• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cold Case New Molly short

#1 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:46 AM

New anthology out called SHADOWED SOULS. Contains a Molly short story COLD CASE, Mab sends Molly on an errand for Winter.
Halfway thru, it's pretty great. No idea about the rest of the anthology, but this is solid.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 November 2016 - 05:03 AM

How long or important is the story? Not sure I want to pay 10 dollars for a short story.

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:42 PM

Strictly short story, not novella. It's really good. Like, REALLY. One of Butcher's better short works.
It it critical to the main Dresden storyline... probably not. Tho I say that with the qualifier that Jim could use the events in COLD CASE to major effect in PEACE TALKS if he wanted to.

But is the anthology worth the dollars? ....I'm halfway thru and fairly comfortable saying no. I've skip/skimmed three stories already. There's a Rob Thurman CAL LEANDROS short I'll rad for my nostalgic fondness for that series pre implosion, and maybe, just maybe there's a hidden gem in there somewhere, but I'm not optimistic when I found the stories by the headliners who aren't Butcher... Kevin J Anderson and Seanan McGuire, were just meh to bleh with a side of yawn.

I'll put some SPOILERS here if you want to know more but don't want the big details SPOILED...

Spoiler

Anyhow, I suspect you could wait until this is collected somewhere, or library it. But it's worth the read.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users