Malazan Empire: 1-6 Subterranean Press Malazan Chronicles for Sale! - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1-6 Subterranean Press Malazan Chronicles for Sale! 1-6 Subterranean Press Malazan Chronicles on ebay

#1 User is offline   itchy 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:23 AM

Hello,

here is my auction regarding the current 6 titles of the malazan chronicles plus future rights!

http://www.ebay.de/i...984.m1558.l2649

Feel Free to mesage me if you have any questions!

Best Regards

This post has been edited by itchy: 16 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

#2 User is offline   gataap 

• Recruit

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:13 AM

I don't mean to be a douche or anything but isn't the asking price a bit much

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:41 PM

Actually, no, it's in keeping with the asking price of similar sets being auctioned.

And honestly, does anyone really need BOTH kidneys, lungs, and/or eyes?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:39 PM

You ain't getting 5 grand out of this lot. Look elsewhere.

No author is worth that amount of money unless it's an actual hand-written play by Shakespeare himself.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#5 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:15 PM

There are people who come here who don't necessarily post though. For instance, my wealthy patron who pays me per Rep received, Pos or Neg.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6 User is offline   ValHallAwaits 

• Recruit

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:44 PM

These books have sold for this much and more in the past. It's pretty rude to charge into a thread like this and whine about a price because you can't fathom someone spending money on highly collectible books.

#7 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:10 PM

"This lot" are the members here. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But $5,000 for 6 books is far outside the realm of normal for the normals here who have purchased the books as they come out at $35.00+ per clip for 10 to 18+ books.

Even so, this isn't Craig's List. But have fun.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#8 User is offline   ValHallAwaits 

• Recruit

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:01 PM

...these retailed at $150 each and are limited edition collectors' items. By saying they have sold for this much in the past, let me be clear. I sold mine on this forum for more than this when the market was hotter.

Erikson's own copies of these books, which he sold for charity, fetched about 1k apiece and that was without Gardens, which has previously went for 3k at auction on eBay. I believe it was copies of HoC and MoI.

Frankly, I don't know why you felt compelled to inject your uninformed opinion but I hope you now realize you're in error factually and ethically, and that you've been unnecessarily disruptive to a guy who's just trying to find other superfans (on Erikson's own forum - imagine that) who are serious collectors who are looking to buy. Itchy wasn't hurting you any by casting a wide net.

This post has been edited by ValHallAwaits: 17 February 2017 - 11:01 PM

#9 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:30 PM

FYI, I'm not down voting you. I stick to my stand that this isn't Craigslist.

Yes, we are Erikson and MBofT fans. We obviously own the books (for the most part). But there are better outlets than this.

Who are you? Who is the seller? We have no idea if you are a fan or somebody just trying to capitalize on fandom because you do nothing other than offer books for sale.

#10 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:13 AM

Enough. Modgods have said before, we're cool with sales of Malazan books here. Price point is not an issue.
Anyone wants to debate the state of the collectors ed book market, take it to pm or the discussion board.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#11 User is offline   gataap 

• Recruit

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:29 AM

View PostAbyss, on 17 February 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Actually, no, it's in keeping with the asking price of similar sets being auctioned.

And honestly, does anyone really need BOTH kidneys, lungs, and/or eyes?

didn't mean to start a discussion, was just a bit startled by the price.

and since I drink and smoke to much I'm afraid both my kidneys and lungs aren't worth that much ;-)

and I need my eyes for reading !

#12 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:56 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 17 February 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

FYI, I'm not down voting you. I stick to my stand that this isn't Craigslist.

Yes, we are Erikson and MBofT fans. We obviously own the books (for the most part). But there are better outlets than this.

Who are you? Who is the seller? We have no idea if you are a fan or somebody just trying to capitalize on fandom because you do nothing other than offer books for sale.

Hush. Let them sell the books for what price they can. You are actively hurting this process when you should be quiet and let them do this.

This forum is flexible enough to include this, even if it's not the main point.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users