• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 138.5 Evil Twins - spoiler thread

#41 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Cheating Hood since 1955

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:30 AM

View PostFanderay, on 16 January 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

So laying it all out, if I were scum, how could I win playing the game like I've chosen?

I sure hope someone answers this question the way I would were I still alive to do it! :p
What is not forbidden is mandatory.

#42 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:05 AM

I almost missed that there was an order change to Okaros, was already typing Omtose's death when I decided to double-check the inbox. Alcohol is not my friend.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#43 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:28 AM

This is looking good :p
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#44 User is offline   Starling 

• Not Docile

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:30 AM

Oooh, nice twist! Maccy has played a blinder, he wasn't even on my radar. I nailed Tatts though, not bad for my first game in a while :p

It's interesting seeing the twins mechanic play out with more experienced players. Maccy's decision to withhold the kill has everyone speculating about roles, which is absolutely useless to town. I think less experienced players would have been tempted to signal each other on thread, and then town would have jumped all over it.
... a nature generally described as happy-go-fuck-yourself.

#45 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:52 PM

View PostStarling, on 17 January 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

Oooh, nice twist! Maccy has played a blinder, he wasn't even on my radar. I nailed Tatts though, not bad for my first game in a while :p

It's interesting seeing the twins mechanic play out with more experienced players. Maccy's decision to withhold the kill has everyone speculating about roles, which is absolutely useless to town. I think less experienced players would have been tempted to signal each other on thread, and then town would have jumped all over it.

That thought crossed my mind, about signalling Mac, but then chewed it up and spat it out. I think we both thought the same things. Which was nice to see.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#46 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:04 PM

In context of the above, the latest message from Mac is even better:

Kaschan, on 17 January 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

Sorry Star!!!

I suppose I should explain my game plan.
I pushed Kesso in front of the bus because the chances of us signalling each other subtly enough to escape notice and me being shrewd enough to pick up what he was laying down where pretty slim.
I didn't know who Kesso was so wasn't sure if they woukd be ruthless enough to cut me at the drop of a hat. So I had to move on it.

Plan now. Let omtose/candy/ultama stink eye each other and quietly stir the pot

He seems to be in total control right now. Though he mentioned on thread that he thought he voted. That's a slip that Mac himself would be all over, so I'm wondering if anyone will bring that up.

BTW, Tatts, I actually thought the `You go first` remark you've made under one of the early quotes was a signalling attempt :p
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#47 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:10 PM

Hmmm, so I thought Fanderay was Tatts, and definitely was pretty sure Fandy was scum! Welp, should be interesting to see what happens if they lynch Fandy - who will they look at next?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#48 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

View PostBlend, on 17 January 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

Hmmm, so I thought Fanderay was Tatts, and definitely was pretty sure Fandy was scum! Welp, should be interesting to see what happens if they lynch Fandy - who will they look at next?

Clearly I should have paid a bit more attention this game, given Tatts was killed early!

Anyway, I'm glad they lynched me. Keeping me around would have just made for WIFOM right to the end. Hopefully this way they can get rid of Fandy then try to figure out who the last scum is.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#49 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:13 PM

View PostVengeance, on 10 January 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 10 January 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Oops, sorry, I didn't know that's the proper order of things and just went and started setting shit up :p

That is fine. Usually someone will pm me and ask for a new PS and SH password. Then I will go and change both and let you know, but what ever works. Let me know if you need anything I am usually around looking in various corners of the forums.

That's not entirely true - most of the time I change the PS myself given the old one is usually in the previous game's spoiler thread.

The only reason I don't change the SH password myself is because the PS alt doesn't have that power! I mean, we gotta keep you relevant somehow I guess! :p

#50 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:38 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 17 January 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

Sorry Star!!!

I pushed Kesso in front of the bus because the chances of us signalling each other subtly enough to escape notice and me being shrewd enough to pick up what he was laying down where pretty slim.
I didn't know who Kesso was so wasn't sure if they woukd be ruthless enough to cut me at the drop of a hat. So I had to move on it.

He seems to be in total control right now. Though he mentioned on thread that he thought he voted. That's a slip that Mac himself would be all over, so I'm wondering if anyone will bring that up.

BTW, Tatts, I actually thought the `You go first` remark you've made under one of the early quotes was a signalling attempt :p

Mac will probably kill Ment tonight. He's probably the biggest danger to Mac now that Blend is out of the way. I too wonder if Mac's thinking he voted but didn't is going to raise any eyebrows. It seems to be his single mistake so far. Will Bliss survive the day? She's already acting scummy again.

#51 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

View PostBlend, on 17 January 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

Oops, sorry, I didn't know that's the proper order of things and just went and started setting shit up :p

That is fine. Usually someone will pm me and ask for a new PS and SH password. Then I will go and change both and let you know, but what ever works. Let me know if you need anything I am usually around looking in various corners of the forums.

That's not entirely true - most of the time I change the PS myself given the old one is usually in the previous game's spoiler thread.

The only reason I don't change the SH password myself is because the PS alt doesn't have that power! I mean, we gotta keep you relevant somehow I guess! :p

Hmm so then I go and change the SH password for a second time when I do it. As I usually change PS then change SH. Oh well. No worries.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#52 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:54 PM

View PostKruppe of Darujhistan, on 17 January 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

Sorry Star!!!

Mac will probably kill Ment tonight. He's probably the biggest danger to Mac now that Blend is out of the way. I too wonder if Mac's thinking he voted but didn't is going to raise any eyebrows. It seems to be his single mistake so far. Will Bliss survive the day? She's already acting scummy again.

He will just toss it up to being really tired from having worked so much or from being drunk. There are a million excuses for having not voted. The thing is that not voting for town, even if you say you thought that you did, isn't going to come off very suspicious. He should keep Omtose alive and reveal that he is the healer and that he has been keeping Omtose alive as he healed him once and that was the missed night kill. If he does that on d day he is golden. Omtose will buy it and vote for whom ever is the chump not dead. Shit if he does it when both him and Omtose are on line he might even be able to speed lynch him for the win.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#53 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:20 PM

He's probably the biggest danger to Mac now that Blend is out of the way.

I'm flattered, but I'm certainly not a better player than Ment is! Specially this game, where I was unfortunately side-tracked by work more than usual.

#54 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

View PostVengeance, on 17 January 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 17 January 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

Hmm so then I go and change the SH password for a second time when I do it. As I usually change PS then change SH. Oh well. No worries.

No, I mean, only you (or other admins) have the power to change the SH password. That's why we keep you around. The PS password can be changed by anyone who can log in to it, which most people can do as the password is usually in the previous game's spoiler thread. So really, there should be no reason for you to change the PS password, and I hardly ever ask you to do it because I've usually already done it by the time I PM you to change the SH password.

#55 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:19 PM

View PostBlend, on 17 January 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

He's probably the biggest danger to Mac now that Blend is out of the way.

I'm flattered, but I'm certainly not a better player than Ment is! Specially this game, where I was unfortunately side-tracked by work more than usual.

Well, you're certainly a better player than me, but what I meant was that now that Ment is no longer distracted by his obsession with you, he can start using his head again. :p But I really don't see how Mac can lose at this point (barring some epic Kruppean blunder). :p

#56 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:36 PM

View PostVengeance, on 17 January 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

Sorry Star!!!

He will just toss it up to being really tired from having worked so much or from being drunk. There are a million excuses for having not voted. The thing is that not voting for town, even if you say you thought that you did, isn't going to come off very suspicious. He should keep Omtose alive and reveal that he is the healer and that he has been keeping Omtose alive as he healed him once and that was the missed night kill. If he does that on d day he is golden. Omtose will buy it and vote for whom ever is the chump not dead. Shit if he does it when both him and Omtose are on line he might even be able to speed lynch him for the win.

I think a fake Omtose heal claim would be a hard sell. At the time of the no NK Omtose had what, 3 or 4 posts? What healer would waste a night action on someone with so little activity?

#57 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:18 PM

He's taking down Bliss:

Kaschan, on 17 January 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

ugh.

who to kill to leave a melee for D-day.

who to kill.....

I'm thinking I want to leave Telas and omtose alive, but Ultama is looking at leading a hunt on one of them..

possibly let him Lynchrail himself into losing it.

ok.

Provisionally Kill Fanderay (sorry blissy, has to happen)

if lynched....kill Ultama

Town is pretty fucked, almost all of them have PI'd Mac and with thread activity this low they'll never force him to make a mistake.

#58 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:10 PM

Yeah we're doomed
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#59 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:11 AM

Ooh, Omtose is connecting the dots:

Omtose, on 18 January 2017 - 04:11 AM, said:

I realize Kaschan is in my blindspot. If he isn't night killed tonight it would be really really suspicious. No one has ever applied any pressure to him, it just makes sense for the killer kill him.

Otherwise, I'm just talking out of my ass about Telas, I'm pretty sure I'll change my mind by tomorrow (if the game drags on that much and I survive).

If we get an NK and a lynch we will have three people alive by tomorrow. I just hope the other two people are not Kaschan and Telas.

I can choose between any other two with a degree of certainty.

And Mac is having second-thoughts. Doesn't look like he's planning a reveal and his provisional is byzantine:

Kaschan, on 18 January 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

Oh man oh man I just can't decide what to do.

They're all so.emminently lynchable I think I'm going to struggle to survive D-day to be honest, have played too clean a game, my only saving grace possibly with be that I haven't been scum in a while so people might have forgotten when I threw RT under the bus and coasted through on gusts righteous anger.

Argh.

It really depends on who is lynched today.

If Fanderay is lynched, kill Ultama
If omtose is lynched kill Fanderay
If ultama is lynched kill omtose
If Telas is lynched kill Fanderay

#60 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:47 PM

Oh FFS! Damnit Mac!!

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users