• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Finished! But not the End Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:03 AM

Hello all,
I have finally finished the MBotF, and included KoN, RotCG and SW in the middle. What a journey this has been, probably the best word to define my state of mind is overwhelmed. There have been so many moments, so much information, so many questions that it is hard to keep this post short. In know I have finished the MBotF, but the quest continues and have already started with OST.
This has been an epic ride. The best a fantasy lover can experience. And the best thing about it is there is more to come.
I have read many comments of people questioning many aspects about timeline, magic system, god/ascendant powers, why this character appears or acts, the convenience of the alligment of the forces in the final battles, etc. Well, my reasoning is simple: this is like The World we live in, were many things are unknowed by us, were many things are happening at the same time, were many things we see or hear about have no explanation or it is very dificult to understand. So why should it be easier in WU. I honestly think that the best thing about this series is that it reflects the essence of a living world like ours, were the only real rule is Chance, meaning anything can happen, anytime, anywere.
There are just a couple of minor things I may have missed out and some of you may be able to help (no SPOILERS please if the answer is RAFO in ICE novels)

- Draconus kills a giant and (I think) it is Faint says he just killed a God... But I think it was one of the Jade Giants scattered through out the world. Am I wrong? If a God, who was it?

- Silverfox is a character I was expecting more from, but I understand she still holds control of the T'lan Imass that she summoned or did she realease them at the end of MOI? Considering she has 4 souls in her and her relation with Ganoes has left me thinking what happened to her.

- Kaminsod is an Alien God. Is there any information about how he arrived to WU, when? Why? The only thing I can hint is that he was probably a very powerful being and the Elder's felt threatened and decided to join and Chain him. This did not turn out too well and his body was scattered with different beings benefiting of his power, Burn suffering, and finally ST and CT setting everything to free him.
- Also related to TCG, some of his parts were left behind... Will they still have his power or do they fade away with him? He could be returning in future books... (I'm speculating now...)

- The Eres'al that possesed T'Amber is the same that Bottle had dreams about and helped QB with the Edur, but I can't remember what happend to her. Any ideas?

- Did Karsa kill Calm? She shouts "you freed me!" But then, it may have been Ublala... If it was Karsa, is it hinted how he travelled from Darhujistan to the Wastelands? It has to be warren or god intervention...

Well, these are my initial thoughts... Thanks for the comments.

Better get on with my reading!

#2 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:36 AM

View PostMist, on 27 August 2016 - 10:03 AM, said:

Hello all,
I have finally finished the MBotF, and included KoN, RotCG and SW in the middle. What a journey this has been, probably the best word to define my state of mind is overwhelmed. There have been so many moments, so much information, so many questions that it is hard to keep this post short. In know I have finished the MBotF, but the quest continues and have already started with OST.
This has been an epic ride. The best a fantasy lover can experience. And the best thing about it is there is more to come.
I have read many comments of people questioning many aspects about timeline, magic system, god/ascendant powers, why this character appears or acts, the convenience of the alligment of the forces in the final battles, etc. Well, my reasoning is simple: this is like The World we live in, were many things are unknowed by us, were many things are happening at the same time, were many things we see or hear about have no explanation or it is very dificult to understand. So why should it be easier in WU. I honestly think that the best thing about this series is that it reflects the essence of a living world like ours, were the only real rule is Chance, meaning anything can happen, anytime, anywere.
There are just a couple of minor things I may have missed out and some of you may be able to help (no SPOILERS please if the answer is RAFO in ICE novels)

- Draconus kills a giant and (I think) it is Faint says he just killed a God... But I think it was one of the Jade Giants scattered through out the world. Am I wrong? If a God, who was it?

- Silverfox is a character I was expecting more from, but I understand she still holds control of the T'lan Imass that she summoned or did she realease them at the end of MOI? Considering she has 4 souls in her and her relation with Ganoes has left me thinking what happened to her.

- Kaminsod is an Alien God. Is there any information about how he arrived to WU, when? Why? The only thing I can hint is that he was probably a very powerful being and the Elder's felt threatened and decided to join and Chain him. This did not turn out too well and his body was scattered with different beings benefiting of his power, Burn suffering, and finally ST and CT setting everything to free him.
- Also related to TCG, some of his parts were left behind... Will they still have his power or do they fade away with him? He could be returning in future books... (I'm speculating now...)

- The Eres'al that possesed T'Amber is the same that Bottle had dreams about and helped QB with the Edur, but I can't remember what happend to her. Any ideas?

- Did Karsa kill Calm? She shouts "you freed me!" But then, it may have been Ublala... If it was Karsa, is it hinted how he travelled from Darhujistan to the Wastelands? It has to be warren or god intervention...

Well, these are my initial thoughts... Thanks for the comments.

Better get on with my reading!

1. "In the world they come from they're all their own Shield Anvils!" Yeah, basically a believer giant like Kaminsod's.
2. Silverfox is in Assail, by ICE.
3. The mages of Kallor's empire enticed and brought him down resulting in the shattering of Jacuruku and Korel. That's all you need. He doesn't belong there and is anathema.
4. Good question. RAFO.
5. Jerking off random soldiers? No.
6. No, that was Ublala who took over for Mappo.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:40 PM

IIRC the last thing Eres'al does on-page is jump into raging Icarium and hit the Off switch. It's possible she also points him in the right direction regarding what he does at the end of RG. He certainly seems to have more focus/purpose at that point.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:18 PM

Thanks for the comments. Gone back to the books and don't understand where I got the idea of Karsa killing Calm... She clearly corrects herself and the weapon has nothing to do.

This post has been edited by Mist: 28 August 2016 - 08:19 PM

#5 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:01 AM

Oh! By the way, I can't remember anything about the T'lan Imass that Harllo helps free in the mines. Is this another RAFO?

#6 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:22 AM

View PostMist, on 29 August 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

Oh! By the way, I can't remember anything about the T'lan Imass that Harllo helps free in the mines. Is this another RAFO?

Yes :)

#7 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:27 AM

Excellent!! Thanks!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users