Malazan Empire: How to Travel to and from Crippled God's Realm? - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to Travel to and from Crippled God's Realm?

#1 User is offline   Herrick The Younger 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:19 AM

How does Karsa Orlong just leave the island/beach/or shore at the end? And how does Withal get there? He seemed to get there via ship but isn't that island or shore in some other realm?

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:32 AM

Karsa gets there by using Samar Dev's knife full of souls (including Kuru Qan) who sacrifice themselves along with other souls from the Tarthenal burial ground. They kinda create a wormhole through Chaos imo.

Withal gets there via Mael, I think.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Herrick The Younger 

• Corporal

Posted 21 August 2016 - 05:38 AM

View Postworry, on 21 August 2016 - 04:32 AM, said:

Karsa gets there by using Samar Dev's knife full of souls (including Kuru Qan) who sacrifice themselves along with other souls from the Tarthenal burial ground. They kinda create a wormhole through Chaos imo.

Withal gets there via Mael, I think.

I think I misread the scene when Karsa leaves. It kind of sounds like the portal appears after those spirits & Kuru Qan sacrificed themselves...but I'm not sure.

"Withal managed to turn onto his side, and saw the giant enter a portal of fire then vanish..."

#4 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:56 AM

Karsa is bleeding from his injury and blood has power.
Kuru Quan leads the ghosts in the knife. The ghosts themselves want Karsa's blood
Also Arabat sacrifices himself and releases a lot of toblakai spirits to push Karsa through the gate.
Rhulad's sword itself is special being aspected to the crippled god. Maybe that has something to do with the gate.
Karsa is also the knight of the house of chains and CG wants him to come.

Though wow Withal ended up there, I don't think is clear, but maybe since he created the sword, that had something to do with it.

#5 User is offline   Kellanved's shadow 

• The blade in the shadow
  • Interests:being king of high house shadow
    ordering Cotillion
    ordering the Hounds
    commanding shadows (oh wait I am a shadow)

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:19 AM

All of you have described how Karsa got there not how he left. If I remember correctly during the conversation with the CG, the CG opened a portal to Genabakis as a way to entice Karsa to pick up the sword and claim his army.

Withal was able to leave thanks to Mael coming along and giving both him and Sandalath free passage away. How he got there I assume is the same way that Sandalath got there. He died during the destruction of his Mekros city and the CG teleported both his body and soul to his Warren.
"I walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I have commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I have spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?"
"Yes" said Brood , "you never learn".

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users