Malazan Empire: Nintendo Switch - Nintendo's new console/handheld hybrid - Malazan Empire

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nintendo Switch - Nintendo's new console/handheld hybrid Now you're playing with... a cheap looking peripheral?

#181 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 April 2020 - 06:22 PM

View PostVengeance, on 06 April 2020 - 06:20 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 April 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

Well, when I finally crack over the next little while and buy one of these, should I get the full version or the lite? I'm more interested in playing as hand-held than needing it hooked up to the TV (where my PS4 is anyways)....any opinions from those who have it?

And yes. I want to play Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

My niece and nephew are trying to talk me into getting animal crossings.

We got it. Its fun. Honestly I get up, have some coffee, and play like half an hour in the morning while I'm drinking my coffee. Its a fun, cheerful little game.

The S.O. puts a bunch more hours into it than I do though.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#182 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:01 PM

View PostObdigore, on 06 April 2020 - 06:22 PM, said:

Well, when I finally crack over the next little while and buy one of these, should I get the full version or the lite? I'm more interested in playing as hand-held than needing it hooked up to the TV (where my PS4 is anyways)....any opinions from those who have it?

We got it. Its fun. Honestly I get up, have some coffee, and play like half an hour in the morning while I'm drinking my coffee. Its a fun, cheerful little game.

Yeah, this is why I want it. I love STARDEW VALLEY because of how calming it is just to play a slice of life game...and AC:NH sounds like it will be different enough to scratch that same itch, just from a different angle.

Plus, I've kind of wanted a Switch anyways, so this is a decent enough excuse.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#183 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:39 PM

View PostObdigore, on 06 April 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 06 April 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 06 April 2020 - 01:22 PM, said:

I also second getting the original version. Playing something like Zelda handheld is taxing. You should get a pro controller while you're at it.

I got the pro controller and I find myself using the frame that acts like a slide in holder for the joy cons to slide into more bc then I only have to keep one controller charged. So I haven't used the pro controller in probably a year.

I've met you... I don't remember being shocked at how tiny your hands are, so I have no idea how you use the joycons, or the joycon frame that comes with the Switch, for more than about 7 minutes?

I don't have Macros sized hands, but they're a decent size (7 by 9 inches or so). I admit to having some trouble with how tiny the buttons are and their location on the joy cons for the quick decision stuff in Zelda, but the vast majority of what I do doesn't require quick inputs, so I often use one hand and/or shfit around often.

I also don't video game regularly, so it's not as much a repetitive strain as it is for people who do it more than me.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#184 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:47 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 April 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 06 April 2020 - 06:22 PM, said:

Yeah, this is why I want it. I love STARDEW VALLEY because of how calming it is just to play a slice of life game...and AC:NH sounds like it will be different enough to scratch that same itch, just from a different angle.

Plus, I've kind of wanted a Switch anyways, so this is a decent enough excuse.

I'll warn you the multiplayer in Animal Crossing is nowhere near as good as Stardew's.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#185 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:47 PM

View Postamphibian, on 06 April 2020 - 07:39 PM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 06 April 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 06 April 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 06 April 2020 - 01:22 PM, said:

I also second getting the original version. Playing something like Zelda handheld is taxing. You should get a pro controller while you're at it.

I got the pro controller and I find myself using the frame that acts like a slide in holder for the joy cons to slide into more bc then I only have to keep one controller charged. So I haven't used the pro controller in probably a year.

I've met you... I don't remember being shocked at how tiny your hands are, so I have no idea how you use the joycons, or the joycon frame that comes with the Switch, for more than about 7 minutes?

I don't have Macros sized hands, but they're a decent size (7 by 9 inches or so). I admit to having some trouble with how tiny the buttons are and their location on the joy cons for the quick decision stuff in Zelda, but the vast majority of what I do doesn't require quick inputs, so I often use one hand and/or shfit around often.

I also don't video game regularly, so it's not as much a repetitive strain as it is for people who do it more than me.

Just joking around my dude, I find them way to small but anyone who can use them, enjoy.

#186 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:50 PM

You know what large hands means don't you?

Spoiler

Had the teaching professional impart that wisdom on me one summer when I worked at a golf country club pro-shop and was helping a customer. Sometimes it's the simplest perspective that leads to the most profound eureka moments.

#187 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 07 April 2020 - 06:54 AM

Definitely the full version. Being able to play in bed but stick it on the big screen whenever you like is awesome. Certain games like Ori are better on the tv as the details are so small.

We're still playing AC. The kids put it on to fish and mess with their homes, while I wander about sticking up new bridges and clearing and replanting trees. Its a nice distraction.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users