• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WHO'S IN CHARGE HERE?

#1 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:16 AM

Because this place is not functioning as it should. How do you end up in a place whereby you post something and then your post is edited by staff to say something completely different and somehow that's ok? I really feel that this is so important that it's the only thing I'm going to address right now. Malazanempire is an obnoxious tyranny right now, though it pains me to say it. WTF Silencer? Please respond to me, whether it be privately or publicly. It hurts me that a place I loved has devolved to this state. It looks to me that you are being bullied from all sides and so you retreat but that is not leadership.

Also, I lik goatses and sheepses.

#2 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:38 AM

As far as I'm aware, the only posts that admin staff have edited without notification are yours, Mal. As I stated in your last thread, I'm making an exception because of that fact.

Under normal circumstances it would be inappropriate of a staff member to stealth-edit a member's posts, however given your conduct since returning to this site is more than aggravating our member base, and the edits were clearly different to what you had posted (don't worry, no-one is mistaking them as your own posts, I can assure you the difference was noticeable) I let it slide. Especially as your reaction to said edits was essentially throwing a temper-tantrum and posting in the help forum repeating your insults of the forum's state (seriously, if you think mods are editing your posts maliciously, wouldn't they just have deleted your thread?).

If you actually posted in a responsible and lucid manner without constantly insulting our users, and just generally stopped your asinine trolling, the next time a mod fucks with your posts I might take it seriously. As it stands I am disinclined to do so, seeing as you apparently have no desire to be part of this community in a manner consistent with its values.

Because you know what, Mal? I haven't needed to actively police threads on this site barring a once-in-a-blue-moon tiff for a long time. Because the community you loved? They're brilliant. Amazing. And were perfectly happy and getting along just fine until you decided to "shake things up", as I believe you put it. :p

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#3 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:07 AM

I have actual feelings of love for you right now, Silencer.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#4 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:15 AM

Remind me - who is Mal and why should we care? Posted Image

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#5 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:30 AM

View PostSilencer, on 17 October 2016 - 08:38 AM, said:

As far as I'm aware, the only posts that admin staff have edited without notification are yours, Mal. As I stated in your last thread, I'm making an exception because of that fact.

Under normal circumstances it would be inappropriate of a staff member to stealth-edit a member's posts, however given your conduct since returning to this site is more than aggravating our member base, and the edits were clearly different to what you had posted (don't worry, no-one is mistaking them as your own posts, I can assure you the difference was noticeable) I let it slide. Especially as your reaction to said edits was essentially throwing a temper-tantrum and posting in the help forum repeating your insults of the forum's state (seriously, if you think mods are editing your posts maliciously, wouldn't they just have deleted your thread?).

If you actually posted in a responsible and lucid manner without constantly insulting our users, and just generally stopped your asinine trolling, the next time a mod fucks with your posts I might take it seriously. As it stands I am disinclined to do so, seeing as you apparently have no desire to be part of this community in a manner consistent with its values.

Because you know what, Mal? I haven't needed to actively police threads on this site barring a once-in-a-blue-moon tiff for a long time. Because the community you loved? They're brilliant. Amazing. And were perfectly happy and getting along just fine until you decided to "shake things up", as I believe you put it. :p

So because I or my views are unpopular the rules no longer apply? You want to be fucking careful about how you deal with that basket of snakes. Also, alright, did you just say that it's OK that my posts were stealth-edited because nobody would believe I said the things that were edited in? WTF has this place turned into that we're even having a conversation like this?

Anti-goatlikkerists, the filthy lot o ye! Goats need love as well!

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:44 AM

You've got the most selective memory, Mal.

The harshest period of moderation on this forum, I can recall, was the period where you and Hetan took over the site. That was when a lot of people were warned and banned repeatedly. When the "New Guard" took over for the "Old Guard" and the forum was made to be more like an official forum. In that period you would have surely have been banned by now for your crazy, aggressive and unreasonably combative posting. Take a look at the Code of Conduct if you've forgotten how people are supposed to behave on the Malazan Forums.

Furthermore in the period you and Hetan owned the forum, people's posts were also edited for fun. Mainly by Abyss or Rodeo Ranch if I recall correctly. Nobody complained or disagreed because it was done in fun. Much like the edits of your ridiculous and incoherent posts. You'll also notice these edits have been secluded to the Inn and the Admin area, where such antics are encouraged rather than dismissed.

Nobody cares about your whining, Malaclypse. You've been acting like an ass for months now and you've become a laughing stock. You're the equivalent of Grandpa Simpson yelling at the clouds:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Apt: 17 October 2016 - 10:56 AM

#7 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:53 AM

Honestly, you who count yourselves amongst the staff ought to be ashamed of yourselves. We have dealt with troublemakers before and we never resorted to editing their posts - does anybody remember Rallick Nom? Marduk? To go in and edit the posts of people who have opposing views to yourself is commonly referred to as abuse of power so FUCK YOU. Sort yourselves out and do it quickly, for your own sakes. I always win because I'm just that bit meaner than any fucker I've met and you are not prepared for me.I'm offended with what you've done and it's going to bother me until and unless I find a solution but I do love a problem. Silencer, you're a sweet kid, don't dislike you, someone needs to take hold of you and teach you about life but you can't manage this place unless we all want to watch it sink into the morass of unrecognizability. It's outrageous what you're letting people get away with in this place - I just wanted to say that in case you fucking delete everything else I've said because apparently that's OK under your regime.

Oh, the goatmanity. Won't someone think of the kid goats. What about the kids!!

#8 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:10 AM

View PostApt, on 17 October 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

You've got the most selective memory, Mal.

The harshest period of moderation on this forum, I can recall, was the period where you and Hetan took over the site. That was when a lot of people were warned and banned repeatedly. When the "New Guard" took over for the "Old Guard" and the forum was made to be more like an official forum. In that period you would have surely have been banned by now for your crazy, aggressive and unreasonably combative posting. Take a look at the Code of Conduct if you've forgotten how people are supposed to behave on the Malazan Forums.

Furthermore in the period you and Hetan owned the forum, people's posts were also edited for fun. Mainly by Abyss or Rodeo Ranch if I recall correctly. Nobody complained or disagreed because it was done in fun. Much like the edits of your ridiculous and incoherent posts. You'll also notice these edits have been secluded to the Inn and the Admin area, where such antics are encouraged rather than dismissed.

Nobody cares about you whining, Malaclypse. You've been acting like an ass for months now and you've become a laughing stock. You're the equivalent of Grandpa Simpson yelling at the clouds:

Posted Image

That is such bullshit, Apt. I can hardly believe that you are saying this shit to me right now. When we came in to save this place because the previous owner had abandoned it and took on that responsibiity,we looked first to those who had been marginalized, such as yourself. If you recall, and you fucking should, I championed you and made you staff. Fair enough that I would've/should've been banned had anybody actually been in charge. Cougar did it (swapping out words) and I never supported it. I, personally, would never presume to interfere with anybody else's argument - that, to me, is repulsive. But whatever, it's cool right? You can be shitty to people that rely upon you so don't be surprised when someone else imposes their will upon you right? Poetic justice and yet it's boring to watch.

#9 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:12 AM

What a pack of fucking hypocrites you are

You will love sheep but not Goats! It is outrageous I tell you outrageous!! :p

#10 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:20 AM

One could argue that the post of yours that got edited was not an argument or a post with any weight because apparently nobody knew(and still doesnt know) what the hell were you even talking about. Maybe you should've started with that if you wanted to be taken seriously in that matter.
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#11 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:23 AM

You keep bringing up my prior history as a poster on this forum as though it means anything.

Your revisionist history of those events are delusional. I was never marginalized and I never needed championing. Nobody has ever been marginalized on these forums, except maybe Sarah Jessica Parker.

I was a popular poster because I posted dumb shit in the Inn and could remember a ton of facts about the books in the book forums. I was made a mod when there was help needed to edit the old forums during the server move and moderate the book area. I was removed as a mod when people on the staff didn't agree with my style of posting/moderating in the inn, considering I was supposed to be "an authority" but believed more in random chaos.

None of that matters. I don't owe you shit. And nobody owes you anything. This is a free open forum for discussion. But it's also a place run by a tight group of regulars that you have gone out of your way to take a piss on.

Nobody has interfered with your posting or your rights. You've been allowed to make dozens of dumb, offensive, insulting, combative posts again and again. Nobody has stopped you because (I'm trying to read the moderator hivemind now)

A ) You're a part of the forums legacy and, like the drunk uncle at the kids birthday part, we put up with you because we're fond of the olden days.

B ) You've not actually directly broken any specific rules, you're just a fruitloop and

C ) This is the most fun we've had in a long time. Watching you post is like watching a bus full of nuns crash into an orphanage. It's terrible but I can't look away.

By all means, Malaclypse, keep going. Just don't expect anybody to care.

This post has been edited by Apt: 17 October 2016 - 11:27 AM

#12 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:26 AM

LOL, ok WOW - shit

#13 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:29 AM

Aptorian my erstwhile ally...

I was wrong. There was no room for improvement in you - well, not enough anyway, mayby if I could have met him and had A chat, who knows what might happen?

I might be able to talk him into loving goats as well. Hmmm...

ETA: well I can't very well shadow-edit this can I? Not without being a treacherous wanker

#14 User is online   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:26 PM

Why do I get the sudden urge to watch Dr. Strangelove?
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#15 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:46 PM

Why is being mean to people to provoke them to pay attention to you the default course of action here, Malaclypse? Are we real people or automated subroutines to amuse you?

Every single interaction with you goes like this: "[Pokes a person randomly.] [Person looks at you] Fuck you. You're trash. None of your opinions are good. [Person gets mad or tries to figure out what wavelength you're on and engages in attempted joking conversation] Fuck you again. You're not doing this right. If we'd met in person, I'd either fight you or feed you or possibly beg you to have sex with me in order to feel something, anything. I hate you all for not following my arbitrary and misremembered rules. Goodbye. Fuck you. I'll see you again in three days?"

None of it is comprehensible to anyone outside you and there's not much that seems to be worth the hassle of figuring out how to deal with you on your terms. So I'm all for whimsical and minor inversions of what you do here (within reason).

I'm here on this website because I love the books, I like the people here, and I try to bring things to the table such that they like and want to have me around. If I screw up (even badly, like I have in the past), they'll be patient and set me right if they can. I have that trust in the people here and hopefully, they have it in me too.

I don't know what's going on with you, you've vaguely hinted to some things that are worth patience and care, but it's real hard to consider trying. Especially when we're not paid to do this or emotionally invested in you right now. I hope you figure out a better way forwards. I'll be around and hopefully the collective we will too.

This post has been edited by amphibian: 17 October 2016 - 07:09 PM

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#16 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:38 PM

View PostMalaclypse, on 17 October 2016 - 10:53 AM, said:

.... They always let me win because I'm just that bit whinier than any fucker I've met and you are not prepared for me......

Corrected for accuracy.

:p
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#17 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified
  • Cheating Hood since 1955

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:43 PM

View PostMalaclypse, on 17 October 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

What a pack of fucking hypocrites you are

[GROUCHO] I have nothing but sympathy for you... and very little of that. [/MARX]
What is not forbidden is mandatory.

#18 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:54 PM

I don't know about anyone else but take my guidance from the force!
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#19 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:08 PM

It's horoscopes for me all the way.
The trick is to read all of them and then select the one that seems most fitting for that day or week.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#20 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:53 PM

WHO IS IN CHARGE HERE?

I am.

But you knew that already Mal, since you gave me the job. Didn't even ask me... I just logged in one day and hey, admin powers, cool. You even asked me to be the final word on conflicts between admins/mods. ...A thing I've only ever had to do against you, btw.

But the important part Mal... The importantest part and the reason I feel no conflict whatsoever in seeing your posts ninja'd... is that the one rule I have always stood by, the one thing (other than no spoilers in wrong places) i actually give a crap about in this space you so kindly created and handed to me is very simple: 'be nice'. You seem to have a problem with that, and when you stopped being nice, you gave up any right to be protected and respected and treated the same as everyone else here.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users