Malazan Empire: Standby For Titanfall! - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Standby For Titanfall! Killing Space Capitalists!

#1 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:24 AM

They are space capitalists! Only slightly less evil than hypothetical space Nazis. They seek to enslave the galaxy for profit but we can stand in their way! We must show them with out rational arguments and guns and giant Robo mechs that only a free market economy combined with wealth redistribution to support the poor can help humanity thrive! We need a team of 6! So far we are only two

Cause: Reddiomedes
Morgoth: Crossmantis

Timing is currently based on GMT +2. Perhaps this weekend? If your keen to join fellow forum members in a fight against evil let us know.

My Review:

Titanfall 2 has one of the best single player campaigns I have played all year and in fact of all time. Its only 6 hours long but there is not a wasted moment. Its not stop action from start to finish. It also does a great job of utilizing the games special movement system to mix platforming into a FPS in ways that seem clever rather than tacked on. There is also a level that I wont spoil (you will know it when you play it) that introduces a new mechanic unique to that level that I found both clever from a gameplay as well as story perspective. The shooting is a blast and makes you feel very powerful. Perhaps a little too powerful though! If you are familiar with FPS games play on a harder difficulty level. You are meant to be a hunter amongst the sheep but more of a challenge I think will be welcomed by most. Death is possible but its often due to platforming missteps or when you end up out of position in a firefight after getting too cocky rather than because the enemy has forced you to make a mistake. Oddly the worst part of the campaign is the Titan combat. It feels slow having to crack through the heavy armour of a titan and lacks a feeling of skill.

My one gripe with the campaign is its lack of pilot vs pilot combat outside of titans. An entire aspect of potential gameplay ignored! I kept thinking how awesome it would have been to have a pilot rodeo your titan and steal a battery and you having to chase him down through an obstacle course to retrieve it. I also thought it would have been cool to have the gameplay switched up on you, with you losing your jump suit at some point and having to fight a pilot while being grounded. Experience the power imbalance from the other side. I think the AI for pilots must just be too much of a challenege.

The multiplayer is fantastic by the way. Faster paced then even the single player game. Its kill or be killed. I am by no means a FPS multiplayer expert but even I manage to earn titans or take them down frequently enough to enjoy the frantic gameplay while recognizing I have a long way to go in the skills department.

I hope we get a horde mode soon! The game even ncluded an in game plot reason to have one. The IMC combat test centre

#2 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:24 AM

They are space capitalists! Only slightly less evil than hypothetical space Nazis. They seek to enslave the galaxy for profit but we can stand in their way! We must show them with out rational arguments and guns and giant Robo mechs that only a free market economy combined with wealth redistribution to support the poor can help humanity thrive! We need a team of 6! So far we are only two

Timing is currently based on GMT +2. Perhaps this weekend? If your keen to join fellow forum members in a fight against evil let us know.

My Review:

Titanfall 2 has one of the best single player campaigns I have played all year and in fact of all time. Its only 6 hours long but there is not a wasted moment. Its not stop action from start to finish. It also does a great job of utilizing the games special movement system to mix platforming into a FPS in ways that seem clever rather than tacked on. There is also a level that I wont spoil (you will know it when you play it) that introduces a new mechanic unique to that level that I found both clever from a gameplay as well as story perspective. The shooting is a blast and makes you feel very powerful. Perhaps a little too powerful though! If you are familiar with FPS games play on a harder difficulty level. You are meant to be a hunter amongst the sheep but more of a challenge I think will be welcomed by most. Death is possible but its often due to platforming missteps or when you end up out of position in a firefight after getting too cocky rather than because the enemy has forced you to make a mistake. Oddly the worst part of the campaign is the Titan combat. It feels slow having to crack through the heavy armour of a titan and lacks a feeling of skill.

My one gripe with the campaign is its lack of pilot vs pilot combat outside of titans. An entire aspect of potential gameplay ignored! I kept thinking how awesome it would have been to have a pilot rodeo your titan and steal a battery and you having to chase him down through an obstacle course to retrieve it. I also thought it would have been cool to have the gameplay switched up on you, with you losing your jump suit at some point and having to fight a pilot while being grounded. Experience the power imbalance from the other side. I think the AI for pilots must just be too much of a challenege.

The multiplayer is fantastic by the way. Faster paced then even the single player game. Its kill or be killed. I am by no means a FPS multiplayer expert but even I manage to earn titans or take them down frequently enough to enjoy the frantic gameplay while recognizing I have a long way to go in the skills department.

I hope we get a horde mode soon! The game even ncluded an in game plot reason to have one. The IMC combat test centre

#3 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:25 AM

On PS4

On PC
Apt (maybe)

My Review:

This post has been edited by Cause: 05 December 2016 - 11:43 AM

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:37 AM

Are you playing on PC or console? I've got a PC copy.

I think I've had my fill of the multiplayer. I prestiged the pilot and the Tone titan and that was enough for me.

But if they get some Horde mode going at some point I would be in.

#5 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:21 PM

Damn, you're excited about this game. Three threads about it! :(
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#6 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

Sorry. Shifty Internet. I'm on my phone now. I'll try delete them

#7 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:42 PM

I merged all of the threads into this one.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#8 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:29 AM

Cause is so cute when he gets excited. Three posts and everything! :(

I agree though, the Titanfall multiplayer is fun, which I had not expected at all. I don't really like shooters. But running along a wall, cloaking and sliding around a corner killing an unsuspecting pilot is amazing. And when you manage to get onto an enemy titan and pull out a power cell, that's incredibly satisfying.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#9 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

Frontier defence! I waited for weeks to hear the announcement and somehow missed it.

Anway we must definitely form a team and beat back the hordes of NPCs.

This post has been edited by Cause: 17 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

#10 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:54 AM

View PostCause, on 17 September 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

Frontier defence! I waited for weeks to hear the announcement and somehow missed it.

What platform are you on?

#11 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 18 September 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

PS4. Ill have to check my account name.

Edit - okay that was quick. Its in the top thread. Reddiomedes

This post has been edited by Cause: 18 September 2017 - 11:19 AM

#12 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:35 AM

View PostCause, on 18 September 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 18 September 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

PS4. Ill have to check my account name.

Edit - okay that was quick. Its in the top thread. Reddiomedes

I'm Crossmantis. We can try it out one of these days, though remember that I'm terrible at shooters.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users