Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Finished! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   himechan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:07 AM

Hello everyone!This is my first post, although I have been lurking around since DG :p I just finished CG and I just had to share about it here, since noone I know has read it (I am slowly changing that fact) and everyone has had enough of me rambling about the awesomeness of MBTOF :p
First things first: this series is the best fantasy series I have read. I love everything about it, from the world, characters, history to all the philosophising SE does. I actually can't say that I don't like a book, for me they are all amazing. Oh, this will be a long post :p let's do this!
Best book: either DG, MOI, RG or CG. Can't decide.
Best characters: Tehol, Bugg, Trull, Rake, ST, Cotillon, Fiddler, QB, Karsa, Leoman, Coltaine, Hood, and the whole Bonehunters army
Saddest moments: SO MANY! SE actually managed to make me cry like a little girl several times- Trull and Beak hitting me the hardest, second to that is Coltaine with Itkovian. But in CG, he managed to make me cry (damn Stormy, Gesler and Bent) whilst laughing my ass off at Hood and the Jaghuts scene at the barrows. My husband was actually worried about me at that point :p
Best epic moment: overload...so many, so many to choose from...Gruntle and his child banner, Rake everywhere and anytime, when Karsa says "Witness!" you know shit is gonna get epic, the finale of TTH blew me away, the whole Drift Avali was insane, and DoD and CG were on a whole different level. Draconus coming back and then later talkong to Ublala he was stepping on some ants...come on dude! As I said, so many moments....
Best actually laughing out loud moment: End of CG with "Will you please shut up!". The next one technically doesn't count as it's from RotCg, but the whole scene with Traveler (staring at the sky, hoping to have enough patience for what's coming), ST, Cotillon, Osserc and the freaking mopping monkey was one of the best comedic moments in history.
Soo, this was longer then expected :p The plan now is to continue with zhe ICE novels, since I have read only to SW, and all the trilogies. I am really glad I still have more of the Malazan world, bit then there are always rereads :p

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:31 PM

Welcome!

You have some fun ahead of you.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1