Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crokus and the Crimson Guard

#1 User is offline   Mykar Blackheart 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:34 AM

Towards the end of the book it was pointed out that the Crimson Guard has been looking out for him. So is it possible that all those close calls (starting with him miraculously dodging arrows when he first picked up the coin) were actually the Crimson Guard in the background saving him ?

Another thing, the Crimson Guard seems like a ultra cool bunch of people. Cant wait to read more about them

This post has been edited by Mykar Blackheart: 12 October 2016 - 11:34 AM

#2 User is offline   TemperTantrum 

• Recruit

Posted 12 October 2016 - 01:10 PM

IIRC, Crokus actually picking up the coin and the arrow shooting over him seemed more of an intervention from Oponn i.e. not wanting their Coinbearer to get killed before he even gets going and shakes things up isn't going to go particularly well. Afterwards however, the failed assassination attempts by Serrat against Crokus were because of the Crimson Guard (Brood having asked them to protect him). I can't remember exactly but I'm fairly sure someone (Fingers?) told Crokus this after Serrat's last attempt on him.

It's been sometime since I read GOTM but I think most of that is correct =P

#3 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 12 October 2016 - 02:47 PM

TemperTantrum is right.
In Chapter 10 Brood goes to meet K'azz D'Avore and request the help of the Sixth Blade. Everything that happend before was due to Oponn's luck.

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:22 PM

Yep. The close calls were Oponn, but the moments when Serrat and later Lorn were stopped by people, those people were Guard (Cowl and Blues respectively).
The Guard are pretty awesome. I think you'll enjoy when you see them again.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   PLUGO 

• Lieutenant

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:45 PM

View PostTemperTantrum, on 12 October 2016 - 01:10 PM, said:

IIRC, Crokus actually picking up the coin and the arrow shooting over him seemed more of an intervention from Oponn i.e. not wanting their Coinbearer to get killed before he even gets going and shakes things up isn't going to go particularly well. Afterwards however, the failed assassination attempts by Serrat against Crokus were because of the Crimson Guard (Brood having asked them to protect him). I can't remember exactly but I'm fairly sure someone (Fingers?) told Crokus this after Serrat's last attempt on him.

It's been sometime since I read GOTM but I think most of that is correct =P

One thing about that life saving coincidence that strikes me is how being a pawn of a god will ultimately doom a person. In that particular instance it seems like Oponn decides to select someone who is already doomed (about to be shot in the head by a crossbow bolt) and give them the choice to continue living by serving Oponn as coinbearer. The choice was, of course, given to him in a fashion he could not resist, how could a thief NOT pick-up a coin.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users