Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hi

#1 User is offline   Zeezee 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:49 AM

Hi. I'm from Dublin, Ireland and I'm a bit of a later starter to this series it seems, but I'm working my way through GoTM slowly but surely. I've read and loved the Warcraft series of novels, I'm also a fan of George RR Martin, Terry Pratchett and Tolkien. I found myself starting this series after a google search of recommended fantasy books, and I'm not sorry. Yes I'm confused as hell reading the first book, which is how I ended up finding this website. Posted Image

#2 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:01 AM

Welcome :p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#3 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:14 AM

Welcome! Alas, confusion will reign for a bit (and perhaps never entirely abate!), but you're in for a hell of a read. Memories of Ice in particular is an incredible rollercoaster ride of emotion and awesomeness from start to finish.

There's an incredibly knowledgeable group of people here on the forums though, if you're truly stuck, and most usual questions have already been discussed in each of the forums (e.g. 'what the hell are Warrens and how do they work?!').
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#4 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:40 AM

Welcome to the site, I think that is how most of us found our way here, but just roll with the confusion and you won't regret it.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#5 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:38 PM

Welcome!
You have so SO much awesome reading ahead of you!

Suggest you stick to the sub forums for books you've finished, or if you're mid book be clear where you're at to avoid spoilers.
Also, the Otherlit forum is pretty great for fantasy and SF books generally.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users