this dingleberry. I'm gonna assume the above is satire for whatever sanity I still have.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#985 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 September 2020 - 12:59 AM

Posted Image

#986 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 September 2020 - 10:29 PM

Posted Image

#987 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 September 2020 - 06:27 AM

#988 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 September 2020 - 03:52 PM

Posted Image

#989 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 September 2020 - 05:36 PM

I watched this when it first aired prior to the 2016 election. If you in anyway were paying attention to Trump's undertakings, why the fuck would you ever vote for him? Because of some dumbass county fair performance of chants, broken record hits?

link to full segment > www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-gb2Fnhz5o

#990 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 September 2020 - 03:04 AM

'"Borat" sequel coming to Amazon Prime before the US election

[...] The sequel will again see Cohen “going undercover to get people to reveal their true selves and their often unflattering biases, with only the slightest provocation,” [...]

In early July, Rudy Giuliani called the police on Cohen after an interview in which Cohen emerged in character. Giuliani told Page Six: “This guy comes running in wearing a crazy, what I would say was a pink transgender outfit. It was a pink bikini, with lace.”'

https://www.scmp.com...ime-us-election

'Hello 911, there's a guy wearing a pink bikini!
I think they might be transgender!'

#991 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 September 2020 - 04:18 AM

'Trump once again falsely accused Philadelphia election officials of blocking access for poll watchers at newly-opened satellite election sites across the city.

"As you know today, there was a big problem in Philadelphia. They went in to watch, they're called poll watchers. They're very safe, very nice thing. They were thrown out, they weren't allowed to watch. You know why? 'Cuz bad things happen in Philadelphia, bad things," Trump said during the debate.'

https://philadelphia...n-philadelphia/

Posted Image

Posted Image

'The Trump campaign was not the only group to prematurely congratulate the president on his debate "win" over former Vice President Joe Biden.

About 45 minutes before the two men were set to hit the stage, a mysterious new Twitter account representing the Republic of Kazakhstan posted a video along with the message, "Congratulation to great friend of the Kazakh people @realDonaldTrump for winning debate today! Impressive and amazing result for a strong premier who always put America and Kazakhstan first!"

[...] "Donald Trump, strongest premier in history, he not racist!"

"Black guys love him so much they kneel before him," Borat continues as photos of NFL players taking a knee for racial justice appear on screen.

As footage of Trump partying with Jeffrey Epstein plays, he says, "He protector of women." Multiple times during the video Borat insists Trump "never had stroke" while showing video of him struggling to lift a water glass with one hand.

"Vote for Premier Trump or you will be crushed," he concludes.'

https://www.thedaily...ictory?ref=home

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 30 September 2020 - 04:19 AM

#992 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 September 2020 - 09:01 PM

'"Move to Canada" searches explode during chaotic Trump-Biden debate

Some Americans who watched the first presidential debate started looking for an "ehxit" on Tuesday night.'

https://globalnews.c...cGkxWelas_Qe79M

'Trump Wanted to Pick Ivanka as His 2016 Running Mate, Reveals Former Campaign Chief [...]

SHE’S BEAUTIFUL

Trump’s top aides were discussing who to pick when the candidate chipped in. “I think it should be Ivanka. What about Ivanka as my VP?” Trump is said to have asked the group. He reportedly added: “She’s bright, she’s smart, she’s beautiful, and the people would love her!” Trump brought up the idea repeatedly for weeks[...] and only relented when Ivanka herself told him it might not be a great idea.'

https://www.thedaily...ook-wicked-game

'Trump’s four children were seen ignoring the mandatory mask rule while watching the presidential debate.

Donald Trump Jr, Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump, and Tiffany Trump were pictured entering the Cleveland, Ohio venue wearing a mask, as per guidelines put in place by Cleveland Clinic doctors.

But then they were pictured with their masks off once they sat in their seats at the front row of the venue.

Guests were told to wear the masks throughout the entirety of the debate, which took place at Case Western Reserve University on Tuesday evening.

[...] a Cleveland Clinic doctor tried to approach the Trump children and other guests over their lack of masks while at the venue. Someone shook their head as the doctor got close to the family, NBC reported, and ultimately the doctor did not approach them.

No one the doctor asked to put on a mask from the president’s group of guests actually put one on, it was reported.

When the doctor walked away from the group a debate staffer was heard telling her: “That’s all you can do”.'

[...] Trump has been holding large campaign rallies in recent months where most attendees are not socially distanced or wearing masks.

During the debate, the president claimed the only reason why Mr Biden was not holding similar rallies was because his campaign would not draw a similar crowd.'

https://www.independ...us-b719025.html

Posted Image

That would-be dictator really is hilarious isn't he, with his idiotic paranoid rants and that ridiculous little mustache....

#993 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 September 2020 - 10:44 PM

'"Putin’s Piglet": Russian Media Admits Trump Lost the Debate

[...] Russian state media TV show 60 Minutes played a compilation of what they seemingly considered to be Trump’s greatest hits of the night, consisting of the incumbent’s tasteless insults of his opponent. The hosts and some of the experts heartily laughed along in an attempt to support Trump’s cringeworthy performance, resembling a squad of miscreants gathered at Dr. Evil’s lair. Their exaggerated cackling came off as forced and unnatural, falling short of the desired effect.

[...] In a gimmicky smear, 60 Minutes claimed to have discovered Biden’s secret supply of intravenous drugs, seizing on a moment when the former VP was simply adjusting his shirt. “They found a catheter, it’s absolutely true!” Popov exclaimed, but the far-fetched allegation fell flat even among his show’s panelists.

[...] Naumov disagreed with Biden’s description of Trump as “Putin’s puppy,” suggesting that the better term would have been “Putin’s piglet.”

[...] Kiselyov smugly theorized: “Trump is in a hurry, because in case of a disputed outcome, the question of who will become president will be decided by the Supreme Court. The new appointment will provide Trump with a clear majority in the Supreme Court. This is a huge scandal. But the funniest thing is that no one expects the justices of the Supreme Court to act in a just manner. A priori, it is clear to everyone that the judges will vote in accordance with their party affiliation.”

[...] Putin’s propagandists are already rubbing their hands together with joyous anticipation. Appearing on a state TV show The Evening with Vladimir Soloviev, panelist Karen Shakhnazarov asserted that Americans no longer believe in the fairness of their own elections and civil war is inevitable. He concluded: “America as we knew it is over. Most importantly, the American dream is dead.”'

https://www.thedaily...bate?ref=scroll

#994 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 01 October 2020 - 05:06 PM

Posted Image

(Not satire)

https://lawandcrime....rhodes-scholar/

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 01 October 2020 - 05:07 PM

#995 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 01 October 2020 - 07:34 PM

'Trump Secretly Mocks His Christian Supporters

[...] Trump seemed delighted by the “scam,” Cohen recalled to me, and eager to highlight that the pastor was “full of shit.”

“They’re all hustlers,” Trump said.

[...] Former aides told me they’ve heard Trump ridicule conservative religious leaders, dismiss various faith groups with cartoonish stereotypes, and deride certain rites and doctrines held sacred by many of the Americans who constitute his base.

[...] “His view was ‘I’ve been talking to these people for years; I’ve let them stay at my hotels—they’re gonna endorse me. I played the game,” [...]

It helped that Trump seemed to feel a kinship with prosperity preachers—often evincing a game-recognizes-game appreciation for their hustle. The former campaign adviser recalled showing his boss a YouTube video of the Israeli televangelist Benny Hinn performing “faith healings,” while Trump laughed at the spectacle and muttered, “Man, that’s some racket.”

[...] In Cohen’s recent memoir, Disloyal, he recounts Trump returning from his 2011 meeting with the pastors who laid hands on him and sneering, “Can you believe that bullshit?”

[...] “Whenever I see a picture of him standing in a group of pastors, all of their hands on him, I see a thought bubble [with] the words ‘What suckers,’” Mary Trump, the president’s niece, told me.

[...] frequently made fun of Romney’s faith in private—and was especially vicious when he learned about the religious undergarments worn by many Latter-day Saints. “Oh my god,” Cohen said. “How many times did he bring up Mitt Romney and the undergarments …”'

https://www.theatlan...IDfjLVyKwOCo7dg

#996 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 02 October 2020 - 07:40 AM

Telstra (our biggest telco) has a sense of humour:

https://twitter.com/...903618514051074
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#997 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 October 2020 - 03:36 PM

I think you guys know where I'm going with this.

* hint- swap out Wild with Proud. Posted Image

#998 User is offline   Knowing 

• Corporal

Posted 02 October 2020 - 06:11 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 28 September 2020 - 03:52 PM, said:

Posted Image

I really don't understand why this would be surprising at all to anyone. Or how this would turn into a 'gotcha moment' Oh wow, a really rich guy has done everything he can legally and illegally alike to avoid taxes. I also find it odd how there isn't any reporting on what the IRS is going to do. Tell me the plan on how/when the IRS is going to nail him down like a bug and suck those funds out of him. God knows they're happy to do it to so many other citizens. Or is the government or IRS going to come out and admit, "shit there's nothing we can really do unless we change how we prosecute those who have violated tax laws"?

Also, as far as some research into our politicians, can we do some income sourced hit jobs on the overwhelming number of senators and congressmen making bank while in office. Some investigation into the people who create and vote on the laws that dictate our country is consistently ignored in our country as we tend to center our focus on the one sitting in the oval office.

For a week the news covered the rat bastards Burr, Inhoffe, Feinstein, and Loeffler and the way they dumped stocks knowing damned well how bad the COVID outbreak would be, yet from what I can tell government 'investigations' have ruled they were well within the bounds of their positions in office. This clearly shows those boundaries need to be changed so we have representatives in those positions trying to uphold or shift laws in the favor of their constituents, not creating loopholes for themselves to make money.
More life may trickle out of men through thought than through a gaping wound.
--Thomas Hardy

#999 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 02 October 2020 - 09:14 PM

The rules are sadly made by the rich and powerful FOR the rich and powerful. The rest of us are pawns to be used and discarded at will.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#1000 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 03 October 2020 - 12:48 AM

View PostKnowing, on 02 October 2020 - 06:11 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 28 September 2020 - 03:52 PM, said:

Posted Image

I really don't understand why this would be surprising at all to anyone. Or how this would turn into a 'gotcha moment' Oh wow, a really rich guy has done everything he can legally and illegally alike to avoid taxes. I also find it odd how there isn't any reporting on what the IRS is going to do. Tell me the plan on how/when the IRS is going to nail him down like a bug and suck those funds out of him. God knows they're happy to do it to so many other citizens. Or is the government or IRS going to come out and admit, "shit there's nothing we can really do unless we change how we prosecute those who have violated tax laws"?

Also, as far as some research into our politicians, can we do some income sourced hit jobs on the overwhelming number of senators and congressmen making bank while in office. Some investigation into the people who create and vote on the laws that dictate our country is consistently ignored in our country as we tend to center our focus on the one sitting in the oval office.

For a week the news covered the rat bastards Burr, Inhoffe, Feinstein, and Loeffler and the way they dumped stocks knowing damned well how bad the COVID outbreak would be, yet from what I can tell government 'investigations' have ruled they were well within the bounds of their positions in office. This clearly shows those boundaries need to be changed so we have representatives in those positions trying to uphold or shift laws in the favor of their constituents, not creating loopholes for themselves to make money.

I'm less worried about the fact that he is probably guilty of tax evasion and tax fraud. Like you said, its common for the wealthy and they generally get away with it. And without changes to the tax code and beefing up the IRS, it wont change anytime soon.

What worries me is he owes 400 plus million to an unnamed source. And if he wins this election, that loan will come due while he's president. Who does he owe that money too? To quote Eric Trump, "we don't need US banks, we get all the funding we need out of Russia."

Plus, I dont think he wanted them released because it shows he's a shitty fucking businessman.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 91 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users