Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello guys!

#1 User is offline   Orsettocattivo 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:32 PM

Hi! I am an Italian fan. I've been reading Malazan for quite some time. I read the main series and Ice's novels (except Assail). Will read Assail and then start reading FOD and Dancer's trilogy. I read in english because in Italy not all the novels are available (a damn shame). Unfortunately this means some passages are quite hard to get (Kruppe for example, i think he is hard to understand for natives, nevermind for a foreign reader).

#2 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:34 PM

Welcome to the board! Feel free to ask for clarification, and yes Kruppe is tough for native speakers as well, lol.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#3 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:00 PM

Welcome to the forum Orsettocattivo Posted Image

The german translators are also very slow. After 16 years they didn't even manage to translate the MBotF completely.

#4 User is offline   Orsettocattivo 

• Recruit

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:29 PM

- Coltaine - said:

1477159255[/url]' post='1257060']

The german translators are also very slow. After 16 years they didn't even manage to translate the MBotF completely.

Oh wow! Here in Italy the publisher went bankrupt so they suddenly stopped after Midnight Tides. Only recently they started publishing again, but they will probably never publish ICE.
IT's not really a problem to read in English, but it makes reading a bit less relaxing because you have to focus more

#5 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:21 AM

View PostOrsettocattivo, on 22 October 2016 - 06:29 PM, said:

- Coltaine - said:

1477159255[/url]' post='1257060']

Oh wow! Here in Italy the publisher went bankrupt so they suddenly stopped after Midnight Tides. Only recently they started publishing again, but they will probably never publish ICE.
IT's not really a problem to read in English, but it makes reading a bit less relaxing because you have to focus more

Good to hear that they have started publishing again, Orsettocattivo. The Malazan universe deserves to be translated. If you know anyone who is reading the series in Italian, likes being on the computer and maybe has some very basic ideas of html... it would be great for someone to start an Italian Malazan Wiki! Apart from the English one, we currently have German and Polish Wikis - it would be great to be able to add Italian to the list. Even if the site only contained some A-Z listings of character names and their English equivalent. That would be so useful to readers who may have started in Italian but then went over to the English editions.

#6 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:07 PM

I believe only the first four books were ever translated into Dutch (by Luitingh Fantasy). No clue if they have any plans to do the rest.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users