• Drive by bye bye king

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:52 AM

Deleted

This post has been edited by .-‘: 05 October 2021 - 11:26 PM

Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#2 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:20 AM

I think I spoke about this a long time ago....possibly even made a thread. Sounds right up my alley. I love me the crusades and the Templars!

EDIT: Teaser link

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 02 February 2017 - 03:08 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#3 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:37 PM

View PostCheesewiz, on 02 February 2017 - 02:52 AM, said:

Set in 1300's dealing with Templars on History chan. I'm really interested in checking this out! Will post a trailer when one is out but a tv spot just aired during Vikings. Excited!

Hopefully there's some "fucks" in it. It's 2017!

Oh this isn't about Batman....
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#4 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:54 PM

View PostCheesewiz, on 02 February 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 02 February 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

View PostCheesewiz, on 02 February 2017 - 02:52 AM, said:

Set in 1300's dealing with Templars on History chan. I'm really interested in checking this out! Will post a trailer when one is out but a tv spot just aired during Vikings. Excited!

Hopefully there's some "fucks" in it. It's 2017!

Oh this isn't about Batman....

Ha nope. Though that's all you ll find on YouTube when you search for it. The tv spot last night just showed a bloody temp helmet.

I added a link to the aforementioned clip in my post above. :lol:
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:19 PM

View PostCheesewiz, on 02 February 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

Yeah I saw it. Even that isn't coming up still on YouTube. I think it's strange it hasn't.

I did find this last night though when my Ambien was kicking in at full power and about pissed myself loln.

Hah, way back when I first learned this was shooting, I found that too when I searched up the title on YT. Hilarious!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 02 February 2017 - 08:19 PM

#6 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:47 AM

This one seems to be a little more official. What do you guys think?

#7 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:22 PM

I've heard it's set for a Fall debut, so we'll likely get a full trailer soon, probably May?

#8 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

NICE!

#9 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

View PostBriar King, on 20 July 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

Bout time. Looks ok. Didn't wow me like I hoped it would.

I think so far my only real problem (and it's minor) is that this isn't about the original 9 Templar Knights forming the Order and finding the grail under Solomon's Temple, and the rest of the First Crusade...which is my fave time period...but the latter of the Order almost 200 years later. Looks to be the Fall of Acre, home to Paris, and the trials of the Templars there. However, the good thing is that this means we MIGHT get Saladin in flashbacks...which would be ideal!

I'm sure we will get flashbacks to earlier in the Crusades anyways...but for now this is fine, if not my fave period.

Also, isn't it funny how easily Dubrovnik's old city (which also doubles as King's Landing on GoT and Venice on Doctor Who) passes for 12th century Paris pretty easily!

#10 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:17 PM

View PostBriar King, on 20 July 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

I also thought this was supposed to star Jeremy Renner? Didn't see him in there.

He is executive producing it. It sounds like he MIGHT pull a guest star appearance, but that's it.

#11 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:46 PM

Looks interesting. I'll watch it.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#12 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:22 PM

Just noticed this thread after chatting to QT about it in the other thread. I'm in. While I'm not quite as big a Templar/Crusades nut as QT it is something that very much fascinates me. And I too would love to see a show about the formation of the Templars in the holy land but maybe if this makes enough money they'll do a prequel series?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#13 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:25 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 27 October 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

Just noticed this thread after chatting to QT about it in the other thread. I'm in. While I'm not quite as big a Templar/Crusades nut as QT it is something that very much fascinates me. And I too would love to see a show about the formation of the Templars in the holy land but maybe if this makes enough money they'll do a prequel series?

Yeah, it would be sweet to see an actual Crusade-era based show about them (possibly from their initial incarnation in 1096, through whatever they allegedly found beneath the remains of Solomon's temple in Jerusalem) ...but I agree it's probably WELL out of budget for now...but yeah, a future prequel show could be in the cards.

#14 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:31 PM

As long as it doesn't follow that horrendous series of books by Jack Whyte (I think we spoke about them before. Very disappointing...) cos that would be an extremely boring show!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#15 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:52 AM

Oh neat. Helmet cam. What a novel idea, yet ponderous.

Can tell some some serious cashola has been spent on production. Wonder if they will keep that up or if they blew their load on this first episode to hook viewers in.

Damn, the actress playing the Queen sure looks like a younger version of the actress who played Catelyn Stark on HBO's Game of Thrones.

Damn but that was a slow start though. I mean that wasn't even setting the table. That was digging through the silverware drawer trying to pull together the knives, forks and spoons required for the dinner.

#16 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

Advance reviews i saw were pretty scathing... 'boring attempt to do VIKINGS with knights', more or less.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#17 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:09 PM

I haven't watched yet, but as a student of the Crusades, and the Templars especially...I will be the deciding factor folks, okay? :p

#18 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:16 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 December 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

I haven't watched yet, but as a student of the Crusades, and the Templars especially...I will be the deciding factor folks, okay? :p

Ok, i'll let the History channel know to hold off on any further broadcasts until you've weighed in.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#19 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

View PostAbyss, on 07 December 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

Advance reviews i saw were pretty scathing... 'boring attempt to do VIKINGS with knights', more or less.

Well, there was enough there to pull me in next week (probably). But yeah, besides the first 10 min when Acre fell during the siege (and all the neato helmet cam footage), the rest of the episode could definitely be described as boring. IMO.

#20 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:26 PM

View PostAbyss, on 07 December 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 December 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

Ok, i'll let the History channel know to hold off on any further broadcasts until you've weighed in.

It is known!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users