• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Video Game Beta Thread Invites, discussions, hype

#1 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:08 PM

Received an invite to the closed For Honor PC beta yesterday. Turns out I get three friend invites along with the invitation. If anyone wants an invite send me a friend invite on u-play. My username is KKJSDK.

For those wondering what the hell For Honor is, it's a cool, up-coming action/fighting/dueling game releasing in February.

https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/For_Honor

For Honor is an upcoming online action hack and slash video game in development by Ubisoft Montreal and set to be published by Ubisoft for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It was announced at the 2015 Electronic Entertainment Expo. The game features a hand-to-hand combat system described as "The Art of Battle" by the developers and allows players to play the roles of historical soldiers such as medieval knights, samurai, and vikings within a Medieval fantasy setting.

The bloodthirsty warlord, Apollyon, believes the people of the Knights, Vikings, and Samurai to have grown weak and wants to create an age of all-out war through manipulation of each faction, to this end the perspectives of characters within each faction are shown as events are shaped, battles are waged, and agendas are created as Apollyon works to ensure continuous sparks of conflict between the the Legion, the Warborn, and the Chosen.

EDIT: Made the thread into a general beta thread, instead of just For Honor

This post has been edited by Apt: 02 February 2017 - 09:56 PM

#2 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:35 AM

Posted Image
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#3 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:43 AM

It's a bit weird to choose real historical factions and then make them look like something out of WoW.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#4 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:54 AM

Real historical factions? I don't think Knights ever fought samurai and there was never any magic!

I'd love to try but I think my pc woukd explode

#5 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:56 AM

View PostCause, on 27 January 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

Real historical factions? I don't think Knights ever fought samurai and there was never any magic!

I'd love to try but I think my pc woukd explode

"magic"

Fortunately, my PC is prepared for such trials that a game like this can inflict on it.

#6 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:41 AM

Didn't see the magic, whoops.

Thought the vikings/knights etc were separate scenarios too, not all in one big melee.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#7 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:52 PM

View PostTraveller, on 27 January 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

Didn't see the magic, whoops.

Thought the vikings/knights etc were separate scenarios too, not all in one big melee.

I think the story in a trailer I saw a while ago is that someone cast magic which changed the geography of the earth which forces the three factions in close proximity to fight over limited resources.

#8 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 27 January 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

Posted Image

Did you want an invite?

#9 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:28 PM

View PostApt, on 27 January 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

View PostPrimateus, on 27 January 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

Posted Image

Did you want an invite?

If by invite, you mean do I want to split the heads of knights and samurais with my viking axe? Then yes please :(

#10 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:54 PM

What's your u-play username?

#11 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

View PostApt, on 27 January 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

What's your u-play username?

<<<<<- Primateus :(

#12 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:11 PM

Done. You weren't on my list before but you popped up when I checked the page just now.

#13 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

Ja dak! :( B) :)

#14 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:59 PM

Seeing as I am signed up for a bunch of beta (pre-view) events I thought I might as well adapt this thread and make it into a general Beta thread.

I got into the closed Ghost Recon: Wildlands PC Beta. I have 3 invites again. First come, first serve.

I am also invited to the Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 PC Beta. I got three codes for it.

By the way, Primateus did you ever get around to trying For Honor?

This post has been edited by Apt: 02 February 2017 - 10:01 PM

#15 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:56 PM

I'm in the Ghost Recon: Wildlands xbox one beta.

Should be fun, it looks awesome.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#16 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:28 AM

Any of you check out Conan Exiles yet? From what I can tell it looks like an Ark Survival Evolved clone. From what game play I've watched, the music really shines. I'm guessing they tapped into the folks responsible for scoring the Conan movies? (or by someone who was significantly influenced by those movies?)

#17 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:17 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 February 2017 - 12:28 AM, said:

Any of you check out Conan Exiles yet? From what I can tell it looks like an Ark Survival Evolved clone. From what game play I've watched, the music really shines. I'm guessing they tapped into the folks responsible for scoring the Conan movies? (or by someone who was significantly influenced by those movies?)

Don't really know about this one.

The Conan video game IP is sort of tainted. Has there ever been a good Conan game? I remember the MMO not being well received. It's also an open world survival game in Early Access so basically one assumes it will never be finished, will be a buggy mess and will look and play like the other dozen games of its ilk.

As a rule I ignore games in Early Access and I'm certainly not going to pay 30 euro for a game that might never be finished.

But I have watched some of the footage and it looks interesting. It's doing a good job of presenting an inhospiyable no-man's land. If nothing else those crazy Eldritch monster summoning powers seem fascinating.

Personally I've been playing the betas Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

Sniper: GW3 is an unappologetic Farcry clone. It's sort of this years Homefront: The Revolution, where you can see how much inspiration that has been stolen from Farcry but also how much smaller the budget is. The game is pretty rough in places and it runs terribly on my older rig, despite not looking particularly good.

I do like what they're doing with the "Sniper Ghost" aspect of the game. I always loved sniping out Enemy Camps in Farcry and in S:GW3 this is take a step further where you've got a legitimately good sniper riffle and a drone you can use to observe and assault a stronghold with.

The game is B-tier I feel. Pretty okay, some cool ideas, but I wouldn't want to pay full price for it. I will play it though because it's good that farcry formula down and I love it.

In comparison, Ghost Recon: Wildlands looks and plays phenomenally but in reality Wildlands is a really unimaginative and thin edition to the patented "Ubisoft Open World" formula. I'm not really that surprised by this, it's what the trailers indicated, but it's weird that Ubisoft didn't try to do something new with this game.

As usual Ubisoft is combining themes and mechanics from their other IP to make a game. It's basically Farcry 4 and The Division put into a map area that seems as big as the Crew's Open World and then with the Ghost Recon squad mechanics added to the game.

It's basically just a multiplayer focused Farcry game in a South American environment in a very big world.

It's fun but it feels like an even thinner game premise than Farcry was.

#18 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:23 AM

View PostApt, on 02 February 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

Seeing as I am signed up for a bunch of beta (pre-view) events I thought I might as well adapt this thread and make it into a general Beta thread.

I got into the closed Ghost Recon: Wildlands PC Beta. I have 3 invites again. First come, first serve.

I didn't get into the Beta, so if you have a key to spare, I'd be keen. ;)
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#19 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:39 AM

What's your U-Play username? Send me a friend request and I'll add you. My username is KKJSDK.

#20 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:04 PM

View PostApt, on 04 February 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 February 2017 - 12:28 AM, said:

Don't really know about this one.

The Conan video game IP is sort of tainted. Has there ever been a good Conan game? I remember the MMO not being well received. It's also an open world survival game in Early Access so basically one assumes it will never be finished, will be a buggy mess and will look and play like the other dozen games of its ilk.

As a rule I ignore games in Early Access and I'm certainly not going to pay 30 euro for a game that might never be finished.

But I have watched some of the footage and it looks interesting. It's doing a good job of presenting an inhospiyable no-man's land. If nothing else those crazy Eldritch monster summoning powers seem fascinating.

It has the best penis physics I've ever seen in a game, so it has that going for it.

Aside from the music, the thrall/slave part of the game-play seems interesting. It seems you can "break" those you capture on a "wheel of pain" and they then become loyal to you and you can use them is a variety of ways. Another interesting thing is you can choose a religion at the beginning when you create your character, which then sets your alignment (spectrum of good - evil). I've never seen that in a game before.

But yeah, a video posted by Polygon yesterday shot whatever hope I had for the game to pieces.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users