Malazan Empire: Just finished, i have a question - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1

Just finished, i have a question

#1 User is offline   Orsettocattivo 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:19 PM

what happened with Possum? He hears that Malle is there and suddenly goes into his warren and soon after that he gets stabbed many times. Did he kill the king of Mantle (who was kind of crazy) or did he attack Malle? Why did her name trigger him so much?

#2 User is offline   Hairshirt 

• Lieutenant

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:49 AM

View PostOrsettocattivo, on 13 November 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

what happened with Possum? He hears that Malle is there and suddenly goes into his warren and soon after that he gets stabbed many times. Did he kill the king of Mantle (who was kind of crazy) or did he attack Malle? Why did her name trigger him so much?

Malle was in charge of the Claw training school for years, I assume he studied under her. I think he was ashamed and felt it was his fault Laseen was killed in RotCG. I'm pretty sure he did get get his fatal wounds from killing the King, not sure if it was ever confirmed though.

This post has been edited by Hairshirt: 14 November 2016 - 12:50 AM

#3 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:58 AM

View PostHairshirt, on 14 November 2016 - 12:49 AM, said:

View PostOrsettocattivo, on 13 November 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

Malle was in charge of the Claw training school for years, I assume he studied under her. I think he was ashamed and felt it was his fault Laseen was killed in RotCG. I'm pretty sure he did get get his fatal wounds from killing the King, not sure if it was ever confirmed though.

This is correct.

Possum is devastated by Laseen's death. His "failure" to protect her. This is his last act as a Malazan to "redeem" his failure.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:24 AM

Yep. Possum took on the suicide mission to redeem himself before a Malazan who would understand.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   Orsettocattivo 

• Recruit

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:45 AM

Thanks guys. It's pretty sad though, i always liked Possum

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic