• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Questions

#1 User is offline   iso9001 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:08 AM

Hi all,

I am currently at chapter 7. Here are some questions you might want to answer :rtfm:
  • Gods seemed to travel as they like before but Traveller* cannot. I mean he is about to starve to death where ST and Cot can travel freely? How is that limited for Traveller? Is he not Dessembrae, the God of Tragedy?
  • I thought the Harllo story was flashbacks but I guess Harrlo is a product of rape of Stonny during the war against Pannion and the story is not flashbacks at all. I cannot remember where we last left Stonny and Gruntle. If I am not mistaken, Gruntle joined the fight in Coral but cannot remember Stonny. And I also cannot remember how they returned to Darujhistan. Any help here?

Regards
I am the master of my fate.. I am the captain of my soul..

#2 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:22 AM

1. This is a bit of a spoiler

Spoiler

2. Stonny followed Gruntl and his legion to Coral and also fought in the battle. We also saw her after the battle, with Grantl. They probably returned to Darujhistan afterwards, but this was not a part of the book.

#3 User is offline   iso9001 

• Lieutenant

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:30 AM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 02 September 2016 - 07:22 AM, said:

Spoiler

2. Stonny followed Gruntl and his legion to Coral and also fought in the battle. We also saw her after the battle, with Grantl. They probably returned to Darujhistan afterwards, but this was not a part of the book.

Thank you for the answerss. I didn't want to read the spoiler but when I clicked on Reply button, I read the spoiler text in plain text :rtfm:

One more question popped into my mind:

3. I am reading that Itkovian is turning into a God. When Itkovian died, did his soul passed through Hood's gate or was it sealed in the Great Barrow? Can someone become a God after he passed through Hood's gate?

Regards

#4 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:13 AM

View Postiso9001, on 02 September 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

View Post- Coltaine -, on 02 September 2016 - 07:22 AM, said:

Spoiler

Thank you for the answerss. I didn't want to read the spoiler but when I clicked on Reply button, I read the spoiler text in plain text :rtfm:

One more question popped into my mind:

3. I am reading that Itkovian is turning into a God. When Itkovian died, did his soul passed through Hood's gate or was it sealed in the Great Barrow? Can someone become a God after he passed through Hood's gate?

Regards

His soul did not pass through Hood's Gate and no other god claimed it. He still carried the sorrow of the T'lan Imass and the souls of the people from Capustan. This together with the worship of the people turned him into a god.

That's difficult. And a possible answer may contain large spoilers for this book. So keep reading :rtfm:

#5 User is offline   iso9001 

• Lieutenant

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:05 PM

Hi all,

I am having hard times understanding this whole Dying God story. Why is he called Dying God? What is he aiming and why? What does kelyk do people? How can Salind do what she can after drinking kelyk? I am currently on chapter 22 but this story bugs me. Can anyone help?

Regards

This post has been edited by iso9001: 03 November 2016 - 03:07 PM

#6 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:52 PM

View Postiso9001, on 03 November 2016 - 03:05 PM, said:

Hi all,

I am having hard times understanding this whole Dying God story. Why is he called Dying God? What is he aiming and why? What does kelyk do people? How can Salind do what she can after drinking kelyk? I am currently on chapter 22 but this story bugs me. Can anyone help?

Regards

It is kind of explained... its a throwback to an old character. I will be better able to explain after you are done with the book

#7 User is offline   iso9001 

• Lieutenant

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:54 PM

View PostAndorion, on 03 November 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

Hi all,

Regards

It is kind of explained... its a throwback to an old character. I will be better able to explain after you are done with the book

Thank you,

I know who he is (I couldn't find the spoiler tags). But I don't know how he became a God, what is he aiming for and etc.

I will come back when I finish the book :)

Regards

This post has been edited by iso9001: 03 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

#8 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:09 PM

View Postiso9001, on 03 November 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

View PostAndorion, on 03 November 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

Hi all,

Regards

Thank you,

I know who he is (I couldn't find the spoiler tags). But I don't know how he became a God, what is he aiming for and etc.

I will come back when I finish the book :)

Regards

Oh, if you know who he is, there's a much smaller problem. BTW you don't need to use spoilers for this, as this is a TTH issue and this is the TTH sub.

But it you want to the Spoiler Tag can be found in the dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the editor called Other Styles

Now apparently Bellurdan was in the Abyss. How he got there was never clearly explained, but probably its a side effect of the incident that created Silverfox. There, he was quite possible heavily influenced by Chaos. Now Bellurdan was always a pretty powerful mage - a High Mage, And at the time of his death he was extremely sad and angry(check GotM for this) So its implied that Chaos + emotion + power equals a manifestation like the Dying God. Of course the situation was made much worse by evil people using kelyk for their own purposes

#9 User is offline   iso9001 

• Lieutenant

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:13 PM

View PostAndorion, on 03 November 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

Oh, if you know who he is, there's a much smaller problem. BTW you don't need to use spoilers for this, as this is a TTH issue and this is the TTH sub.

But it you want to the Spoiler Tag can be found in the dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the editor called Other Styles

Now apparently Bellurdan was in the Abyss. How he got there was never clearly explained, but probably its a side effect of the incident that created Silverfox. There, he was quite possible heavily influenced by Chaos. Now Bellurdan was always a pretty powerful mage - a High Mage, And at the time of his death he was extremely sad and angry(check GotM for this) So its implied that Chaos + emotion + power equals a manifestation like the Dying God. Of course the situation was made much worse by evil people using kelyk for their own purposes

Thank you,

Now it started to make sense. But;
  • He was in a village of followers and kelyk drinkers. Was he bound there (there were puppets)? Did he use Clip to escape?
  • Why does he aim to kill Redeemer?
  • He plans to use Salind but I don't know how can this happen. I remember the word "path" but don't know what that means?
  • If he was in Abyss, how did he escape (this might be a silly question) :)

Regards

#10 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:22 PM

View Postiso9001, on 03 November 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

Thank you,

• He was in a village of followers and kelyk drinkers. Was he bound there (there were puppets)? Did he use Clip to escape?
  • He plans to use Salind but I don't know how can this happen. I remember the word "path" but don't know what that means?

Regards

He was not physically there, He is no longer really Bellurdan, thelomen mage, but a god-type manifestation who has leaked into this world. As for the Salind storyline and the Redeemer, thats a RAFO.

I think you can move in and out of the Abyss depending on your power.

#11 User is offline   iso9001 

• Lieutenant

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:24 PM

View PostAndorion, on 03 November 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

View Postiso9001, on 03 November 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

Thank you,

Regards

He was not physically there, He is no longer really Bellurdan, thelomen mage, but a god-type manifestation who has leaked into this world. As for the Salind storyline and the Redeemer, thats a RAFO.

I think you can move in and out of the Abyss depending on your power.

Thank you very much Andorion Posted Image

Regards

#12 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified
  • Cheating Hood since 1955

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:27 PM

I don't remember this all too well, but wasn't the Dying God's physical manifestation in the temple some broken survivor of the crashed K'Chain flying machine? Was that someone in particular we already know, or just some dude?
What is not forbidden is mandatory.

#13 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:51 AM

View PostKruppe of Darujhistan, on 03 November 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:

I don't remember this all too well, but wasn't the Dying God's physical manifestation in the temple some broken survivor of the crashed K'Chain flying machine? Was that someone in particular we already know, or just some dude?

From chapter 12, its pretty clear that Beelurdan really resented being cast aside by Tattersail/Nightchill. he met Hairlock in the Abyss and learnt how to frame a dolls body. He consumed broken fragments of other entities in the Abyss and then rode the KChain machine out.

#14 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 November 2016 - 03:00 AM

A tale as old as time!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#15 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified
  • Cheating Hood since 1955

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:18 PM

View PostAndorion, on 04 November 2016 - 02:51 AM, said:

View PostKruppe of Darujhistan, on 03 November 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:

From chapter 12, its pretty clear that Beelurdan really resented being cast aside by Tattersail/Nightchill. he met Hairlock in the Abyss and learnt how to frame a dolls body. He consumed broken fragments of other entities in the Abyss and then rode the KChain machine out.

Ah, thanks. I thought the Bellurdan connection came from a different source.
What is not forbidden is mandatory.

#16 User is offline   iso9001 

• Lieutenant

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:03 AM

Hi,

What are the next books to read since that I have finished TtH? I am currently reading Stonewielder and some say Dust of Dreams is next and some say OST. What should be the order?

Thanks.

This post has been edited by iso9001: 13 November 2016 - 10:04 AM

#17 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 13 November 2016 - 11:01 AM

Finish Stonewielder, go to Dust of Dreams and Crippled God. Read OST, B&B and Assail

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users