Malazan Empire: you can shadow edit the posts of others if you're more special - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

you can shadow edit the posts of others if you're more special it's immoral but do it anyways bcs wheeeeeeeee

#1 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:37 AM

What in my sam-briches-duggery is this?

At most, you can delete posts or censor elements in posts - you do not get to add things, under any circumstances. Only I am permitted to inseert new things, such as last night when I gingerly inserted a flourescent lightbulb into my rectum. Presumably this is being dealt with by trained medical butt surgeons? Honestly, wtf?!

Thanks to the Modgods for showing me the errors of my ways.

I love the ModGods they are some of the only things in my life that makes me happy. :p

I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face
You get sprung, want to pull up tough

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:57 AM

Oh man this is going to be good...

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:49 AM

For you, Mal, I'll make an exception.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:03 PM

I don't even know what he's referring to.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:12 PM

Me either.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:46 PM

Today was a good day.

#7 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

View PostSilencer, on 07 October 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:

For you, Mal, I'll make an exception.

View PostAbyss, on 07 October 2016 - 05:03 PM, said:

I don't even know what he's referring to.

View PostVengeance, on 07 October 2016 - 05:12 PM, said:

Me either.

FYI Mal, this is how you multi-quote.

Ahem... mods are awesome, mods are cool.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#8 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:38 AM

I dunno what to do with you cunts. How you can justify editing people's posts without noting why and by whom boggles my mind. For me this is essential - you can't put words in my mouth. I had that kind of power in this place and never did anything like that. It's just plain wrong.

#9 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:22 PM

*Logs in as Path-shaper*

*looks for Mal's post*

*loses the nerve*

Nothing to see here.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#10 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:26 PM

What's the matter, McFly...

#11 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:23 PM

Gotta agree with Mal on this one, especially re: putting words in someone else's post as if they said it. It's a dirty trick. (The OP in this thread has context, at least, but in general).
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#12 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:30 PM

View Postworry, on 17 October 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

I agree with the mods and they should do whatever they want.

Well put, worry.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#13 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:48 PM

Can't believe I'm going to defend Abyss here but in the multitude of examples of Abyss editting my posts (because he is jealous of my intelligence and good looks) he either makes it obvious or leaves an edit tag.

In this threads case Mal posted a bunch of garbage and the moderators made fun of him. Instead of taking it like a man and accepting the rib he throws anothet tantrum. Never realizibg the irony of challenging the mods and then getting toyed with is exactly what he asked for.

#14 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:08 PM

He's not talking about editing though. He's talking about a Mod changing the content of someone else's post entirely -- putting words in their mouth -- and leaving it unmarked as an edit at all, so it just looks like that poster made that post. And that poster has to just eventually go back and see it, by serendipity or whatever, to even see that the content has been changed. I can see why, in a fit of whimsy, a Mod might think it's a bit of freewheeling fun or whatever and mean no harm, but I do think it's actually a breach of trust. Editing out rule-breaking content and saying you did so: occasionally annoying if the rule is too loosely applied, but usually fine, and that's how the hierarchy works. Creating posts from whole cloth (both deleting the original content, and inventing new content you're forcing someone to unwittingly puppet): never really okay. (And again, I get that the OP in this particular thread includes the context of the topic, so I'm not specifying that one).

#15 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:30 PM

View Postworry, on 17 October 2016 - 08:08 PM, said:

He's not talking about editing though. He's talking about a Mod changing the content of someone else's post entirely -- putting words in their mouth -- and leaving it unmarked as an edit at all, so it just looks like that poster made that post. And that poster has to just eventually go back and see it, by serendipity or whatever, to even see that the content has been changed. I can see why, in a fit of whimsy, a Mod might think it's a bit of freewheeling fun or whatever and mean no harm, but I do think it's actually a breach of trust. Editing out rule-breaking content and saying you did so: occasionally annoying if the rule is too loosely applied, but usually fine, and that's how the hierarchy works. Creating posts from whole cloth (both deleting the original content, and inventing new content you're forcing someone to unwittingly puppet): never really okay. (And again, I get that the OP in this particular thread includes the context of the topic, so I'm not specifying that one).

In a meta view, I get what you are saying. I mostly agree with it.

I do think this one time is still alright and shouldn't be repeated. I also think he should be banned for six months, even though he is who he is (a person who helped build this place to be what it is now) and Hetan told to change her password so he cannot log on as her and post (which he frequently does/did). This isn't the place to do what he does and nobody's getting anything good out of it that I can tell beyond guidelines to handle future such situations. But I'm not a mod and I don't make that call.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#16 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:57 PM

I'm not sure what he does 'wrong' aside from pestering people into combative conversations, which most people ignore or have meta-boarding conversations about. On a bigger board he might inspire cronies, stooges, or whatever to do the same thing, affecting the fabric of that board, but here it just seems like one guy shouting into a hole half the time. A quirk more than a cancer. But I recognize different people have different tolerance levels for that kind of thing. I find him abrasive rather than corrosive (on average -- individual posts may vary of course), but others may very well have a different history with him. Also I recognize people come to this board in part cuz it's an oasis in contrast to much of the Net, so there's that.

#17 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:49 PM

Mal is a special exception, Worry. It's not going to happen to anyone else (unless they somehow replicate Mal's cantankerousness and decade-long history on this forum), and if it did Silencer would take it very seriously.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#18 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:37 PM

Drek is right Mal is a special case. Every Mod will mark an edit with

- Edited by Venge (enter mods name) because Mental is a dork. (enter reason)

Any time we have to edit someones posts. Now is something is especially disgusting our out of line we will just delete the post and then pm the poster. Except for Mal. There are several reasons for Mals special treatment.

A. He has been warned multiple times. About lots of things
B. He knows what can and will happen.
C. He brings it on himself
D. It is just easier to edit his posts and move on. The more he whines the more he post is edited.
f. It's more fun.

This post has been edited by Abyss: 21 October 2016 - 03:43 AM
Reason for edit: YOU SAW NOTHING.

How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users